Final 3 games for all the AFC North teams

dave mcbride

Brutal for every one of them:

Cleveland: GB, Pitt, Bengals

Pittsburgh: KC, Cleveland, Baltimore

Baltimore: Cincy, LA Rams, Pitt

Cincinnati: Baltimore, KC, Cleveland

the non-divisional games for all of them involve either KC, the Rams, or GB.

It’s very hard to see how the Bills don’t make the playoffs with a 10-7 record (assuming for a second a loss to NE).

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Steelers probably lose to the Chiefs. The Browns probably lose to the Packers. A good chance the Ravens lose to the Rams and the Bengals lose to the Chiefs. Then all the teams still have to play each other. I would say 10-7 probably gets them in but right now I want the AFCE and an 11-6 record.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Since they all play each other twice, that’s 4 more losses right there.  And in their 4 non-divisionals against KC twice, the Rams, Green Bay, that’s at a minimum 2 more losses, most likely 3, and very possibly 4.  If I had to bet, I’d say Cincy 1 more loss, and the others 2 more losses each.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Brutal for every one of them:

Cleveland: GB, Pitt, Bengals

Pittsburgh: KC, Cleveland, Baltimore

Baltimore: Cincy, LA Rams, Pitt

Cincinnati: Baltimore, KC, Cleveland

the non-divisional games for all of them involve either KC, the Rams, or GB.

It’s very hard to see how the Bills don’t make the playoffs with a 10-7 record (assuming for a second a loss to NE).

even tho Bills are #7....they have something like a 80-90 percent chnace to make playoffs

If Vegas can beat Cleveland tonight we'll be in good shape. Otherwise we'll be officially out of the #7 seed and "in the hunt" this week. It still a high likelihood we get in either way, though. Beat New England this week and we've got a good shot at the #3 seed. 

1 minute ago, MPL said:

If Vegas can beat Cleveland tonight we'll be in good shape. Otherwise we'll be officially out of the #7 seed and "in the hunt" this week. It still a high likelihood we get in either way, though. Beat New England this week and we've got a good shot at the #3 seed. 

Why are you and so many people focused on this?  We are in "good shape" due to controlling the outcome.  Simply win.   That's it.   Screw the Raiders, the Browns, who cares!

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Why are you and so many people focused on this?  We are in "good shape" due to controlling the outcome.  Simply win.   That's it.   Screw the Raiders, the Browns, who cares!

Probably because we have no way to control the situation, and in an effort to reduce our anxiety about things completely out of our control we look for solace in data and hypothetical scenarios... or something. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Why are we assuming a loss against the Patriots? 

Now this sounds like drought talk. We control our own destiny to win the division.

I said “for a second.” I am not projecting a loss; I am making a point about the Bills’ mathematical chances even if they lose that game. Jeez.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I said “for a second.” I am not projecting a loss; I am making a point about the Bills’ mathematical chances even if they lose that game. Jeez.

I get it, phrasing just sounds as though you are projecting a loss so that we can sneak into the playoffs as we've done in the 20 years prior to the pre mcdermott era.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Pittsburgh blew it with the tie to the Lions and loss to Vikings a couple weeks ago. 

They should have lost to the Bears and barely beat the Ravens, Seattle, and TN. Regarding the Vikings, I think they're a slightly better team the Pitt, and especially at home. And while the Lions aren't good, they have literally lost 5 games by two points or less. They're not the worst team in the league by a long stretch. The Jets, Houston, and Jax are all worse, and I'd pick the Lions to beat the Giants and Carolina if they faced off now.  The Steelers are what their record says they are.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.