Ouch.....thats gonna leave a mark

HOUSE

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

Smith has a clear path to a QB who doesn't see him coming and so he clocks him full speed helmet to helmet and gets a 15 yard pen., what a dangerous idiot.

Nah... I guarantee you that no players have any ill-will towards Smith for that.

17 minutes ago, elijah said:

The amount of people defending this and calling it clean 😬 

If Allen got hit like this Buffalo would be fuming, call a spade a spade and recognize its dirty 

It was a penalty, dirty is another story.   These plays happen fast, there is not always time to aim as well as you need to per the rules.

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Dirty play

False, clean as Josh Allen's jock strap after this game.:wub:

4 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Bills fans view of a clean play or dirty play totally depends on who is taking the shot.  That play reversed against Allen this place would have blown up.

That would've hit Allen in the no touch zone... therefore you don't touch Allen like that. 

• Vomit 2

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Definitely a penalty by the rule, but it's not a dirty play and I'd be coaching the guys to make that hit all day.

Gotta hit him a foot lower.   Coaches don't want that penalty.   

Smith blew it.  He'll learn. 

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mattynh said:

It was a penalty, dirty is another story.   These plays happen fast, there is not always time to aim as well as you need to per the rules.

Not dirty, but he had time to aim.   Plenty of time.   Straight run at the QB, hit in in the belly.  

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Not dirty, but he had time to aim.   Plenty of time.   Straight run at the QB, hit in in the belly.  

It can be corrected.  I see your point but I also see if from the point of a defender who was probably anticipating he would not stand there blind to the rush like a statue.    He probably was waiting for Fields to escape one way or the other but he never saw it coming.  

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

It can be corrected.  I see your point but I also see if from the point of a defender who was probably anticipating he would not stand there blind to the rush like a statue.    He probably was waiting for Fields to escape one way or the other but he never saw it coming.  

Right.   I'm not saying it's easy.   Obviously, the guy has been coached not to hit the QB in the head, but at full speed with a mobile QB, it's not easy.   

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

No it wasn't. Smith lowered his head towards Field's chest. Fields at the last minute lowered his head, making Smith's helmet contact the bottom of Fields face mask. 

Lowered his helmet to initiate contact, you mean? Yeah, that's a flag.

Good hustle, but he absolutely created contact to the QB's head. It's not even a debate. That's a flag for every QB in the league except Cam Newton. Every time.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1