The state contracts two firms for New Bills Stadium

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't be shocked if a shared Bills/UB stadium in Amherst re-emerges as an option. UB's stadium is obsolete. NYS could take care of both. Also don't be shocked if they propose a dome

I like your optimism 

But something tells me pegula is not down to move to UB campus..  and UB not willing to go to orchard Park 

I would think a billionaire NFL owner would want his own identity 

But I can see him being enticed if they say they will pay for the majority

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I like your optimism 

But something tells me pegula is not down to move to Amherst.. UB not willing to go to orchard Park 

I don't think they're going to get past that

Please don't take offense.....but what's the 'something' that tells you this. UB would not be moving to OP.  Why would Terry and Kim care if the State pays them to play in Amherst on Sunday afternoons?  This wouldn't change where the Bills training facility or offices are.  The new Rams/Chargers Stadium is nowhere near where either of the team's practice facilities are located.

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Please don't take offense.....but what's the 'something' that tells you this. UB would not be moving to OP.  Why would Terry and Kim care if the State pays them to play in Amherst on Sunday afternoons?  This wouldn't change where the Bills training facility or offices are.  The new Rams/Chargers Stadium is nowhere near where either of the team's practice facilities are located.

I just don't think he wants it on a college campus if he has a choice... He's an NFL franchise.. I would think he wants his own identity 

The town of Amherst isn't the problem

The new facilities he built , might be a reason he wants to stay in orchard Park also 

If the rumors were that he asked UB to go to their campus and build the stadium I would think it'd have a lot of merit.. but he asked them to come to him supposedly 

I think it's safe to say that nobody has a clue how the stadium negotiations are going

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I just don't think he wants it on a college campus... He's an NFL franchise.. I would think he wants his own identity

The new facilities he built , might be a reason he wants to stay in orchard Park also 

If the rumors were that he asked UB to go to their campus and build the stadium I would think it'd have a lot of merit.. but he asked them to come to him

That might be a valid point, but I somehow don't see Terry and Kim as glamor owners. I see them as practical business people in a practical town. So....if the Governor says she'll pay for half the cost so long as it's on the UB Campus, I really can't see the Pegulas saying no.  It would have almost no impact on the day to day operations of the Buffalo Bills.  And, if the Pegulas want to negotiate some naming rights to the new Amherst stadium....I have a hard time believing that the Governor would stop them. It's called a win/win.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

That might be a valid point, but I somehow don't see Terry and Kim as glamor owners. I see them as practical business people in a practical town. So....if the Governor says she'll pay for half the cost so long as it's on the UB Campus, I really can't see the Pegulas saying no.  It would have almost no impact on the day to day operations of the Buffalo Bills.  And, if the Pegulas want to negotiate some naming rights to the new Amherst stadium....I have a hard time believing that the Governor would stop them. It's called a win/win.

That's also a valid point 

Listen I've been a season ticket holder at the University at Buffalo since it's returned to D1... I'm Buffalo through and through 

And nothing would make me happier than seeing the bills and bulls in the national spotlight

25 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I like your optimism 

But something tells me pegula is not down to move to UB campus..  and UB not willing to go to orchard Park 

I would think a billionaire NFL owner would want his own identity

He can put it wherever he wants and have his own identity, simply by footing the bill without public funding.

• Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

That's also a valid point 

Listen I've been a season ticket holder at the University at Buffalo since it's returned to D1... I'm Buffalo through and through 

And nothing would make me happier than seeing the bills and bulls in the national spotlight

There are a lot moving pieces here, but in the case of WNY it makes perfect sense. All parties want to spread the cost out over as many 'investors' as possible. UB is the only other large viable partner in town. They have access to the money, the land, and a team.  Go for it.

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

He can put it wherever he wants and have his own identity, simply by footing the bill without public funding.

People with lots of money, have lots of money, by 'footing the bill' for as little as possible.  This doesn't make them evil. It makes them human, normal, and smart.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

People with lots of money, have lots of money, by 'footing the bill' for as little as possible.

My point is that if he wants it his way, then he can pay for it himself. If he's asking for taxpayer help, then the taxpayers (via their elected representatives) have the right to set certain conditions.

6 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Fair amount of vacant land on the East side of 263, but is it enough to cover parking etc.  UB Stadium site might become parking, since UB has a second stadium for sports other than football.

Wont happen- just not enough infrastructure to handle the load.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

My point is that if he wants it his way, then he can pay for it himself. If he's asking for taxpayer help, then the taxpayers (via their elected representatives) have the right to set certain conditions.

Usually those conditions are kickbacks and access to box seats for contributors.

I really don’t understand how anyone wouldn’t want a dome? Do people not understand how loud Bills fans could get a dome for the opposing offense? It would be the hardest place to play In the NFL. 8-0 at home would be a borderline expectation. The home field advantage we would gain from indoor noise, would far exceed any fake weather advantage. We are a pass first team. The bad weather doesn’t even help us. Plus for logistics, a dome can be used all year round for other events. It’s a no brainer. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I really don’t understand how anyone wouldn’t want a dome? Do people not understand how loud Bills fans could get a dome for the opposing offense? It would be the hardest place to play In the NFL. 8-0 at home would be a borderline expectation. The home field advantage we would gain from indoor noise, would far exceed any fake weather advantage. We are a pass first team. The bad weather doesn’t even help us. Plus for logistics, a dome can be used all year round for other events. It’s a no brainer. 

I would love a dome.  Especially with Josh Allen as our QB.  I hate that bad weather takes away from our offense with the wind and the snow games etc.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Consultants and Lawyers….we’re well on our way to $2 BILLION already. 😂

You simply cannot build a billion plus dollar stadium without spending a good chunk of it on consultants and lawyers. Not going to happen. Expect more. 

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I would love a dome.  Especially with Josh Allen as our QB.  I hate that bad weather takes away from our offense with the wind and the snow games etc.

Good point. Josh SUCKED in the wind last week against Washington. Just freaking terrible!!!

Seriously you cannot build a stadium to fit the makeup of your current team. That's just insanity.  Plus, the weather impacts BOTH teams and QBs. Who would you rather have throwing in wind and bad weather?  I'll take Josh over most of the other QBs in the league. But that's no reason to build a stadium that purposefully swirls winds. 

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The fans have little to do with won/lost records. We lost to Pittsburgh with a really loud crowd. To think we'd go 8-0(9-0) at home because of a dome and loud fans doesn't make much sense. We'll get that record because we have a great team right now.

• Agree 1