2021 MLB Playoffs

Mark Vader

On 10/24/2021 at 3:42 AM, GETTOTHE50 said:

Called it earlier on in the thread. Not surprised my braves made it to the show. They are gonna take it to the trash can bashin stros 

As a Mets fan, it's not easy to root for the Braves.  But since they're playing the wired midget and all of his cheating friends, I am ALL IN on Atlanta.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Speculation is that the NL will be adopting the DH. These may be the last three games with a pitcher in the staring lineup in MLB.

I think it’s a stupid idea. But the league wants more offense like every other sport. I like seeing the pitcher getting a chance to get on base. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I think it’s a stupid idea. But the league wants more offense like every other sport. I like seeing the pitcher getting a chance to get on base. 

The NL has much more strategy. It's a different game when you have to decide whether to burn a pitcher for a pinch hitter in a particular spot. But the game is changing anyway, bullpen games and the like. Some folks seem to think you've got to have both leagues playing by the same rules. Why? I rather like the World Series with the DH in some games and not others.

Oh, and go Braves.

48 minutes ago, Rico said:

So a team with 88 wins in the regular season, the 5th best team in the NL, is 1 game away from winning the WS? :thumbdown: MLB playoff system is a joke.

Agreed.  The 2 best teams in all of baseball had to beat the crap out of their rosters trying to win a division, meanwhile we get stuck with .500 vs. cheating bastages as a WS. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/26/2021 at 7:17 PM, Bray Wyatt said:

Bought my ticket for game 4 in Atlanta, can’t wait to watch a World Series game live! (Will be down in the battery to watch game 3)

What a great game to see.

8 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Agreed.  The 2 best teams in all of baseball had to beat the crap out of their rosters trying to win a division, meanwhile we get stuck with .500 vs. cheating bastages as a WS. 

Too damn bad. The Braves' record after the All-Star break is very good. They're not a mediocre team.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rockpile233 said:

Really? Griping about regular season records?

Braves fought through adversity all year, overcame injuries, had a great record down the stretch, and have had their bullpen dominate the postseason. They will deserve the championship when they win. 

Our friends/neighbors have season tix we have enjoyed at times. GREAT seats, second level in that front row where wheelchairs go and you have moveable seats. Still under cover in case of rain/mist. 

Anyway, saw them while walking the dogs a few hours ago. It’s so packed OUTSIDE the stadium (The Battery is awesome, btw with all the bars, restaurants and open spaces) it took them 1.5 hours to get home last night, and we live 3 miles away. 

After that grand slam, they may as well plan on spending the night if this holds up. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.