Watching the game again this game is all on Daboll

If you rewatch the game(if you can stomach  it) the Steelers only rushed 4 and did very little “Blitzburgh” stuff.  
  They where begging the Bills to take the ball out of Josh’s hands and run it the Bills didn’t….that’s 4 games in row now teams are telling you we are not letting Allen beat us.
  Daboll literally seems to have no confidence in our ability to run the ball or he truely is a one trick pony pass every down and pray we make the end zone coordinator.
  The truth is this is very fixable it was one game but it is a larger problem that the league has figured out Daboll and now he must adjust we shall see if he does.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 11

To me it looked like they went into the game expecting Man coverage, and got alot of Zone.

the Adjustment should have been Hand the Ball off and throw short.  They got the throw short part adjusted, just never got the hand the ball off part.

I ALSO WANT ALL designed runs from Allen GONE and out of this offense.  If he isnt doing it organically on a pass, the ONLY time I want these Designed runs are 3rd and 4th and Short and in the endzone with a pass option to the rollout.  or like a QB Draw.  

• Like (+1) 19
  • Agree 22
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If you rewatch the game(if you can stomach  it) the Steelers only rushed 4 and did very little “Blitzburgh” stuff.  
  They where begging the Bills to take the ball out of Josh’s hands and run it the Bills didn’t….that’s 4 games in row now teams are telling you we are not letting Allen beat us.
  Daboll literally seems to have no confidence in our ability to run the ball or he truely is a one trick pony pass every down and pray we make the end zone coordinator.
  The truth is this is very fixable it was one game but it is a larger problem that the league has figured out Daboll and now he must adjust we shall see if he does.  

Reminiscent of SB XXV. Parcells dared the Bills to give the ball to Thurman, but Marv figured it out too late. The problem with this team is that the offensive line is nothing compared with the SB team. Had Daboll decided to let Motor run, I’m afraid that Heyward STILL controls the line of scrimmage.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

To me it looked like they went into the game expecting Man coverage, and got alot of Zone.

the Adjustment should have been Hand the Ball off and throw short.  They got the throw short part adjusted, just never got the hand the ball off part.

I ALSO WANT ALL designed runs from Allen GONE and out of this offense.  If he isnt doing it organically on a pass, the ONLY time I want these Designed runs are 3rd and 4th and Short and in the endzone with a pass option to the rollout.  or like a QB Draw.  

McVay is 38-0 with a lead at the half. How is it that other coaches can be so competent with less talent than us? Is Geoff and Stafford better than Allen? I don’t think so, so it tells me coaching/play calling is the issue. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

McVay is 38-0 with a lead at the half. How is it that other coaches can be so competent with less talent than us? Is Geoff and Stafford better than Allen? I don’t think so, so it tells me coaching/play calling is the issue. 

Jesus we get it you want to put this on Beane and McD, you have been trying now for 2 threads.  Players need to execute better BOTTOMLINE

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'd agree w/ the general premise.  I don't think it means he's suddenly a bad coach - but he sure did have an off day.

Beyond the lack of run game (and my goodness, do we need Moss), he was too cute too much of the time.  He has no problem calling Allen running plays - so why doesn't Allen do a sneak when it's 4th and 1?  The Pats did that EVERY time w/ Brady, and there was no stopping it.  Just get the 1st down.

4th & 10 was inexplicable - both the decision, and the actual call. 

It felt like a very discombobulated gameplan, and also like we just weren't taking it seriously.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Jesus we get it you want to put this on Beane and McD, you have been trying now for 2 threads.  Players need to execute better BOTTOMLINE

If we need players to execute better all the time against top teams, then we don’t have elite talent. Simple. People say top 5 WRs this or top QB that. How can that be true if they can’t execute well? It’s either the talent isn’t being put in good positions to win tough games or we don’t have enough talent. Which is it? How is it that people like McVay are 38-0 while leading at the half with less talent than us? 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If we need players to execute better all the time against top teams, then we don’t have elite talent. Simple. People say top 5 WRs this or top QB that. How can that be true if they can’t execute well? It’s either the talent isn’t being put in good positions to win tough games or we don’t have enough talent. Which is it? How is it that people like McVay are 38-0 while leading at the half with less talent than us? 

If you are using McVay as a prime example of excellent coaching...go back and watch the Rams SB against NE from 2018 and study McVay's face for that game.  Completely outcoached.  It happens.  It was ONE FREAKING GAME MAN.  Step back from the ledge.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

IOL is a huge issue right now.  We've seen it evident in our last two games, going back to last year.   

That's the glaring talent issue I saw yesterday.

As far as making plays, welp..  People can talk about our WR group all they want, and with good reason, but Claypool, Johnson and Juju all made big boy catches in that second half while our guys got outmuscled multiple times by PIT DB's.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

If you are using McVay as a prime example of excellent coaching...go back and watch the Rams SB against NE from 2018 and study McVay's face for that game.  Completely outcoached.  It happens.  It was ONE FREAKING GAME MAN.  Step back from the ledge.  

