Why play nickel all game against that offense?

Ethan in Cleveland

"Wasn't good enough at all today, and it starts with me" is literally how MCD just opened his post-game PC.

😭

McD criticized team tackling today.  "Gotta win your 1-on-1s."

McD refusing to comment on the loss of STAR today.

"I'll only talk about the guys who are here."

Edited by Nextmanup

Because they don't trust their LB depth I think is the answer. I said all week I thought it was a game for more base personnel but once you don't have Edmunds do you have to look and say "Taron is just a much better player than Dodson or Andre Smith"? It is a tough call. 

They did try some base formation in the 2nd Qrtr but it was with Taron essentially just playing as the Will. 

Not having Edmunds hurt today and limited their flexibility. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not getting enough from AJE, Greg and Boogie.

There's no real anchor player up front.  We have no star player.  Maybe Rousseau or Boogie or AJ can develop into one, but there's no guy on the field showing them how to get it done.

5 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

There's no real anchor player up front.  We have no star player.  Maybe Rousseau or Boogie or AJ can develop into one, but there's no guy on the field showing them how to get it done.

Best post of the day!!!! And it’s looking like A.J might be a bust 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Because they don't trust their LB depth I think is the answer. I said all week I thought it was a game for more base personnel but once you don't have Edmunds do you have to look and say "Taron is just a much better player than Dodson or Andre Smith"? It is a tough call. 

They did try some base formation in the 2nd Qrtr but it was with Taron essentially just playing as the Will. 

Not having Edmunds hurt today and limited their flexibility. 

Yeah, might have seen more 3 LB sets had Edmunds been available. 

But I don't understand playing Nickel against 2 TE sets on 3rd and short and goal line.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

The Mcdermott/Frazier defense has always been soft. If you have a power running game you can slice through it like butter. The Titans and Colts just dominated the Bills. The Patriots will likely do the same. If we meet Cleveland in the playoffs they will do the same. It has been a problem for years.

Edited by Evian
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

You know? That's not a bad idea. We have the personnel for that. 

4 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Why not got 5-2-4 in this package and put some size on the field. The only true threat was Taylor and we should have been stout up front to stop him.

I think we need to go 5-3-4!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TampaBillsJunkie said:

We are supposed to be so deep on the line. Why not use it. They might pop a few big plays here and there, but this would limit those 10 yd runs he kept gouging us with and the Colts don't have the horses at WR or TE

Couldn't agree more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

Why not got 5-2-4 in this package and put some size on the field. The only true threat was Taylor and we should have been stout up front to stop him.

They did some of that last year as an adjustment in San Fran after their first drive. Played Edmunds on the edge and went to a tight bear front. I do think Tremaine being down was huge today. Not saying it is the difference between a win or a loss but it mattered.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.