Dion Dawkins activated from COVID list

YoloinOhio

Just now, Process said:

You have to think he won't be ready to play next week. I am perfectly fine with Allen not playing a snap in preseason. 

One or two series in the third game at most. 

I agree. I would hold off until 8/28. No reason to rush him back.

3 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

Agree on Dawkins.  I would like to see the first team offense get some live reps together in a pre-season game.  I don’t want to sleep walk through the first half of the Pittsburgh game as they try to adjust to game speed.  

There weren’t any preseason games last year so I feel comfortable they would be ok regardless 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

FYI on McDermott’s comments on Dawkins since the other thread was closed - it was not a motivational shot across the bow to get vaccinated as many surmised. I was listening to the Buffalo fanatics podcast and they said matter of factly that according to Dawkins, he is vaccinated (not sure if he said that publically, or to them directly, I think he’s been on their podcast in the past). Then I saw Muki Hawkins tweet that Dawkins was one of the first to get vaccinated … he just had more symptoms than ike.

So McDermott clearly thinks Dion is well behind where he needs to be and wasn't just trying to send a message.  Not great news but good to see him back in team drills yesterday and there is some time left for him to catch up. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

FYI on McDermott’s comments on Dawkins since the other thread was closed - it was not a motivational shot across the bow to get vaccinated as many surmised. I was listening to the Buffalo fanatics podcast and they said matter of factly that according to Dawkins, he is vaccinated (not sure if he said that publically, or to them directly, I think he’s been on their podcast in the past). Then I saw Muki Hawkins tweet that Dawkins was one of the first to get vaccinated … he just had more symptoms than ike.

So McDermott clearly thinks Dion is well behind where he needs to be and wasn't just trying to send a message.  Not great news but good to see him back in team drills yesterday and there is some time left for him to catch up. 

My my...how very INteresting:lol:🧐 Looks like everybody with the pitchforks owe him an apology. 

Anyways good to have Schnowman back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

12 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

My my...how very INteresting:lol:🧐 Looks like everybody with the pitchforks owe him an apology. 

Anyways good to have Schnowman back.

Definitely not addressing that issue either way other than to lend actual context to McDermott’s strong comments and how it relates to the success of this team. We NEED our starting LT to be as close to 100% as possible, that’s not really debatable, and McDermott thinks he’s far behind. Hope it’s not the case. Not trying to be overly dramatic but he’s protecting the blind side of 150 mill guaranteed. 

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good find, Yolo...I could have sworn I heard Dion was vaccinated, which is why I was confused by a @Hapless Bills Fan post last week.  I'm glad to hear it, although obviously he still needs to get himself in shape.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was surprised and confused by all the unvaxxed talk as well, especially after his latest Players Tribune article/letter.

Good to see it confirmed that he walked the walk and didnt just talk the talk.

Now hit the sled and get in shape, Dion!

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wild speculation being dead wrong? Imagine my shock.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/12/2021 at 10:34 AM, Process said:

You have to think he won't be ready to play next week. I am perfectly fine with Allen not playing a snap in preseason. 

One or two series in the third game at most. 

I'd like to see Josh get a little real game action with Sanders and Hollister etc. just to get some game timing down. Yet I agree he shouldn't have to play long. 

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd like to see Josh get a little real game action with Sanders and Hollister etc. just to get some game timing down. Yet I agree he shouldn't have to play long. 

I would like to see a little warm up for the starting offense as well, but would feel better about the 3rd game vs the 2nd. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I was surprised and confused by all the unvaxxed talk as well, especially after his latest Players Tribune article/letter.

Good to see it confirmed that he walked the walk and didnt just talk the talk.

Now hit the sled and get in shape, Dion!

That entire thread was a bunch of speculative nonsense and people thinking they were just really, really smart.

Turns out they were all dead wrong.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Definitely not addressing that issue either way other than to lend actual context to McDermott’s strong comments and how it relates to the success of this team. We NEED our starting LT to be as close to 100% as possible, that’s not really debatable, and McDermott thinks he’s far behind. Hope it’s not the case. Not trying to be overly dramatic but he’s protecting the blind side of the GOAT in the making.

FIFY Yolo:flirt:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1