Week 17 - Bills/Falcons - Josh vs Josh

Seventeen

Week 17 - any possibility we could see the good Josh battle the bad Josh in Week 17 ? If you tell me there's a 0% chance, I won't be offended. 

But if Atlanta were to lose this week, they would be pretty much eliminated from the playoffs. Would Arthur Smith give Rosen some playing time ? 

Edited by Roy Hobbs

• Seventeen changed the title to Week 17 - Bills/Falcons - Josh vs Josh
2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Nah, Rookie coach wants to win as many games as possible. I don’t see them sitting Ryan. Not to mention Rosen is who he is. If there was a rookie draft pick on the bench then maybe. 

They've won 2 of their last 6 with Ryan.

32 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Week 17 - any possibility we could see the good Josh battle the bad Josh in Week 17 ? If you tell me there's a 0% chance, I won't be offended. 

But if Atlanta were to lose this week, they would be pretty much eliminated from the playoffs. Would Arthur Smith give Rosen some playing time ? 

Have you seen Rosen play?  The last time I saw him he came in in garbage time threw a pick & got pulled for Atlanta's 3rd stringer-with nothing on the line, the game was essentially over!  If he's still their #2, I could see Rosen playing in the 4th quarter if the bills are blowing out Atlanta.  It could end up the same: Rosen in, throws a pick, Rosen benched.  

This week I was looking at a 2018 draft day video and I still can't believe how bad Rosen turned out.  The guys on the NFL network broadcast loved Rosen, especially Troy Aikman, who definitely preferred the wrong Josh.  When Rosen made Atlanta, I was rooting for him to turn things around, but after watching him in the game he got pulled, I've completely written the guy off.  It must really suck to be so good in college to be a top 10 pick at the most coveted position & not be able to play in the NFL. Sort of like the characters in the song Glory Days.  

14 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Have you seen Rosen play?  The last time I saw him he came in in garbage time threw a pick & got pulled for Atlanta's 3rd stringer-with nothing on the line, the game was essentially over!  If he's still their #2, I could see Rosen playing in the 4th quarter if the bills are blowing out Atlanta.  It could end up the same: Rosen in, throws a pick, Rosen benched.  

This week I was looking at a 2018 draft day video and I still can't believe how bad Rosen turned out.  The guys on the NFL network broadcast loved Rosen, especially Troy Aikman, who definitely preferred the wrong Josh.  When Rosen made Atlanta, I was rooting for him to turn things around, but after watching him in the game he got pulled, I've completely written the guy off.  It must really suck to be so good in college to be a top 10 pick at the most coveted position & not be able to play in the NFL. Sort of like the characters in the song Glory Days.  

Along with many on this board who preferred the "wrong" Josh ... my only thought would be Smith would give him more than just a series or two to see if he is worth another look next year. This mock has the Falcons taking Pickett and Rosen would be history. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-top-20-qbs-replace-ben-roethlisberger-kirk-cousins-as-steelers-vikings-plan-for-future/

• Dislike 1

45 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Along with many on this board who preferred the "wrong" Josh ... my only thought would be Smith would give him more than just a series or two to see if he is worth another look next year. This mock has the Falcons taking Pickett and Rosen would be history. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-top-20-qbs-replace-ben-roethlisberger-kirk-cousins-as-steelers-vikings-plan-for-future/

I hit dislike because the link has the Bills picking 20th, ahead of NE.  BOO!  

The possibility is there as the game day backup Feleipe Franks just went on the Covid list.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/28/falcons-place-feleipe-franks-richie-grant-on-covid-19-reserve-list/

He is not very good .. so I don’t think he or Allen really care about it as it won’t change the narrative … our Josh HOF trajectory.. Rosen one of the big busts of all- time who made the talking heads look foolish

On 12/26/2021 at 10:44 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

Troy Aikman having a bias toward a consensus 4/5 star recruit who played at UCLA?  Really?  Our Josh is the Roy Hobbs of the 2018 QB class.  Maybe of all QBs.  His pedigree defies any comp-- a no star JC QB that broke the modern day process of what it takes to be great and nearly missed on having a DI collegiate career at all. There are many that could not trust him as a prospect because of it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Troy Aikman having a bias toward a consensus 4/5 star recruit who played at UCLA?  Really?  Our Josh is the Roy Hobbs of the 2018 QB class.  Maybe of all QBs.  His pedigree defies any comp-- a no star JC QB that broke the modern day process of what it takes to be great and nearly missed on having a DI collegiate career at all. There are many that could not trust him as a prospect because of it.

Aaron Rodgers was a zero star Junior college quarterback as well

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.