Members of Congress fear Gruden’s emails are the tip of the iceberg.

BuffaloBills1998

I'm not sure Gruden has to. The vultures are swarming without his help. If the NFL knows there are many more emails like this or however you want to say it, their best move is to admit it and do whatever behind closed doors to get Snyder to sell the team.

I don't see it going well for the NFL if they dig in defiantly, which I don't see btw.

Let's not be naive about it, there is no telling how many owners/coaches are tied up in this thing on various teams. Even if you didn't say anything, but also didn't report what you seen in an email, it could get rough for you.

The NFL fears their monopoly will be revoked more than anything else, and the owners will spend billions to preserve it. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I'm not sure Gruden has to. The vultures are swarming without his help. If the NFL knows there are many more emails like this or however you want to say it, their best move is to admit it and do whatever behind closed doors to get Snyder to sell the team.

I don't see it going well for the NFL if they dig in defiantly, which I don't see btw.

Let's not be naive about it, there is no telling how many owners/coaches are tied up in this thing on various teams. Even if you didn't say anything, but also didn't report what you seen in an email, it could get rough for you.

I'd say the NFL would sacrifice Snyder in a heartbeat, I think the question may be if he has dirt on other organizations that makes it hard for them to do it.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'd say the NFL would sacrifice Snyder in a heartbeat, I think the question may be if he has dirt on other organizations that makes it hard for them to do it.

I definitely think he does. Actually I'd be willing to bet any owner that has been around for a minute has dirt on others.

The NFL wants Snyder gone regardless, they basically have to make a sweetheart deal to him so he sells it and walks away with burning the building on the way out.

IMO of course. 

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He most likely does, I’m sure most of the dirt is on Goodell. I doubt the NFL forces Snyder to sell his team, they know that Snyder has them by the balls and Snyder definitely looks like the type that would get a kick out of giving the NFL a major black eye that they may never recover from. The classic case of, if I go down then I’m taking you all with me.

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What is there to fear exactly?

Whatever corruption that’s going on and whatever Jon knows. If Jon knows info that can put the NFL in a lot of trouble then that’s a pretty good cause to fear/worry

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Constant protection from any and all forms of competition, and cost savings,  ie; government cooperation in stadium building etc, this alone reflects billions of dollars…, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Gotta think there are more than a few mails between owners about Kaepernick that the NFL would not like to see the light of day.

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Constant protection from any and all forms of competition, and cost savings,  ie; government cooperation in stadium building etc, this alone reflects billions of dollars…, 

This isn't the 80's anymore. No league like the USFL can compete with the NFL today.  Owners will always get stadium funding too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

The NFL fears their monopoly will be revoked more than anything else, and the owners will spend billions to preserve it. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

This.  As the article points out "The Washington Football Team and the NFL enjoy special privileges under our antitrust laws,” Krishnamoorthi told Keim. “We thought it was important to get to the bottom of what’s going on in the NFL, in regards to the Washington Football Team in the way they handled their employees."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.