In-Stadium Music?

elijah

Just now, Motorin' said:

You mean Jaws? Idk man, the Bills used to play the Jaws theme song for the kickoff. I thought it was interesting that they are in the same key. 

What I posted is just a rough sketch of an idea. 

Anything seven nation army is over played at all sporting events. A lot of places realized that pretty much every stadium in the world was playing it so a bunch stopped. A lot still play it. Im not a fan of following along with the same songs everyone else is doing. And no lol I mean baby shark. 

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Anything seven nation army is over played at all sporting events. A lot of places realized that pretty much every stadium in the world was playing it so a bunch stopped. A lot still play it. Im not a fan of following along with the same songs everyone else is doing. And no lol I mean baby shark. 

I hear ya. And that's a symphony recording of the Jaws theme. 

On 9/3/2021 at 10:07 AM, elijah said:

I’m drawing blanks right now. 

7 Nation Army at the opening kickoff and ensuing kickoffs.

Shout Song after the XP.

Train Horn on 3rd Down’s. 

Feel like I’m missing a sound/song or two here, or is that all of them? Anyone know? 

2 years since being in the stadium is going to feel like an extra year each of these next 9 days 😬 

You forgot Renegade after the third quarter at Road Steelers games

The Penn State @ Wisconsin game this past weekend had U2’s “Where the Streets Have No Name” right before kickoff and I gotta say that 1:45 opening instrumental is a mighty good pump-up when at volume.

It’s also become a Thing that UW plays “Jump Around” by House of Pain at the start of the 2nd half and everyone… jumps around. They explained some of the story around it that it started in ‘98 by being snuck onto the PA system and the school’s administration tried to end this tradition in 2003 (for fears of stadium damage) and it does register on their geology dept’s Richter scale. 

https://www.offtackleempire.com/2016/6/23/12007876/b1g-2016-wisconsin-traditions

If you've never seen (or heard) it, the Liverpool Football Club plays and sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" before every home match. It is an amazing experience! Being a working class town I always thought something like that would be perfect for Bills fans to participate in.

• Agree 1

While I believe the main point of this thread was specific to Bills In-Game Song Traditions, since it has taken a turn to the more general "stadium music", I'll share the playlist we put together for the Bills Backers Atlanta club that goes to Whitehall Tavern.

Not put together in any order, and usually functions better on Shuffle.

List of "generically" popular stadium anthem bangers...

On 9/3/2021 at 9:40 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

I say a little Super Freak by Rick James when Josh/Diggs make a play. At least the guitar riff. More of the locally born musicians, Goo Goo Dolls, etc. 

Cannibal Corpse and Malevolent Creation !!

On 9/4/2021 at 2:59 AM, Motorin' said:

I was really bored earlier in the summer, so I had this idea of mashing up the old Jaws theme that used to play at kickoffs with the newer White Strips. 

And then had an idea of making a Let's Go Buffalo chant to the White Strips. This is mostly a rough idea, and it's not me signing fyi:

Something like this could be really cool for kick off.

https://vimeo.com/564727180/3578629b62

Not bad needs work on the Buffalo part, sounds like buffalu

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Cannibal Corpse and Malevolent Creation !!

Not bad needs work on the Buffalo part, sounds like buffalu

Yeah, I'm not a musician, but I edit video professionally. It's a rough sketch of an idea I couldn't get out of my brain.

I found a metal singer online to do the Buffalo chant. His music sounded really good, very good voice. Turned out to be from Italy, so that's why it's sounds like that... Lol... With the right vocalist it could work well...

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

If you've never seen (or heard) it, the Liverpool Football Club plays and sings "You'll Never Walk Alone" before every home match. It is an amazing experience! Being a working class town I always thought something like that would be perfect for Bills fans to participate in.

Hands down the atmosphere at Anfield for Liverpool games can not be matched. It almost seems like a religious experience, and those fans have a way of willing their team to victory that is unrivaled, imo. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, UConn James said:

The Penn State @ Wisconsin game this past weekend had U2’s “Where the Streets Have No Name” right before kickoff and I gotta say that 1:45 opening instrumental is a mighty good pump-up when at volume.

It’s also become a Thing that UW plays “Jump Around” by House of Pain at the start of the 2nd half and everyone… jumps around. They explained some of the story around it that it started in ‘98 by being snuck onto the PA system and the school’s administration tried to end this tradition in 2003 (for fears of stadium damage) and it does register on their geology dept’s Richter scale. 

https://www.offtackleempire.com/2016/6/23/12007876/b1g-2016-wisconsin-traditions

Jump around was fun , cant believe those bone heads had two chances to win the game a threw picks twice.

On 9/3/2021 at 6:04 PM, DrDare said:

why do we play hardly any rocking songs throughout the game.

The train horn could be a hidden reason why we do not get enough prime time games. Its annoying even through your TV

Yes. It is very annoying even when watching the game on TV.