Josh Allen 2022 season verdict... OC & DC let him down: 64.5% comp %, 51 TDs, 18 TOs, 97.9 Passer Rating, 313 YPG (offseason assessments page 46 on)

transplantbillsfan

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I guess you have to be a subscriber to view the stats on that site?  Idk.  

Good points.  I still don’t think their running game has anything to do with him being the best player this season and winning mvp.  Imo, Rodgers has had a much greater impact on their run game than vice versa.  Similar to Josh having a similar impact on our run game.  Motors YPC is greater than Jones and Dillon.  Not because of our OL.  Not because he’s better than the Packers RB.  But because the opponents worry about josh, similar to ARs opponents worry about him. 

I’ve spent too much time here and our points are understood. Happy New Years brother 

Happy New Year NewEra!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think @ KC (and they still moved the ball in that game, finishing was an issue) is a tough game to use to prove the concept personally. 

To me most valuable should not always just mean "best" although I understand that often it does. 

If you're going by "best" player than you'd see more positions get it than QB.  Aaron Donald would have multiple MVP's.  McCaffrey maybe wins two years ago.  The voters make the assumption that quarterback is the most important position and therefore the most valuable.  I really can't argue with that.

Assuming they only look at QB's, I'd like to hear how those who vote for the MVP approach it.  My guess is they just look at the quarterbacks and go by stats, wins, consistency, the talent (or lack there of) of their supporting cast, and how much of a drop off the team would have if they had to play an average NFL backup.  I'd give three of those five to Rodgers (stats, wins, consistency and two to Allen (drop off, worse supporting cast).  It's pry even more complicated than that but that's how I'd vote.  Then you also have personal biases among the voters and maybe they give an edge to older players if it's close who are more impressed with their whole body of work.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Doc said:

While Rodgers' running game isn't what it was last year, that doesn't mean that teams are any less concerned with it.  Does the Bills' running game strike fear into anyone?

It scared me in more than a few games this season.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Had to bump but after Allen's lackluster game today with his 3 picks I think that ends the MVP discussion. IMO as long as he isn't seriously injured I think the MVP has go to Burrow. 

You seem a little happy about that.  Almost as if you are smiling inside.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Disagree. Burrow has been lights out most of the season. 

For a guy that is "out of the discussion". Josh Allen has pretty similar stats to a guy "that has been lights out all season."

I think Josh pretty much has no chance at this point though.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

For a guy that is "out of the discussion". Josh Allen has pretty similar stats to a guy "that has been lights out all season."

People just parrot what the media says. No opinions of their own. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He doesn't have pretty much no chance, he has absolutely no chance. Does he still have a chance of getting some votes? Sure. Enough to be the MVP? Not a prayer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It’s not just a stats argument so that makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He doesn't have pretty much no chance, he has absolutely no chance. Does he still have a chance of getting some votes? Sure. Enough to be the MVP? Not a prayer.

Thats pretty much what I meant.  I almost never give anything zero chance though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.