Tricks and Treats: Halloween Phins at Bills, Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

4 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Let's be honest, we love it because he's ours - if that was an opposition QB doing that to us we'd be loathing him.

Fair pointo, but I'd let it slide. Not too egregious in context.

If, however, he ever uses the "feed me" or the "shoosh" gestures--popular, but I personally hate them--then I am done, DONE w JA17.

/mostly s

55 minutes ago, wjag said:

Crazy day in the NFL:

Jets beat the Bengals

Steelers beat the Browns

Patriots beat the Chargers

Colts almost beat the Titans 

and the cherry on top of the cake was

Tom Brady throws a pick six to lose the game...

I am happy with the Bills win. It wasn't pretty or perfect but the win is the bottom line. I expected the Bills to win but I'm not surprised it wasn't easy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I couldn't help but watch the game and say Tua was a big time draft pick error by the Dolphins. He is very average and nothing screams elite or franchise. He looks to be a serviceable backup slash system QB. His arm strength is well below average. Geoff 2.0. Maybe, im just spoiled by Allen's talent...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Seemed like they needed time to adjust to not having dawson knox

Maybe missing Spencer Brown hurt more than expected, being now they needed to subpar guards in the game. Morse can help them both every play. Feliciano got destroyed all day.

I went to the game.  Long day, started tailgating at 9:00.  Was out in the drizzle for hours.  

The first half was not good for the offense.   The guards are really not playing very good right now.   Lots of shuffling of personal led to missed assignments.   I had the binoculars on them a lot.   The second half Allen showed why he is a franchise QB.  The defense was good. 

This game was a testament that every game in the NFL is hard.  The Jets beat the Bengals. The Steelers beat the Browns.  The Pats* beat the Chargers.  The Saints beat the Bucs.  

I am pleased we were able to right the ship and get the W. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

The classy guys at Finheaven are currently wishing for a career ending injury to Josh Allen so they must be particularly pissed this week.

Seriously, I've never seen so many messages wishing for a serious injury on another player, not even Brady which is pretty amazing.

I have a word for it DISGUSTING....actually lions dont concern themselves with the opinions of sheep errrrr fish fans LOL Pathetic is another apt word though. The underbelly of the internet rears its ugly anonymous cowardly head

Edited by Muppy

13 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

the-dark-knight-joker.gif

I can go on with jokes like that for hours tonight

What do you call a bear with no teeth?***

9 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I went to the game.  Long day, started tailing at 9:00.  Was out in the drizzle for hours.  

The first half was not good for the offense.   The guards are really not playing very good right now.   Lots of shuffling of personal led to missed assignments.   I had the binoculars on them a lot.   The second half Allen showed why he is a franchise QB.  The defense was good. 

This game was a testament that every game in the NFL is hard.  The Jets beat the Bengals. The Steelers beat the Browns.  The Pats* beat the Chargers.  The Saints beat the Bucs.  

I am pleased we were able to right the ship and get the W. 

Could you tell if the guard problem was more on the L or the R side?

*** a Gummy Bear

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can go on with jokes like that for hours tonight

What do you call a bear with no teeth?***

Could you tell if the guard problem was more on the L or the R side?

*** a Gummy Bear

I was trying to watch everything on the field.   After getting the formation and coverage I put my binoculars on RG-C-LG to start the play.   From what I saw Feliciano had a worse game than Boettger.   

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Funny moment in McDermott’s postgame presser

About 5:50 in, reporter mentions Josh spoke of “finding his Inner Zen” and….McDermott interrupts and said “Josh called it finding his Inner Zen?” “Yeah”

McDermott just cracked a big disbelieving grin that drew a laugh from the room

https://youtu.be/LKrCiOTU-As

• Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Funny moment in McDermott’s postgame presser

About 5:50 in, reporter mentions Josh spoke of “finding his Inner Zen” and….McDermott interrupts and said “Josh called it finding his Inner Zen?” “Yeah”

McDermott just cracked a big disbelieving grin that drew a laugh from the room

https://youtu.be/LKrCiOTU-As

Sounds like Josh is going get some ribbing over using his California words like zen.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The conclusion I drew is that “Josh” and “Zen” don’t go together in McDermott’s mind.

Sort of like talking about a “Vegan Tiger” or a “gentle Cage Fight” or something like that

That sounds true, seems like he tries to keep his cool but I'm not sure he's ever actually succeeded.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.