Final 3 games for all the AFC North teams

dave mcbride

The Football Outsiders playoff odds simulator has no AFC North team with over 50% odds to make the playoffs. I've never seen anything like that before, certainly not this late in the season.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/playoff-odds

The Bengals and Ravens are just about tied at 49.9% and 49.7% respectively. The Browns have a 34.0% chance and the Steelers 15.8%.

• Haha (+1) 1

We don't match up well with Pats*.  We knew they were running 2 weeks ago and still could not stop them?  What makes people think we will magically start stopping big powerful running backs?  I am hoping for a Christmas miracle and hope I am wrong, but this one is really tough for the Bills.

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

It’s very hard to see how the Bills don’t make the playoffs with a 10-7 record (assuming for a second a loss to NE).

If 3 of these 4 things happens, we get in at 10-7 (assuming Las Vegas loses 1 more game which I think is a fair assumption):

1) Pittsburgh loses 1 game.

2) Baltimore loses 2 games.

3) Cincinnati loses 2 games.

4) Cleveland loses 2 games (could have 1 of those losses tonight).

Personally I'm rooting for Cincy to go undefeated the rest of the way and the rest should take care of itself.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If 3 of these 4 things happens, we get in at 10-7 (assuming Las Vegas loses 1 more game which I think is a fair assumption):

1) Pittsburgh loses 1 game.

2) Baltimore loses 2 games.

3) Cincinnati loses 2 games.

4) Cleveland loses 2 games (could have 1 of those losses tonight).

Personally I'm rooting for Cincy to go undefeated the rest of the way and the rest should take care of itself.

I have a hard time seeing the Raiders lose tonight, but they're the Raiders.

3 minutes ago, KCNC said:

We don't match up well with Pats*.  We knew they were running 2 weeks ago and still could not stop them?  What makes people think we will magically start stopping big powerful running backs?  I am hoping for a Christmas miracle and hope I am wrong, but this one is really tough for the Bills.

Other than the one long TD run, the Bills limited them to 3.5 ypc.

The Pats also actually have a WORSE run defense than the Bills do. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, KCNC said:

We did stop them. They punted what 8 out of 11 times? I dont understand this myth that we couldn't. The single touchdown was right after Breida gifted the ball to their offense. The defense put our offense in a position to win the game and the offense fell short.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Pittsburgh blew it with the tie to the Lions and loss to Vikings a couple weeks ago. 

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They have been pretty lucky with some of their wins tho where their offense has been dreadful

I expected Pittsburgh to have an offense like one in Fixboro stadium depending on running game and defense this year.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

I think you've gotta look at Cinci as the favorite to emerge, right?

Yes I would say the Bengals are the favorite. Maybe the Ravens have a shot as well. I think the Browns are in deep trouble. They lose tonight which is very possible then they go to GB on Christmas. I can't see them winning that one. Pitt has no margin for error and they play at KC this week. The North will be between the Bengals and Ravens IMHO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.