Russell Wilson out 6-8 weeks, GeNO time

YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I didn't even realize Geno Smith was still in the league wow.  I thought EJ was pretty bad but thought he was better than Geno.

A Super Bowl contender should not trade their backup QB when he doesn't stink.  If Josh ever goes down Mitch can keep us in it.  A guy like Geno Smith is likely not.

JA goes down for 6-8 weeks, Mitch isn't keeping the Bills in it.

• Disagree 4

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah he very well could. If he could lead the team to 4-4 during that 8 weeks Bills would absolutely still be in it easily. Especially considering the schedule

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

30 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah he very well could. If he could lead the team to 4-4 during that 8 weeks Bills would absolutely still be in it easily. Especially considering the schedule

File this under "I guess anything's possible..."

46 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Have you seen our schedule?

Mac Jones x2

Zac Wilson x2

Trevor Lawrence

Tua /  Brissett

Those are just the QB's Mitch is most certainly better than at this stage. Then you got some not so great looking teams like the Falcons, Saints and Colts. 

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Are you thinking of somebody else?  I haven't been too controversial here.  I also don't think I am too much of an idiot.

I did have a conversation with you about our run game but other than that, I can't think of anything.

He’s likely thinking about ScottLaw…, 😁

• Haha (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If he could keep the Bears in it with that dumpster fire of an organization. He could keep the Bills in it. 

Looking at how that team is run is an absolute testament to Mitch being better than most want to give him credit for. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

If he could keep the Bears in it with that dumpster fire of an organization. He could keep the Bills in it. 

Looking at how that team is run is an absolute testament to Mitch being better than most want to give him credit for. 

He kept them in it for 1 year.  

I think he's a decent backup.  But him in there for 8 weeks and they go 4-4 (as above) then they are, at best, 12-5 and possibly a wild card team.  That's a huge impact.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think he's a decent backup.  But him in there for 8 weeks and they go 4-4 (as above) then they are, at best, 12-5 and possibly a wild card team.  That's a huge impact

Maybe, depending on records of other AFC teams. Even if this scenario did happen and ended up a wild card, that just means they will still be "in it".

• Like (+1) 1

Fun fact: Geno will be the first QB besides Wilson to start a game for the Seahawks since 2012. Wilson had a streak of 149 consecutive starts. This falls short of 2017 when Geno was the first QB besides Eli Manning to start a game for the Giants since 2004. Eli had a streak of 210 consecutive starts at the time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Disagree. I think he could win at least half the games if not more. Tribuski has had good seasons already and has taken Chicago to the playoffs. He might not be a top ten qb but he is a starter in this league. 

Geno looked much better than I would have ever guessed when he came into the game.  That being said, it’s a lot easier as a backup to have a spark in a game then it is to start a game where you gotta play well for 60 min against a team whose game planned for you.  

So will be interesting to see how he does, my expectations are low.  But I’ll give him credit for providing a spark and looking pretty good last game coming in for Russel.  They moved the ball better with Geno then they did with Wilson.  But I don’t expect that trend to continue.  

So IMO, I think it’s safe to say the playoff ship has sailed for the Seahawks this year given the strength of their division and no Russ for 6-8 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.