Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Watching Saturday Night, it is clear the NEQB prefers, and relies heavily on, Hunter Henry the TE.  

Also many of very shallow crossers with yac.   The offense is a power running offense with quick shots and reliance on the TE.

49 and 58 need to step up.  

Jones is bad under pressure, as well.  He can't really move in the pocket, so it's fairly easy to sack him if you can get back there - which is the biggest challenge against that line.  The line is one of the best in the league, imo.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Success said:

Jones is bad under pressure, as well.  He can't really move in the pocket, so it's fairly easy to sack him if you can get back there - which is the biggest challenge against that line.  The line is one of the best in the league, imo.

Yo..i can't with your evaluation of this guy, It's generally so off base. He is not as mobile as other QBs obviously, but there is plenty of film where he has either moved up in the pocket or ran out of the pocket, got rid of the ball, or made the following play after throwing an Int. or sacked good. Please stop with these non factual post about the guy. This has to be how it was when Brady first started out on forums such as this.

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yo..i can't with your evaluation of this guy, It's generally so off base. He is not as mobile as other QBs obviously, but there is plenty of film where he has either moved up in the pocket or ran out of the pocket, got rid of the ball, or made the following play after throwing an Int. or sacked good. Please stop with these non factual post about the guy. This has to be how it was when Brady first started out on forums such as this.

The bolded is hilarious, and typical of what I've seen from Pats fans online.  So many are convinced he'll be as good as Brady or close to it, based on the fact that his stats are better than some of Brady's 1st year stats.

Jones is such an average prospect right now.  He gets more time than just about any QB in the NFL, and he's hyped through the roof for completing game-manager kinds of passes under almost no duress.  When he is pressured somewhat, we see what we saw on Saturday - less accuracy, crucial picks, and a QB who looked lost halfway through the game.  

Personally, I'm happy about the hype.  He'll never play well enough to match it. Could he still pan out & be a solid starter?  Of course.  But he could just as easily end up as a career backup.  He'd be floundering in NY or Jax, or almost anywhere else.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Success said:

The bolded is hilarious, and typical of what I've seen from Pats fans online.  So many are convinced he'll be as good as Brady or close to it, based on the fact that his stats are better than some of Brady's 1st year stats.

Jones is such an average prospect right now.  He gets more time than just about any QB in the NFL, and he's hyped through the roof for completing game-manager kinds of passes under almost no duress.  When he is pressured somewhat, we see what we saw on Saturday - less accuracy, crucial picks, and a QB who looked lost halfway through the game.  

Personally, I'm happy about the hype.  He'll never play well enough to match it. Could he still pan out & be a solid starter?  Of course.  But he could just as easily end up as a career backup.  He'd be floundering in NY or Jax, or almost anywhere else.

You too have no idea what that statement meant....that statement was not comparing him to tom brady...it was to say that rival fans will discredit everything about a team in their division before conceding anything in favor of that team.

POINT: when Brady was here, i am sure plenty of rival fans rather had in front of a car before coming to the realizing he was good. 

edit: I am wrong to generalize. SOME rival fans. 

7 minutes ago, driddles said:

Come on man.  When Brady started out we were on stone tablets.

That's true...time sure flies......so at bars, telephones calls, living rooms and water bubblers meetings then.

Edited by Ghost_002!

2 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

You too have no idea what that statement meant....that statement was not comparing him to tom brady...it was to say that rival fans will discredit everything about a team in their division before conceding anything in favor of that team.

POINT: when Brady was here, i am sure plenty of rival fans rather had jump in front of a car before coming to the realizing he was good. 

And what does the bolded have to do w/ Jones?

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

*face palm......*

he plays for your rival team, the team you hate most...just like when brady was here!?

You implied that Jones has been deemed "good," and we're just not acknowledging that because we're rival fans.

I think the hype on him to this point is what isn't valid, or realistic.  I think my take is unbiased, and it's actually the take that is most consistent w/ the scouting on Jones coming in.

Time's gonna tell on this one.  I know that after initially being concerned about Jones, I no longer have any worry about him at all.  I think at best that he'll be a marginal starter.  He's exactly what scouts said he was going to be.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

You implied that Jones has been deemed "good," and we're just not acknowledging that because we're rival fans.

I think the hype on him to this point is what isn't valid, or realistic.  I think my take is unbiased, and it's actually the take that is most consistent w/ the scouting on Jones coming in.

Time's gonna tell on this one.  I know that after initially being concerned about Jones, I no longer have any worry about him at all.  I think at best that he'll be a marginal starter.  He's exactly what scouts said he was going to be.

I explained what I meant and the purpose of that statement. Enjoy the rest of the thread. 

👍

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.