AFC Playoff Picture: Buffalo Bills rooting interests for Week 11

SlimShady'sSpaceForce

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/11/18/22790294/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-for-week-11

How wrong this is. But the point here … 

The Buffalo Bills (-7) can end the week where they started it — in second place in the AFC — or they can fall all the way out of playoff position. That’s the razor’s edge on which they sit in the AFC.

who’s gonna help or hinder 

step aside mr obvious

Houston Texans (1-8) over Tennessee Titans (8-2)

😂 uh no Chicago Bears over Baltimore Ravens (6-3)

Dallas Cowboys over Kansas City Chiefs (6-4)

Los Angeles Chargers (5-4) over Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3-1) — The Steelers have a better record than the Chargers and they have a tiebreaker over Buffalo. 

Detroit Lions over Cleveland Browns (5-5) 😮 Lions first W?

Cincinnati Bengals (5-4) over Las Vegas Raiders (5-4)
At min the Bills get one of these teams to five losses. the Bengals have a worse AFC record

Do we really care if they list NFC  ? 

Houston Texans (1-8) over Tennessee Titans (8-2) ….. Nope

Chicago Bears over Baltimore Ravens (6-3) ….. Nope

(One of the above will be this week’s wild upset. Bears more likely)

Dallas Cowboys over Kansas City Chiefs (6-4) ….. Yes

Los Angeles Chargers (5-4) over Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3-1) ….. Yes. Steelers will fade

Detroit Lions over Cleveland Browns (5-5) ….. QB out, Nope

Cincinnati Bengals (5-4) over Las Vegas Raiders (5-4) …. Yes, but a toss-up

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/11/18/22790294/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-for-week-11

How wrong this is. But the point here … 

who’s gonna help or hinder 

step aside mr obvious

Houston Texans (1-8) over Tennessee Titans (8-2)

😂 uh no Chicago Bears over Baltimore Ravens (6-3)

Dallas Cowboys over Kansas City Chiefs (6-4)

Los Angeles Chargers (5-4) over Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3-1) — The Steelers have a better record than the Chargers and they have a tiebreaker over Buffalo. 

Detroit Lions over Cleveland Browns (5-5) 😮 Lions first W?

Cincinnati Bengals (5-4) over Las Vegas Raiders (5-4)
At min the Bills get one of these teams to five losses. the Bengals have a worse AFC record

Do we really care if they list NFC  ? 

Titans have a maximum of 2 more losses. The game that confused me is the the following game against the Patriots. Who do we root for? If they beat the Pats and we win, it puts us a game ahead in the division. It Pats win then it gets us a game closer to the #1 spot.

This is an absolutely crazy season. 

I figured we'd be in better shape at this point of the season.

The team hasn't left a lot of room for a margin of error.  We all hope that Jags debacle won't come back to haunt them.  Good & great teams are allowed a mulligan, but that was a biggie.  

We've basically lost all 3 "had a chance in the last couple of minutes" games we've had. Those are our 3 losses. The rest of the games were all fairly easy wins (Miami #2 was closer until the end).  We're going to have more close games in the next 2 months, and it's gonna be crucial that we win those & balance out the "close game" record more.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Titans have a maximum of 2 more losses. The game that confused me is the the following game against the Patriots. Who do we root for? If they beat the Pats and we win, it puts us a game ahead in the division. It Pats win then it gets us a game closer to the #1 spot.

IMO always think division first and seeds later.  The seeding will play out how it plays out.  If you dont win the division in this close of a field you might not make the playoffs at all.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

IMO always think division first and seeds later.  The seeding will play out how it plays out.  If you dont win the division in this close of a field you might not make the playoffs at all.

Good point. A wildcard spot would probably still be on the table as well even they don't get the division title. We'd have drop down 6 seeds in order to be eliminated and I don't see that happening. 

7 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Good point. A wildcard spot would probably still be on the table as well even they don't get the division title. We'd have drop down 6 seeds in order to be eliminated and I don't see that happening. 

Yes a wildcard is in play but there are a lot of teams close.  Some of who would hold tie breakers against us.  For instance Pittsburg if it came to that.  What if we lose the Colts game?  Margin for error is very small this year.  At least it currently is.  I would hope we win the division and not have to worry about it.  I think the 1 seed is too far gone to worry about that seed.  Tenn would have to collapse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/19/2021 at 3:12 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I always root for the Pats to lose regardless of the circumstances.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

Yes…always.  Honestly I might hate the Pats more than I love the Bills.  So used to the decades of spending most of the season / post season rooting for a Patriots loss.  

You must be a younger fan such as myself. We hate the Pats more than the Dolphins. And the Jets havent been a threat since the 60s. 

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

I'm going to be anti Bills and just focus on winning the division for now. We can talk about home field once that is clear. 

Yeah. All in all, the more I think about it...win the division. Everything falls into place as it should. 

I'm unusually excited for this Colts game and I can't sleep. I wanna see where we stand against a decent team...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.