Mayfield; partially torn labrum in non-throwing arm, {Thread from October - 2021}

Inigo Montoya

I’ve had 2 torn Labrums surgically fixed, and currently have another. If it were in his throwing shoulder, that would explain it. He wouldn’t be able to throw without severe issues.

If it’s in his non throwing shoulder, the left side won’t impact his play, especially with a cortisone injection which WORKS killing any pain. 

Edited by george c

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought when Josh had some kind of injury and was visibly wearing a linebacker brace he just sucked or was regressing.

I was going to post this same exact thing, word for word lol. Was 1st thing popped in my mind

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought when Josh had some kind of injury and was visibly wearing a linebacker brace he just sucked or was regressing.

It was early in the season, so if we're being honest, people didn't think he was "regressing" so much as reverting back to his norm. 

19 hours ago, hjnick said:

Sounds like an excuse to me… he’s coming into a contract year.  BIG payday he wants.

I bet there is a shot they could give that would last for a couple of hours for the game…

Well, Baker wasn't the one talking about it.  No excuses from him.  The thing is, it didn't noticeably affect his throwing in the Bears game but he was missing more badly than I've ever seen him last week.  And I live in Cleveland, so I see a lot of Browns games.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

They are but the injuries need to be material so if a team wants to hide a "reasonable minor injury " they can do it.  Did we ever report J Allen last year when he was hurt at the start of the season? Teams would rather not report some injuries, just give the opposition a reason to target the injury.

Oh and keep the gambles guessing.

Josh Allen was hurt at the start of the season?

If you're talking about the Game 4 injury he sustained, he was on the injury report for the next 3-4 weeks as "Shoulder"

• 1 year later...
On 10/7/2021 at 12:40 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/teams/cle/cleveland-browns

Apparently it is affecting his throwing motion and impacting his accuracy...

"NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Browns QB Baker Mayfield suffered a partially torn labrum in his left shoulder in Week 2 against the Texans.

The good news is it's in his non-throwing shoulder. The bad news is that it explains why Mayfield has played so poorly the past two weeks, completing 53.1% of his passes for 6.2 yards per attempt while missing wide open receivers streaking across the field. Mayfield reportedly doesn't need surgery and will continue playing through the ailment, which could be spun as detrimental to the team rather than heroic. Case Keenum will undoubtedly come off the bench if Mayfield continues to struggle."

I think this might still be bothering him.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 10/8/2021 at 11:15 AM, george c said:

I’ve had 2 torn Labrums surgically fixed, and currently have another. If it were in his throwing shoulder, that would explain it. He wouldn’t be able to throw without severe issues.

If it’s in his non throwing shoulder, the left side won’t impact his play, especially with a cortisone injection which WORKS killing any pain. 

Yes, but you're an accountant...🤔😉😁

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Mayfield is always hurt it seems.  

Mostly:

🎶 Feelings...

Nothing more than feelings...🎵

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Yes, but you're an accountant...🤔😉😁

Mostly:

🎶 Feelings...

Nothing more than feelings...🎵

Don't tell Skip Bayless...it will be another excuse in a long line of excuses he'll use in his insistence Baker Mayfield is still a franchise QB argument just nobody sees it or he has been in terrible situations or injured.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Don't tell Skip Bayless...it will be another excuse in a long line of excuses he'll use in his insistence Baker Mayfield is still a franchise QB argument just nobody sees it or he has been in terrible situations or injured.

For a pro athlete:

Best ability?

Availability.

• Simon changed the title to Mayfield; partially torn labrum in non-throwing arm, {Thread from October - 2021}
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.