Kumerow playing time

Toledo Bill

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s just a game specific matchup thing.  Nothing to do with Beasley.  Just like a couple of weeks ago Beasely’s number was called and had 11 targets.  Just think of the opposing defenses strengths and what pegs do we put into counter.

This is going to happen all year.  Enjoy it.  It means we are freakin deep in WR, D Line, amd Secondary vs. LB.  There will be inevitably different formations every week to beat each team.  We’re just not used to having this deep of a team.  He’ll, we were lucky in the drought to find 22 starters.

Daboll must be in his OC heaven this season.

agreed Kelly  :)

and yes ! Enjoy It 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Someone can correct me but I believe Beasley still had the 3rd most snap count for receivers. 

That may be true but his numbers have been down the last two weeks.  He was seen upset that he was not going in on a key third down.   I tend to think this is more than just gameplan specific.  

2 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

Amazing that opposing defenses still can’t stop it.

I mean...I wouldn't say that's necessarily the case. I guess it depends on the definition of "stop".

I'm not sure how/where to find the stats for rushing yards gained when Kumerow is in the game specifically, but I'm not so sure the Bills offense is regularly ripping of big chunk plays when Kumerow is in the lineup.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except I believe Kumerow was in the game on the Sanders TD pass, so....

Jake will get his turn .
 Nice to watch Allen seeing the field and even checking down more. 

every Dawg will have his day this season i hope.

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wait until they use the Tendency Breaker when needed. They obviously are setting it up. 

pray do tell.................tendency breaker huh......Fill me in thanks. You think that's an actual part of Bills braintrust strategy?

Just now, Muppy said:

pray do tell.................tendency breaker huh......Fill me in thanks. You think that's an actual part of Bills braintrust strategy?

Oh, yeah, Daboll definitely uses personnel groupings early in the game to set up plays later in the game and personnel groupings/plays/playcalling tendencies in one game to set up the next game.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, yeah, Daboll definitely uses personnel groupings early in the game to set up plays later in the game and personnel groupings/plays/playcalling tendencies in one game to set up the next game.

the part that confused me though were the pairings and predictability factor. Regarding Logics' post if we fans can see these tendencies, Coaches can too..then the bills use the same pairings for different plays..that makes sense..Gabe Davis FTW Flea Flicker BOOM

haha

the OC and DC brought their A games, as needed.  It looks like Kumerow was in on running plays to block, which he was, then boom, pass for a TD to Sanders.  I imagine we will see more "heavy WR" (if you want to call it that) sets with Kumerow where the D will have no idea what's coming.  

53 minutes ago, Logic said:

I kind of hate that when Kumerow comes on the field, it means run play 99% of the time.

I've seen it again and again this year: Diggs and Sanders come off the field, Kumerow and Davis enter the game. Bills run the ball.

If I, a dumb commoner in the stands, know that it's a run play, the opposing defense DAMNED SURE knows its a run play. Now sure, maybe they're intentionally putting it on film a bunch to set up play-action off of it down the line, but....still. If you're an opposing DC and you see Diggs come off the field and Kumerow come into the game, sell the farm to stop the run.

But didn’t they use it later in the game with Kumerow and Sanders and pass from it?

• Agree 1

Another thing to remember is that Cole Beasly is long in the tooth and was pretty broken down by the end of last year.  Less wear and tear means better legs in the playoffs.  He is one of the players who usually gets a "veteran rest day" on Tuesday or Wednesday before a game.////  In addition, Allen gets more reps with Kumero in real game situations.

1 hour ago, Toledo Bill said:

I noticed Kumerow was in on several offensive plays. I wonder if he was taking playing time from Beasley.

Anybody have any insught?

Yeah noticed that also. I notice at the beginning of the game they went with a big package of Kumerow, Davis, Knox and  Giuliam. Love it. Hope we see a little more of that. 

Kind of funny a week ago, read how McKenzie's snaps were going down, some speculation that once Stevenson is healthy they'd activate him as the return guy and maybe let McKenzie go.  Against KC McKenzie also appeared to have played alot of snaps too.  As was stated, depending on situation, coverage, and opponent; things will change from week to week, drive to drive, and play to play

28 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

But didn’t they use it later in the game with Kumerow and Sanders and pass from it?

I watched back through the highlights and yes, it appears they did.

This is why I'm just an idiot on a message board and not an NFL analyst. 😆

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 1

While Cole's playing time is way down from week 1, I dont think its a Kumerow thing.   I think its more of a two tight end thing.   Beasley, Davis, and Mckenzie's playing time are all down from Week 1.  Although Kumerow has seen a bit of an uptick, Sweeney's playing time was up 15% vs the Chiefs and 28% vs the Texans.

FWIW McDermott had this to say about Beasley's snap count, as quoted by Jay Skurski in TBN:

Cole Beasley played just 22 snaps Sunday night for the Buffalo Bills against the Kansas City Chiefs.

The total was the receiver’s second lowest in three seasons with the team, trailing only the 18 snaps he played in a Week 4 win over the Raiders during the 2020 season. Beasley was targeted just twice in the 38-20 victory at Arrowhead Stadium, finishing with one catch for 5 yards.

"Just game-plan related more than anything," Bills coach Sean McDermott said of Beasley's work load. "We've got a lot of confidence in Cole across the building here. So really appreciate the way he's handled that. I mean, it's not easy when you go a week or two with not getting the ball a lot, but it says a lot about who he is and his unselfish nature."

So according to McD, Nothing to See Here, Move Along

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.