Warren Moon on Josh Allen

8 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

WEO, the other day he ranked his top 10 after week 2 and the Bills weren’t on his list. J Will asked why the Bills weren’t on the list, they just won 35-0. He said “this is my list”. No logical explanation. I believe he has Bills hate being an ex-Jet

I don't know--he quickly agreed Josh was a good choice, but he picked Lamar.  He doesn't hate Josh.  He was very complimentary.

He played a few years for the Jets at the beginning of his career, then 3 other teams.  I doubt he feels one way or another about one division rival in the 3 divisions he's played in.

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Preface; no one is a bigger Bills homer than me, but on this particular play, Moon was throwing to a receiver crossing in front of him from left to right. Daryl Talley mugged the guy (Held) so he couldn’t catch it and the ball trajectory just ended up in Odomes’ gut. That wasn’t on Warren. Refs Miss the hold.

Still loved it!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

He did play better in the 2nd half but it was still a bit of a struggle and def not at the level we saw last season.

He is facing better defenses who are more prepared for the Bills offense.  Compare Josh in W1 with how he did against Pittsburgh last year.  In 2020 he posted a 77.5 rating.  This year?  79.7.

Fact:  he has faced probably two of the toughest Ds he will face all year.  He's made a few bad throws.  He's making better decisions and becoming a better QB.

2 hours ago, eball said:

@newcam2012 well, “anyone” includes, apparently, Jim Kubiak, who is not a Buffalo Bills employee.  It’s all about decisions.  I’m not concerned about Josh throwing off his back foot because his protection through the first two games has been spotty.  He’s not “locking on” receivers and he is making good decisions to get rid of the ball.  His running in key situations has been very good and that’s also a part of quarterbacking.  Josh always needs to focus on “cleaning up” his footwork and I’m sure that is a part of what he’s working on.  Did you watch the 2nd half of the Miami game?  Josh was pretty damn good.

I watched both games. For the life of me I don't see how someone can adovacate that Allen Is playing well and better than last year. It's been mediocre at best. Not sure why many Bills fans have such a difficult time admitting that? Doesn't mean he will not improve and play up to last year's standards. Yes it's only two games and there are other issues that are contributing to his subpar play. Wondering what you will say if he plays poorly against a Wash defense? The same defense that "elite" D. Jones lite up. The excuses will continue to roll. Right? Do you expect Allen to play well vs Wash? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/22/2021 at 9:54 AM, BUFFALOBART said:

I'm not sure if this is still true, but if you added Moon's CFL numbers to his NFL passing stats, he is the greatest passer, in the history of Pro Football.

Bart he already has the gold jacket and the CFL is so different.  It’s good bar talk, but at least he was recognized in 2006 and well deserved.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/22/2021 at 8:21 AM, Chief Loves Bills said:

When asked on Keyshawn, JWill, and Max this morning on whom he would choose to start an expansion franchise (without Mahomes as an option), Moon chose Josh. Says his ceiling is higher than the others and his strength and size makes him a better choice than the others mentioned, Herbert and Lamar. 

Even though some of us—me being one of them—have some trepidations on Josh’s early performances this year, it’s great to hear Hall of Famers still ringing the Allen bell. 

I agree with Moon. Allen would also be my choice. But don't sleep on Herbert. IMO he too has a chance to be great.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:21 AM, Chief Loves Bills said:

When asked on Keyshawn, JWill, and Max this morning on whom he would choose to start an expansion franchise (without Mahomes as an option), Moon chose Josh. Says his ceiling is higher than the others and his strength and size makes him a better choice than the others mentioned, Herbert and Lamar. 

Even though some of us—me being one of them—have some trepidations on Josh’s early performances this year, it’s great to hear Hall of Famers still ringing the Allen bell. 

Don’t let some people on this board hear that anyone who has a positive comment about Josh is simply not allowed to post in here 

On 9/23/2021 at 10:43 AM, ScottLaw said:

Sorry completely disagree. This is as homer a take as it gets and I don’t have a clue what you are watching….. those aren’t facts at all. He’s struggling in every way.

Doesn’t mean he won’t get better, but right now he isn’t playing well. 

On 9/23/2021 at 10:23 AM, newcam2012 said:

I watched both games. For the life of me I don't see how someone can adovacate that Allen Is playing well and better than last year. It's been mediocre at best. Not sure why many Bills fans have such a difficult time admitting that? Doesn't mean he will not improve and play up to last year's standards. Yes it's only two games and there are other issues that are contributing to his subpar play. Wondering what you will say if he plays poorly against a Wash defense? The same defense that "elite" D. Jones lite up. The excuses will continue to roll. Right? Do you expect Allen to play well vs Wash? 

Suck it, losers. 

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, eball said:

Suck it, losers. 

Class act you are. I said I'd be he first to praise Allen when he plays well. Today, he was fantastic. I couldn't be more happier as a Bills fan to see it. Difference between me and many others on here is I'm not afraid to criticize poor play.  

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I can suck it now because Josh was sucking it his first two weeks? Guy played awesome today. He wasn’t the last two weeks. Those are facts. Suck on em.

Good response. I wonder if it's even worth responding to such ignorance. 

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Class act you are. I said I'd be he first to praise Allen when he plays well. Today, he was fantastic. I couldn't be more happier as a Bills fan to see it. Difference between me and many others on here is I'm not afraid to criticize poor play.  

Good response. I wonder if it's even worth responding to such ignorance. 

Well, most folks were not complaining about those who simply criticize poor play. It was the posters who were discerning apocalyptic doom after two weeks that got the bulk of the wrath, and deservedly so. Good on you to show up. There's another crowd that won't because they find the enthusiasm of happy fans after a win just "too annoying." Anyway, this week, Edmunds is going to get all the flack.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, most folks were not complaining about those who simply criticize poor play. It was the posters who were discerning apocalyptic doom after two weeks that got the bulk of the wrath, and deservedly so. Good on you to show up. There's another crowd that won't because they find the enthusiasm of happy fans after a win just "too annoying." Anyway, this week, Edmunds is going to get all the flack.

Thanks. I saw the criticism of Edmunds. It's probably deserved but to be honest I didn't focus on him. The defense looked pretty good.

I went into the game focusing on the offense and more specifically Allen. I am super pleased on how they played. Josh looked in complete control and command. Mechanics, vision, accuracy, and confidence were all spot on. Daboll's play calling and formations were really good too. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Umm, lighten up, Francis.  I’m just busting your and @ScottLaw‘s chops.  My point holds, however — while the stats were not great in the first two games I did not think Allen was “regressing” or playing particularly poorly.  Those were two good defenses and he was still making good decisions.  I’m pleased the bulk of posts this week will be about other overblown issues and not whether Josh’s extension “was a mistake.”  Cheers and Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 1