Everything is perfectly fine with the Raiders. Nothing to see here. These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.

dollars 2 donuts

At the risk of a serious comment here, I was in Vegas prepandemic, and had a long talk w an ex NFL player who was working there.  His fear was none of the items discussed here.  He was afraid that the Raiders fan base would follow them from Oakland or whereever, and bring a wave of Thugs into Vegas.  That would ,in his opinion, keep the legit non thug customers of Vegas away....and hurt the overall appeal of the city to visitors.  I haven't heard about that effect, but, who knows what is going on "on the ground" out there.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

At the risk of a serious comment here, I was in Vegas prepandemic, and had a long talk w an ex NFL player who was working there.  His fear was none of the items discussed here.  He was afraid that the Raiders fan base would follow them from Oakland or whereever, and bring a wave of Thugs into Vegas.  That would ,in his opinion, keep the legit non thug customers of Vegas away....and hurt the overall appeal of the city to visitors.  I haven't heard about that effect, but, who knows what is going on "on the ground" out there.

we must be wary of thugs

10 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Remember when Vegas used to handle out-of-town thugs?

Edited by Ralonzo
Yeah, yeah... they're all out-of-town thugs, it's a desert

5 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

My family visited Vegas for the first time this past summer.  It was more or less what I expected but wouldn't have a problem returning.  Listening to people that have gone there pre- and post-pandemic, it's changed a lot, for the worse.  But again, that's like the effect of the pandemic more than the Raiders.

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

I lived in San Diego for quite a while, met a customer who was a huge Raiders fan, over 50 how he felt about Raiders moving to Vegas. He couldn't be happier he said. Surprised me, it would be like Bills fan saying they were happy Buffalo going to Toronto kind of. I asked why,  he said it was just a 2 hour flight and he wouldn't have to deal with the cretins as he said and a crappy stadium. Well they have a new stadium, but apparently the cretins followed. 

12 hours ago, Special K said:

Leagues didn't want to put a team in Vegas because of the gambling aspect , but I always thought the type of stuff that has happened this week would be more problematic for a team in Vegas. 

So nice and honorable of the league to keep a firm line between them and Vegas! Wouldn’t want anyone to ever suspect there is something illicit going on. 

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Who would have guessed that it was Nate Peterman keeping the players in line...

In morals and ethics he doesn’t lack

For spiritual guidance, he’s got your back

He’ll give you a clean slate

He’s an upstanding team mate

If only he could righteously play quarterback

Peterman

burma-shave-1-stephen-stookey.thumb.jpg.e6de2a0d496b64c0640ce23b2900fd17.jpg.b271908dc50a3d5c7b80ff6d783a373c.jpg.855f5c099aca23b4859891311d99452b.jpg.eb98b27749bc2bb5bd9db8363c95fade.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

In morals and ethics he doesn’t lack

For spiritual guidance, he’s got your back

He’ll give you a clean slate

He’s an upstanding team mate

If only he could righteously play quarterback

Peterman

burma-shave-1-stephen-stookey.thumb.jpg.e6de2a0d496b64c0640ce23b2900fd17.jpg.b271908dc50a3d5c7b80ff6d783a373c.jpg.855f5c099aca23b4859891311d99452b.jpg.eb98b27749bc2bb5bd9db8363c95fade.jpg

Amen. 😇

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.