Brian Kelly to LSU

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Brian Kelly to LSU

Not at all surprised, I can’t stand that guy 

35 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So the man who broke Knute Rockne's all-time winning record at Notre Dame is now heading to the bayou, and Notre Dame is not doing everything they can to make him stay.

Hmmm.

Friend of mine has a family member who sits on the board at ND

He said they couldn’t/wouldn’t justify matching LSU’s offer…I’m guessing it’s huge

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not at all surprised, I can’t stand that guy 

Friend of mine has a family member who sits on the board at ND

He said they couldn’t/wouldn’t justify matching LSU’s offer…I’m guessing it’s huge

I hope the Tigers know what they're doing.

Guess I've been out of the loop cause I didn't see this coming at all.  Seems odd to do this now since Notre Dame could still make the playoffs (assuming Alabama loses and falls out, if either Michigan or OKState next up would be ND).  I guess ND and Oklahoma will be competing for the next big coaching hire.

1 minute ago, Talley56 said:

Guess I've been out of the loop cause I didn't see this coming at all.  Seems odd to do this now since Notre Dame could still make the playoffs (assuming Alabama loses and falls out, if either Michigan or OKState next up would be ND).  I guess ND and Oklahoma will be competing for the next big coaching hire.

agreed! They can very easily sneak into the playoffs still. This is bizarre timing. 

BTW, I used to be a huge Kelly fan and Tony Pike fan when they were at a cincy— I was so sure Pike would be an NFL star! 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Give me just one year at $15 mil and I’ll gladly step aside to make room for the next guy! You can fire me on the tarmac, and I will smile, shake your hand and give a big parting hug, likely with tears of joy streaming down my face. 

I’m sure recruiting has to be a piece of cake compared to ND where it’s remote and cold and they may hive slightly higher academic standards than LSU. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

They need to do something about the timing of college football coaching changes. No coach coach quits on his team  on the eve of the NCAA basketball tournament, but there is a very real chance that Luke Fickle will do just this. Brian Kelly did this to Cincinnati when he took the ND job. Just imaging an NFL coach taking another job just before their team is scheduled to play a playoff game. I’m not much of a college football fan but I do follow OSU and UC because I live in Cincinnati. I have no problem with Fickle taking that ND job, but UC should get to play their likely playoff game first.

Jim Sexton is about to be knocking on some doors in Tuscaloosa. If Kelly is worth 15 million, Saban is worth 25 million. There is no comparison between the two. None whatsoever.

Sorry, jmo.

48 minutes ago, Beast said:

Good hire by LSU. Kelly lifted that Notre Dame program. He will be able to focus more on recruiting football players now and not just student/football players.

Notre Dame recruits the same players as do the SEC schools. A friend of mine teaches high school in VA. He told me that Notre Dame was there recruiting a kid who was a great player, and also a criminal and a gang member. Notre Dame athletes all being Rhodes Scholars is a myth. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.