High School Reunions

LewPort71

when i went to my 30th, we were at a pregame happy hour and i was sitting there and a woman came up to me and introduced herself, she must have seen the terror in my eyes to which she stopped and said "i've changed" we laughed so hard, just showed me how time levels the playing field so much

7 hours ago, unbillievable said:

So we'd be on the same level. 😎

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

when i went to my 30th, we were at a pregame happy hour and i was sitting there and a woman came up to me and introduced herself, she must have seen the terror in my eyes to which she stopped and said "i've changed" we laughed so hard, just showed me how time levels the playing field so much

When I went to the post-game for my 30th, I did not remember a girl who was talking to me.  I tried to play it off, but she totally knew I had no recollection of her.  I heard from another classmate the next day who told me that the girl was VERY upset that I'd forgotten who she was.  It was some sort of weird mental lapse, because I actually DO remember her.  And she looks nearly the same as she did in high school (with a better body now, actually).  I felt - and still feel - SO terrible.  We've since connected on Facebook and I think it's water under the bridge.

I didn't get a 10th year invite.  Not even sure we've ever had one tbh.  Our class president died three months before graduating and as far as I can tell it usually falls on them to get things kicked off for a reunion. I'm still friends with exactly one person from high school and he didn't hear anything either.

We were kind of a lost class. The smallest that went through my high school in decades.  In order to fill up the dais more at commencement they stuck the GED kids up there with us 😂 I was ranked third and wouldn't have made top 25 if I graduated a year earlier.

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

I didn't get a 10th year invite.  Not even sure we've ever had one tbh.  Our class president died three months before graduating and as far as I can tell it usually falls on them to get things kicked off for a reunion. I'm still friends with exactly one person from high school and he didn't hear anything either.

We were kind of a lost class. The smallest that went through my high school in decades.  In order to fill up the dais more at commencement they stuck the GED kids up there with us 😂 I was ranked third and wouldn't have made top 25 if I graduated a year earlier.

Have you tried Classmates.com?   I would connect with a different email address since they tend to be vampires on emails and pushing to buy but usually you will get a contact from any organizer if you join.

Never attended one, largely due to the fact that I bounced around to five different high schools …. Never put down enough roots in one place to enjoy myself in that situation, I suppose  …. I did attend one with someone I was dating, and a couple guys I was talking with said she was one of the school hotties … she still was, so that didn’t suck 🤪

Edited by AlCowlingsTaxiService

On 8/9/2021 at 4:41 PM, teef said:

i went to an all boy high school, so the reunion has never really been a thing.  i think they're always informal and at a bar if anything.  about 10 of us would go out to dinner a few times a year before covid, so we'll see if that starts again.

i went to my college 10 year which was a blast.  missed my 20 year because it was my daughter's birthday.  probably go to my 25.

for grad school...***** it.   i talk to the few people i want to, and it's just too hard to care about anyone else.  

as for seeing friends age...it is weird.  most of us have stayed in pretty good shape, but you can't really avoid the wrinkles starting and graying hair.  one old high school friend i did see recently, and it freaked me out.  he gained some weight, but his head and face...my god.  he gained a shocking amount of weight in his head.  how does that even happen?

Which guy did you take to the prom ? 

On 8/9/2021 at 4:41 PM, teef said:

i went to an all boy high school, so the reunion has never really been a thing.  i think they're always informal and at a bar if anything.  about 10 of us would go out to dinner a few times a year before covid, so we'll see if that starts again.

i went to my college 10 year which was a blast.  missed my 20 year because it was my daughter's birthday.  probably go to my 25.

for grad school...***** it.   i talk to the few people i want to, and it's just too hard to care about anyone else.  

as for seeing friends age...it is weird.  most of us have stayed in pretty good shape, but you can't really avoid the wrinkles starting and graying hair.  one old high school friend i did see recently, and it freaked me out.  he gained some weight, but his head and face...my god.  he gained a shocking amount of weight in his head.  how does that even happen?

Do you know if 100% of the boys you graduated with are still boys?  Statistically I think, at least 1 has transitioned.  Would she be allowed to go to an All Boys High School reunion?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/13/2021 at 2:37 PM, Limeaid said:

Have you tried Classmates.com?   I would connect with a different email address since they tend to be vampires on emails and pushing to buy but usually you will get a contact from any organizer if you join.

I also had Classmates listings of girls who had graduated from my high school.  Helluva feat, since it was an all male high school, and none that I know of switched teams. 🤨

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you know if 100% of the boys you graduated with are still boys?  Statistically I think, at least 1 has transitioned.  Would she be allowed to go to an All Boys High School reunion?

i'm not aware.  there were around 150 of us, so it's possible.  i'm sure she'd be allowed back, but she may have to put out.

One month from today I attend my 50th.  We are meeting at a famous barbecue restaurant named Angelo's in Fort Worth. Afterwards some of us are overnighting at a hotel with a rooftop bar.  The next day we are meeting back up at The Fort Worth Zoo at their conference entertainment center. 

On 8/9/2021 at 8:09 PM, Wacka said:

Went to my 40th in 2015. About 100 of the 365 showed up. Had a great time. Everybody's name tag was their yearbook picture  so you could recognize them.  A friend I hadn't seen for 20-25 years didn't have his on and I drew a blank at first. He had a full head of thick red hair back then. Now he was bald with a grey ZZTop like beard!  Saw him post a picture of him and his adult niece  at Beaver Island and I captioned it " Santa on Vacation!"

Talked a lot at the reunion about a classmate that was  spending tome in the big house.  Was a lawyer that  bilked his clients out of several millions.  Might of heard of him . Sold his mansion in OP to Mario Williams to pay them back. 

Bernas!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.