Dan Reeves passes away, age 77

KellyToTasker

The first football game I ever attended was Super Bowl XXI in Pasadena.  I gladly rooted for the underdog Broncos even though they didn't have much going for them besides John Elway. 

Dan Reeves was a class act and a reminder of a bygone era of professional, solid, no-nonsense coaches who didn't need sound bites and BS to motivate their teams.

• Like (+1) 8

I -I mean Santa used to stuff stockings with Time/Life’s annual ‘Who we lost this year’ holiday edition. I -HE stopped that tradition a few years ago when it became bitterly obvious you Can’t print a magazine about the years’ passing of great personalities in November, when the December final roll call seems to be unusually busy.

RIP Dan Reeves.

• Agree 1

Cool thing about Reeves was his NFCCG upset against 15-1 Minnesota, when everyone had the Vikings penciled in to play Denver in the Super Bowl.   Minnesota probably had a good chance to win too.  

Unfortunately, the other part of Reeves legacy is a coach whose teams got outclassed in the Super Bowl three times.

If Reeves wins one Super Bowl, he’s an easy HOF’er IMO

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Cool thing about Reeves was his NFCCG upset against 15-1 Minnesota, when everyone had the Vikings penciled in to play Denver in the Super Bowl.   Minnesota probably had a good chance to win too.  

Unfortunately, the other part of Reeves legacy is a coach whose teams got outclassed in the Super Bowl three times.

If Reeves wins one Super Bowl, he’s an easy HOF’er IMO

I think he deserves to be in anyway.  He got Denver there 3 times and then Atlanta years later, and in the middle took the Giants to the playoffs. 

Levy is in with 4 losses so I don't see why Reeves wouldn't be 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I -I mean Santa used to stuff stockings with Time/Life’s annual ‘Who we lost this year’ holiday edition. I -HE stopped that tradition a few years ago when it became bitterly obvious you Can’t print a magazine about the years’ passing of great personalities in November, when the December final roll call seems to be unusually busy.

RIP Dan Reeves.

I was in the check out at the grocery store and one of the gossip magazines had a Betty White at 100 cover. The lady in front in front of me said “nope, she died a couple hours ago”. A strange percentage of my family members lost were right around the holidays. Our first year in FL my wife flew up to see her father in the hospital on Christmas Eve. He was pretty out of it, but he kept saying “I can’t do it, I can’t do it”. She finally got him to explain that he couldn’t die on Christmas and forever taint the day. He made it until 12/29. 

RIP, Dan Reeves. A huge name in the sport, and so much more. 

Edited by Augie
  • Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.