The whip saw of this week.

Bruce Smith

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Actually.....you are losing horribly.

I stated that the team should put up points - because they are biult like a dome team

You through up some sort of unrelated arguement about their record

I told you that they have lost games they should have won

They literally lost to two teams we dominated....including the Washington Football Team

It has NOTHING to do with their record my arguement never had anything to with their record stop acting like a mook

Its a problem...but we have faced teams that can get pressure this year with success.

The real question is are they dominating on their O and D lines consistantly because that is what we have extreme trouble with

Ahh.  An argument base on  transitivity.  Because we beat the shell of the Saints and the Saints beat the Bucs,  we should beat the Bucs.   Similarly,  because we beat WFT and WFT beat the Bucs,  we should beat the Bucs .    I  like it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Ahh.  An argument base on  transitivity.  Because we beat the shell of the Saints and the Saints beat the Bucs,  we should beat the Bucs.   Similarly,  because we beat WFT and WFT beat the Bucs,  we should beat the Bucs .    I  like it.

It has nothing to do with that it has to do with inferior teams beat the better team.......so lets not act like the bucs dont also have their flaws

Do I really have to spell this out for you?

1 hour ago, Bruce Smith said:

NE pounded this front due to the weather and we threw more than we could run and we lost.  With Tampa, we need to do the opposite.  We need to throw 50 times this game because we certainly cannot run on TB D.  

The staff got roasted for not running against NE and they likely heard it.  Will the criticism make them run more?  

Fact: we ran 25 times and passed 30 times vs NE.  That's 3.96 ypa and 43% of our yards on 45% of our plays, which says the running game was as productive as any play on that day.

image.thumb.png.5a6f8c7297efb093ffd4083cb3318a0c.png

Cover1 has a nice breakdown of the TD throw to Davis and explains how it was set up by the run - we sold it to NE as a run play and that opened it up.

That's the point that McDermott keeps trying to make - not that we have to "run more" than we ran against NE, but that we simply can't pass on 40 of our 53 offensive play attempts as we did vs. the Colts (11 to the backs) or worse, on 14 of 61 attempts (9 to the backs) as we did vs. the Jaguars. 

He would like the OL to be more physical, hold their blocks better and open more holes in the run game, and pass protect better.  He would like the run plays to be more effective - a few more 10 or 8 or 5 or even 3 yd runs and a few less 1 or -1 yd runs.

We aren't going to try to "run more" against TB, but if we come out and try to play a spread offense and sling it all over the field and pass 50 times, we're going to lose, because the Bucs are going to say "no need to worry about you running, eh? fine, we'll get tricksy on how we play the pass"

1 hour ago, Bruce Smith said:

Styles makes the fight.  TB is 180 degrees NE as an opponent.  We need to attack them differently.

I disagree.  Both TB and NE have a very stout DL and front 7, and sound run defense as well as excellent stats on pressuring the QB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsherd said:

This exactly what I'm thinking. Get in the playoffs and see. You could luck out playing teams that bills match up well against or bills could get hot and go on a winning streak.

To quote the late great Mickey from Rocky. " You can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets filled first" Your post is possible, but not looking likely. 

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

I'm giving your post an awesome only because of your use of the word transitivity! Great use of that term to illustrate your point. Well done!! 👍

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Should we mention that the Bucs beat the Patriots and Colts?

Washington is playing pretty well, finally, but they're not great.  So, how did they beat Tampa, and why can't we follow their method?  There's no part of Washington's team that's better than the equivalent part on the Bills.  There is no reason at all the Bills can't win.  

6 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Should we mention that the Bucs beat the Patriots and Colts?

The Bucs beat the Pats in early October, before NE started playing well.  And that was by 2 points.

The Bucs beat the Colts in a really good, tough, competitive game that was fun to watch, and that could have gone either way.  But, the Colts are the unBills.  Where we can't run, they can't pass very well.  Their offensive strength was countered by Tampa's defensive strength.  Tampa is NOT as good on pass defense as they are on run defense.

The Bills are still extremely talented.  If Josh gets time to pass, the Bills should win.

16 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

If the line can hold up.

Tampa is savage at creating pass rush/getting sacks.

I believe top 5 in both categories 

The eye test tells me both lines on both sides of the ball are just awful. We are in a lot of trouble for the rest of the season. Sux because the window is small

• Agree 1

Of course we need to throw like crazy!  Will we?  I hope so.

If these guys start going on a desperate crusade to prove we are "tough" and can "build a run game" our season is already over!

16 hours ago, Steptide said:

I definitely think we can win, but I have this in the books as a loss. This place is gonna be pretty intolerable next week. 

Disagree.  It's been hard sledding THIS week b/c almost everyone here felt we would beat the Patriots one way or the other, especially at home.  

But very few expect us to beat Tampa, and a loss there does very little to our playoff hopes at large (if people are doing their homework and know what's going on).

I think next week will be about the same or better than this week.

I've enjoyed it to be honest; so many kool aid drinkers took the entire week off this week.

It's been nice! 

17 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Weren't the Saints still reasonable talented when they faced Tampa?   I think Kamara was still there and so was Jameis?      We faced the corpse that was left after injuries.   And WFT is actually a competitive team right now.  

Kamara had 76 yards on 22 touches - they won that game by being +3 on turnover diff.  

Kamara hasn't been that great this year either.  His 3.6 YPC average is barely better than moss, who is having an absolutely terrible year.  

On 12/9/2021 at 6:37 PM, Bangarang said:

I imagine Brady will have all day to throw and our defense will get picked apart. 

Josh will literally have to do everything on his own but we still lose in a blowout. 

People get super mad at Beane for investing so many resources in a defensive line that cannot get to the QB. Another week of misery.

Ahem

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.