It is one game, but I’m tired of giving McD and Beane easy passes. We couldn’t beat Tennessee or KC either. If they fail to do it again this year, then we need to seriously rethink strategy or talent evaluations, because Mahomes is going to be here for a while. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

ELITE talent doesnt matter if the elite Talent isnt executing.  Did you see Mahomes in the SB, elite talent, and got played.  EXECUTE that is what football is.  

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

It is one game, but I’m tired of giving McD and Beane easy passes. We couldn’t beat Tennessee or KC either. If they fail to do it again this year, then we need to seriously rethink strategy or talent evaluations, because Mahomes is going to be here for a while. 

Then stop with trying to get people to back door.  MAKE your point about Beane and McD and then discuss it.  

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

He is trying to get people to back door into McD and Beane are the problem.  Very simple tactic he has been using for awhile now.

• Agree 2

ELITE talent doesnt matter if the elite Talent isnt executing.  Did you see Mahomes in the SB, elite talent, and got played.  EXECUTE that is what football is.  

Then stop with trying to get people to back door.  MAKE your point about Beane and McD and then discuss it.  

He is trying to get people to back door into McD and Beane are the problem.  Very simple tactic he has been using for awhile now.

No, I just want accountability. I want to win super bowls. I’m tired of being embarrassed as a Bills fan. I love my Bills and it hurts to know we haven’t sniffed a super bowl for various reasons. If we can’t beat KC and other elite teams then we need better talent or better talent evaluators or coaches. No more being happy to just have a team in Buffalo. 

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

No, I just want accountability. I want to win super bowls. I’m tired of being embarrassed as a Bills fan. I love my Bills and it hurts to know we haven’t sniffed a super bowl for various reasons. If we can’t beat KC and other elite teams then we need better talent or better talent evaluators or coaches. No more being happy to just have a team in Buffalo. 

Sorry week 1 of the 2021 NFL Season against a very good football team makes you embarrassed.  And did we lose to KC in 2021?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Sorry week 1 of the 2021 NFL Season against a very good football team makes you embarrassed.  And did we lose to KC in 2021?

Like I said, this year is a free pass to the team. I was expecting and still am in some ways a run to the super bowl. I will gladly let the season play out. But after this offseason, McD and Beane get no more free passes. Get and coach talent to beat elite teams. Allen now makes up a large percentage of our available money, so drafting is even more important now. Like others have said. I expect a big run on offensive linemen and a 2CB this next draft. 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Like I said, this year is a free pass to the team. I was expecting and still am in some ways a run to the super bowl. I will gladly let the season play out. But after this offseason, McD and Beane get no more free passes. Get and coach talent to beat elite teams. Allen now makes up a large percentage of our available money, so drafting is even more important now. Like others have said. I expect a big run on offensive linemen and a 2CB this next draft. 

Can we name the Draft busts that Beane has drafted?  

I know I can point to alot of UFA mistakes (but protects the team with very good UFA contracts in case of those misses)

• Like (+1) 1

Daboll reports to McD. The buck stops at the head coach.  This loss and the KC loss is all on McDermott.  He is the Achilles heel of this team.  I just feel this is Tampa Bay with Dungy repeating itself.  I will say, Mcd does a good job of rallying his team and righting the ship.  He gets the team to respond, that may be his best coaching quality.  Hopefully he will learn from this and force Daboll into more balance.    

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Success said:

I'd agree w/ the general premise.  I don't think it means he's suddenly a bad coach - but he sure did have an off day.

Beyond the lack of run game (and my goodness, do we need Moss), he was too cute too much of the time.  He has no problem calling Allen running plays - so why doesn't Allen do a sneak when it's 4th and 1?  The Pats did that EVERY time w/ Brady, and there was no stopping it.  Just get the 1st down.

4th & 10 was inexplicable - both the decision, and the actual call. 

It felt like a very discombobulated gameplan, and also like we just weren't taking it seriously.

The 4th down play is huge on risk and reward.  Not the time to call it with a struggling offense and offensive line getting out worked almost consistently.

Daboll must have seen something in Steelers tendencies to put that play in the game plan.  Still gotta feel the pulse of the team before you call that garbage.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Can we name the Draft busts that Beane has drafted?  

I know I can point to alot of UFA mistakes (but protects the team with very good UFA contracts in case of those misses)

I don’t know about draft busts per se, but the talent so far hasn’t been enough to beat elite teams in the playoffs. We are still  accumulating pieces. We likely need better linemen to win a super bowl. It’s just sad that we have to go to such great lengths while average Joe’s like Dilfer have a ring. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Totally thought the in game adjustments were horrible.......where was the jet sweep from McKenzie in this game.....misdirection......screen pass?

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Daboll reports to McD. The buck stops at the head coach.  This loss and the KC loss is all on McDermott.  He is the Achilles heel of this team.  I just feel this is Tampa Bay with Dungy repeating itself.  I will say, Mcd does a good job of rallying his team and righting the ship.  He gets the team to respond, that may be his best coaching quality.  Hopefully he will learn from this and force Daboll into more balance.    

• Like (+1) 1