Thursday Night Football Game Thread : Week 15 Kansas City Chiefs at LA Chargers

HomeTeam

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think you stay aggressive against a team like the Chiefs. 

What do you mean a team like the Chiefs? In their last 5 games against teams not named the Raiders they have scored 3 points, 20 points, 13 points, 19 points, 22 points. They are not a juggernaut

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If the Chargers had elected to kick a field goal on every 4th down in this game they would have 5 more points. If they had kicked them just the 4th downs inside the 20 and still gone for 4th and 1 at the 33 they would have 9 more points. What else do you need to see to understand that over aggressiveness can be just as bad as over conservativeness? 

It’s just not how things work. Let me ask you something. If a kicker misses a kick was it a bad decision by the to coach to kick?

if your answer is no, then your logic is flawed.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

It’s not about having balls. Every game is different and every team has differences. Sometimes you go for it on 4th and sometimes you take the 3. It all depends on the game and the flow. Good coaches know it and feel it. Bad ones make the mistakes. My 2 cents. 

Well said. Could not agree with you more.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It seems like no matter how it should work (common sense wise) any time the Bills need help they get *****. Any other circumstances the chiefs win this game. We need it…now they play like *****

We, in no way, need this game.   This game likely means next to nothing to us.  

We also broke the curse with the help of the most clutch help game ever. 

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

The Chargers have consistently gone for it on 4th downs all year. I don't have the stats but I'd bet they are the top team for going for it.

Before tonight they were ranked 8th with a 4th down conversion rate of 61.9%. More specifically 13 for 21. Meh. So far after tonight they would be 15 for 26. Only one of their 4th down conversions tonight led to points. It is not good odds.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It seems like no matter how it should work (common sense wise) any time the Bills need help they get *****. Any other circumstances the chiefs win this game. We need it…now they play like *****

Nah, we'll be fine.  We will win out. Screw the Chiefs

3 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

It’s just not how things work. Let me ask you something. If a kicker misses a kick was it a bad decision by the to coach to kick?

if your answer is no, then your logic is flawed.

The Chargers are making 90% of their kicks this year. I don't have specific distance splits but I'm going to assume inside the 20 they are close to 100% like most teams. Meanwhile they are converting just 57.7% of 4th downs this year. So no the two decisions are not comparable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.