NBC Boston: Bills are done, Pats make them lick dog *****

Motorin'

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Zero evidence to suggest this but it would certainly be time to silence the critics once and for all.

I actually think there is a good deal of evidence to suggest the Bills can win comfortably in NE.

With the exception of one run (which certainly mattered) the Bills handled NE’s run game just fine. The Bills generated multiple, high level opportunities to win the game, against the wind, in the 4th quarter. We were better and simply blew it. It took a perfect storm (figuratively and literally) for us to lose to them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

I actually think there is a good deal of evidence to suggest the Bills can win comfortably in NE.

With the exception of one run (which certainly mattered) the Bills handled NE’s run game just fine. The Bills generated multiple, high level opportunities to win the game, against the wind, in the 4th quarter. We were better and simply blew it. It took a perfect storm (figuratively and literally) for us to lose to them. 

Yea I think the pats rushing yardage totals were more personally embarrassing than strategically relevant if that makes any sense lol they only crossed midfield three times and we had plenty of opportunities on offense to win that game 

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

and they did it without a QB....imagine that

They did it without a qb but out of personnel groupings where it wouldn’t much have mattered if they had a great qb back there…they can’t really run the same sets and threaten pass in this matchup.  So it’s not like we have to worry about the same amount of potent rushing and a high flyin passing offense in the way some people are saying.  They’ll be more balanced but not as effective running the football id assume 

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

They ended the Bills season and already won the AFC East. All without a QB. Cool story bro. 

I think you are mistaking my posts....certainly not rooting for a Patriots win.

Its just facts.....their QB might as well have been a driving cone......hopefully we can get the pats to throw the ball this game.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I think you are mistaking my posts....certainly not rooting for a Patriots win.

Its just facts.....their QB might as well have been a driving cone......hopefully we can get the pats to throw the ball this game.

Did you click on the wrong thread? This is a thread about Boston reporters saying the Patriots already won the division. 

Edited by Motorin'

33 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Confident is good, Smug jackasses are bad

Honestly, who cares?

This stuff is designed to trigger those who are easily triggered...and it looks like it did a great job of it! 

It's hilarious how psychologically damaged this fanbase is by all things "New England."

😂

• Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Honestly, who cares?

This stuff is designed to trigger those who are easily triggered...and it looks like it did a great job of it! 

It's hilarious how psychologically damaged this fanbase is by all things "New England."

😂

Enjoy your knitting party next Sunday. You don't sound very interested in playing a rival for the division title. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

I’m pretty sure belichick controls the weather 😂 cuz they almost snuck out with a win over TB due to a late game rain storm lol

57 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

If the Bills win this game it will be because they finally show up and play a complete game for 4 quarters and turn the tide in the final minutes in close one score games but to think they are going to go into Foxboro and win more than a single score is delusional at best.

I think people are still not understanding what it says about the Patriots that they were able to come into Buffalo and win with their QB throwing a few passes. If Mac Jones plays remotely competent on Sunday something to the tune of 200 yards a 2 TD's they are going to be the ones that blow the Bills of the field and win comfortably that's how big the gap truly is between these two teams (specifically the coaches).

13 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

You don't think the players cared before this popped up? Any time fuel is added to the fire can be good

Lol I feel like this is a combination of

a) these reporters being too stupid to realize we play them again and likely have the division tiebreaker locked up

and

b) reporters trying to be funny and make a reference to the movie Step Brothers in a very unfunny way lol these people are clowns maybe our team is flawed and not very good but neither is theirs haha they’re talking like they’re back to the Brady days and they are objectively nowhere near that.  Brady would’ve had this division locked up weeks ago 

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If the Bills win this game it will be because they finally show up and play a complete game for 4 quarters and turn the tide in the final minutes in close one score games but to think they are going to go into Foxboro and win more than a single score is delusional at best.

I think people are still not understanding what it says about the Patriots that they were able to come into Buffalo and win with their QB throwing a few passes. If Mac Jones plays remotely competent on Sunday something to the tune of 200 yards a 2 TD's they are going to be the ones that blow the Bills of the field and win comfortably that's how big the gap truly is between these two teams (specifically the coaches).

In my opinion you have it completely backwards…you cannot just add a passing game on top of the dominant rushing attack the pats had last matchup.  They were rolling with 6 offensive linemen and frequently kept tight ends in to block…that is not a formation that allows mac jones a lot of targets to throw to.  They were essentially running out of a goal line formation all game long and honestly weren’t tremendously successful given the circumstances.  We loaded the box and multiple players just blew the run fit on that big 75 yard run.  Pats will likely mix it up more but objectively they just won’t be as effective running the football.  Full credit for them doing enough to win last time but this notion that they will be able to run even more effectively because they can balance their offense more really isn’t true.  They also really only have one passing target worth additional attention from the defense with all the injuries they have so I really think it’s gonna be an uphill battle for the pats in this one assuming our Covid situation doesn’t spiral 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

7 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Not sure if anyone saw NBC Boston's commentary after the Monday night loss to the Patriots. 

They seem pretty confident the Pats ended the Bills season and made them eat *****... 

If we want to shut them up we need to beat them... repeatedly, for years. Not just once in a while. Players come and go but fans last forever. I don't think the players care as much as fans do.

15 minutes ago, GLP said:

If we want to shut them up we need to beat them... repeatedly, for years. Not just once in a while. Players come and go but fans last forever. I don't think the players care as much as fans do.

I mean a win this weekend and we’re 3-1 against them in the last two years…that would make their 1 win look pretty flukey too.  Hard to believe anything would shut them up anyway 😂 they will become the new 2000s bills fans who will constantly talk up their team until we beat them and then repeat the process for 15 years lol I honestly think deep down they know they’re not that great of a team right now and they’re getting their jabs in while they can.  Mac jones doesn’t seem like the guy that even the biggest pats homer in the world would want to hitch their wagon to.  If there’s any knicks fans out there mac jones kind of reminds me of Jeremy Lin-sanity where you know he’s playing over his head but it sure is a fun time haha 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

7 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Maybe this gets passed around to everyone in the locker room

New England cheats I don't think anyone should evens seriously consider anything from out of the Lowell crack pipe of the world.  

10 minutes ago, GLP said:

New England cheats, had the league handed to them, and has had it since Roger "Dodger" Goodell teamed up with his Saturday services best friend Bob Kraft.  Boston sportswriters all snort and take a hit from the same Lowell, Mass crack pipe of the world.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean a win this weekend and we’re 3-1 against them in the last two years…that would make their 1 win look pretty flukey too.  Hard to believe anything would shut them up anyway 😂 they will become the new 2000s bills fans who will constantly talk up their team until we beat them and then repeat the process for 15 years lol I honestly think deep down they know they’re not that great of a team right now and they’re getting their jabs in while they can.  Mac jones doesn’t seem like the guy that even the biggest pats homer in the world would want to hitch their wagon to.  If there’s any knicks fans out there mac jones kind of reminds me of Jeremy Lin-sanity where you know he’s playing over his head but it sure is a fun time haha 

These huge Bills vs. Patriots games are fantastic IMO.  They are the only thing approaching what I'd call a true rivalry these days.

And regardless of who wins on Sunday, don't be surprised to see the Patriots AGAIN in the first round of the playoffs.

Tons of calculators have us playing them whether we win or lose on Sunday.

A Round 1 playoff game against the Patriots would be great. 

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.