Afghanistan

It's embarrassing when the president sets a deadline for pulling out of Afghanistan on September 11 (why in the world pick that date?) and then the American embassy is forced to close up shop weeks before the deadline when the Taliban capture Kabul.

The good news is that Biden will punish the Taliban by not inviting them to next year's Paris Climate summit.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LeviF said:

lol the fourth estate can’t make me care about some shithole country when they’ve actively tried to burn this one. Not happening. Sorry you have to carry that burden. 

So you’re OK with religious zealots wiping out all the women and children?  Do you have any recollection of Nazi Germany?

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Tens of thousands of homeless here in the US and he wants to save some woman and children half a world and a few centuries away.  

They do not have to be mutually exclusive.  That’s the problem with the simple minded folks that populate this part of the board; you are incapable of cogent thought.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So you’re OK with religious zealots wiping out all the women and children?  Do you have any recollection of Nazi Germany?

Every once in awhile somebody posts something that I have to read a couple of times to figure out. I’ve read this one at least a half dozen and still have no idea what you’re trying to get at. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Every once in awhile somebody posts something that I have to read a couple of times to figure out. I’ve read this one at least a half dozen and still have no idea what you’re trying to get at. 

Nazi Germany tried to wipe out a religion, Jews, because they believed in a master race.  The Taliban wants to wipe out women, children and men because of religion.  Both are genocidal acts.  Both the Nazis and the Taliban want to take over the world based on warped religious and political views.  We fought a world war to stop the first one.  But now we’re OK with allowing Afghanis to be wiped out.

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Nazi Germany tried to wipe out a religion, Jews, because they believed in a master race.  The Taliban wants to wipe out women, children and men because of religion.  Both are genocidal acts.  Both the Nazis and the Taliban want to take over the world based on warped religious and political views.  We fought a world war to stop the first one.  But now we’re OK with allowing Afghanis to be wiped out.

Thanks 

So you believe the Taliban want to exterminate Muslim women and children in order to take over the world for Islam? Somebody better tell them to recalibrate. That’s a horrible plan. 😂😂

Edited by SoCal Deek

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks 

So you believe the Taliban want to exterminate Muslim women and children in order to take over the world for Islam? Somebody better tell them to recalibrate. That’s a horrible plan. 😂😂

That is absolutely their plan.  They want to subjugate all men, women and children to their twisted ideology.  And  destroy Jews, other Muslims, and other civilizations to achieve that.

But you think it’s funny.  Pardon me if I don’t laugh.

38 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That is absolutely their plan.  They want to subjugate all men, women and children to their twisted ideology.  And  destroy Jews, other Muslims, and other civilizations to achieve that.

But you think it’s funny.  Pardon me if I don’t laugh.

Get a sense of humor. It’ll do you good. So they intend to kill all the presently Muslim women and children so they can go find some new non-Muslim women and children who they can covert into being Muslim women and children that they can then exterminate tomorrow? Is that it? That’s the plan? 

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Get a sense of humor. It’ll do you good. So they intend to kill all the presently Muslim women and children so they can go find some new non-Muslim women and children who they can covert into being Muslim women and children that they can then exterminate tomorrow? Is that it? That’s the plan? 

They will kill any women and children that have dared to do things like try and be educated.  If they don’t kill them they will subjugate them to a life of slavery and misery.  But I forget, you think that’s funny.  

If you have a wife or daughters, ask them if they share your sense of humor.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

They do not have to be mutually exclusive.  That’s the problem with the simple minded folks that populate this part of the board; you are incapable of cogent thought.

The third reich was an existential threat to the balance of world power, and even then we were late. Your comparison is poor and unconvincing. 

11 minutes ago, LeviF said:

The third reich was an existential threat to the balance of world power, and even then we were late. Your comparison is poor and unconvincing. 

Genocide is genocide.  And if you don’t think the Taliban and their ilk don’t want to take over the world you’re naive at best.

23 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Genocide is genocide.  And if you don’t think the Taliban and their ilk don’t want to take over the world you’re naive at best.

I didn’t make any claims about what they may want to do. 

And again, no amount of hand wringing can get me to care about a country half a world away when the hand wingers actively attempt to turn this country into a third world hellhole. 

If you want to go feel free. 

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

I didn’t make any claims about what they may want to do. 

And again, no amount of hand wringing can get me to care about a country half a world away when the hand wingers actively attempt to turn this country into a third world hellhole. 

If you want to go feel free. 

Folks like you really have no understanding of what America really is.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

They will kill any women and children that have dared to do things like try and be educated.  If they don’t kill them they will subjugate them to a life of slavery and misery.  But I forget, you think that’s funny.  

If you have a wife or daughters, ask them if they share your sense of humor.

You really need to settle down today and put your outrage to better use. Having a sense of humor is different than not taking things seriously, so once again get off your holy than thou high horse. If you want to go fight the Taliban by all means go for it! Or is possible you just want other people to fight them? Remember, I think Biden is a clueless ass for pulling out of there with so little planning or foresight…but he’s the Commander in Chief nitwit that supposedly 85 million Americans voted for. You don’t like it? Catch a clue next time you go in and pull the lever.  This one is NOT on me. WHAT A MESS! (Is that serious enough for you? Do I have your approval?)

Edited by SoCal Deek

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Folks like you really have no understanding of what America really is.

And you seem to think America is only 80 years old. And that the world started around the same time. 

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You really need to settle down today and put your outrage to better use. Having a sense of humor is different than not taking things seriously, so once again get off your holy than thou high horse. If you want to go fight the Taliban by all means go for it! Or is possible you just want other people to fight them? Remember, I think Biden is a clueless ass for pulling out of there with so little planning or foresight…but he’s the Commander in Chief nitwit that supposedly 85 million Americans voted for. You don’t like it? Catch a clue next time you go in and pull the lever.  This one is NOT on me. WHAT A MESS! (Is that serious enough for you? Do I have your approval?)

And who wanted to pull out last term?  Biden is wrong on this issue.  So was Trump.  So were Obama and Bush.  The Taliban should have been crushed way back in 2001-2002.

As far as who to vote for, you vote based on overall policies candidates espouse, not single issues.  But because you are so enamored with attaching your lips to Trump’s genitalia you don’t get that either.