DeSantis For President in 2024?

44 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Lol and?

It's rigged and a ridiculous question.

It's not his job to slow biology.  

I wouldn't check "why yes he's definitely trying to "flatten the curve."

Did they ask any questions about preserving liberty and limiting government's involvement in my health care choices?

It's not a ridiculous question since he is the most vocal opponent of mask mandates and vaccine mandates in the country.  It shows what Floridians think of his policies.  I'm sure if you polled only Republican voters on a national level his approval rating would be sky high.  

Edited by Doc Brown

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's not a ridiculous question since he is the most vocal opponent of mask mandates and vaccine mandates in the country.  It shows what Floridians think of his policies.  I'm sure if you polled only Republican voters on a national level his approval rating would be sky high.  

No he isn't.  

He isn't anti vaccine or masks.  

He's anti mandates.  

36 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I bet just about everyone in every other state in the us is glad they do t live in New Jersey…. How on earth did youze guyz manage to kill 300 out of every hundred thousand people there? Florida would need to keep their covid fatality rate where it is for a hundred more days to catch up. 

What’s the deal there? Poor medical system? Lots of anti maskers? 

Oh, that again?

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Still. They didn’t reincarnate anyone last I checked. And now while sunbelt is peaking northeast is starting to ramp up dramatically… I told you it was coming 

School starts tomorrow so I will certainly keep you up to date on the situation. 1 kid is already quarantined because he “might” have been in contact?

I thought the CDC said they didn’t have to do that anymore? 

Now, my gf has to teach a whole in person class and do hybrid for 1 student at the same time?

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

School starts tomorrow so I will certainly keep you up to date on the situation. 1 kid is already quarantined because he “might” have been in contact?

I thought the CDC said they didn’t have to do that anymore? 

Now, my gf has to teach a whole in person class and do hybrid for 1 student at the same time?

And be the mask police for these crappy ineffective cloth masks that pass virus carry spit like a sieve…. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Governor said:

The next reliable poll that comes out will probably have him sitting around 44 percent.

He definitely overplayed his hand and misread the electorate. His team should be fired. These are ALL self-inflicted wounds.

After looking at this morning’s polls, Biden is around 45 percent approval. That’s actually really good considering the media slaughter he endured. Rasmussen has him at 44 and others have him at 46.

His poll numbers are higher than Joey's, who will pull the rest of the Dems down with him.  Because it doesn't matter what the Governors do, the buck stops with the President.  And when this thing ebbs, DeSantis' poll numbers will rise.  Joey's...not so much.

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

You need school ID as well (scanned and emailed). Not hard to fake obviously but that's all you have to do. My daughter has the ticket at college for Bills games. 

The day the DirecTV monopoly ends will be a good day. I qualify for Sunday Ticket over the Internet because trees block our view of the satellites thankfully. But convincing DirecTV of that was a massive pain in the ass. 

My son and brother didn't have to produce school ID.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

Florida peaked.  

World didn't end.  Deaths nowhere near where they were in winter.  Hospitals were so stressed doctors staged protest walk outs against the unvaccinated.

What a debacle you people are.  

Good luck to the very free and safe North.  

Get vaccinated.  

But it doesn't matter.  

Everyone that got vaccinated in January will need to be fully boosted in late September.   

And it also won't matter because we'll be rinse repeating all this during the spring wave!   

At least Florida will be free.   

10 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

And that’s really sad that this guy is playing with the lives of kids for political gain.

You keep beating this drum, but isn't putting any kid back in school wirhout a vaccine playing with lives? Masks aren't going to end the pandemic nor have much effect on kids forced into crowded schools.  Its the vaccines that will make the difference, people arguing about masks are all just playing politics.

Just now, Tenhigh said:

You keep beating this drum, but isn't putting any kid back in school wirhout a vaccine playing with lives? Masks aren't going to end the pandemic nor have much effect on kids forced into crowded schools.  Its the vaccines that will make the difference, people arguing about masks are all just playing politics.

I think so. I think it should be all virtual until we get this figured out. I don’t even have kids but I often try to put myself in their shoes. There’s no way I would send my kid on that bus right now.

Spare me with the “my autistic kid can’t sit in front of a computer” crap.

Well, it’s better than being dead right?

• Eyeroll 1

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

My son and brother didn't have to produce school ID.

IDs aren't necessary, but make sure that the student isn't in the Bills coverage area, or you will get knocked out.  Look up Sunday ticket in ebay, it's a great option.  

6 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Bingo 

They would NEVER send 2000 plus kids into high school buildings with a ridiculous piece of cloth on their face if they knew they were at serious risk of hospitalization let alone deaths.  

It's also a de facto admission they should have been in school last year.

The dynamic changed for the teachers allegedly with the vaccine.

The dynamic is not different for 5 to 12 year olds and most likely maybe 75% of 12 and up.  

It's stunning how they don't understand this.  

Unless of course you know there is near ZERO risk to the kids.  

Edited by Big Blitz

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

I think so. I think it should be all virtual until we get this figured out. I don’t even have kids but I often try to put myself in their shoes. There’s no way I would send my kid on that bus right now.

Spare me with the “my autistic kid can’t sit in front of a computer” crap.

Well, it’s better than being dead right?

My kids both got vaccinated as soon as they were available to them. Because my wife and I wanted them to and because the kids also wanted to do it.  I wouldn't be really comfortable sending them back full time without it.  The makes they can wipe their asses with, IMO.  

Edit: I wouldn't be comfortable sending them back unvaccinated because one of them has a really rare but thankfully mild heart issue that could be exacerbated by COVID.  

Edited by Tenhigh

6 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

My kids both got vaccinated as soon as they were available to them. Because my wife and I wanted them to and because the kids also wanted to do it.  I wouldn't be really comfortable sending them back full time without it.  The makes they can wipe their asses with, IMO.  

I think I’d be masking them if I were you (if I remember correctly where you live) 

My gf teaches in a middle school so most of the students can be vaccinated, but she teaches 6th grade science and those kids can’t yet. She’s slightly overweight too and got the J & J so I’m a little worried about her safety. There’s only 200 kids in the school but you know who they are.

What a mess!

Edited by Governor

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

I think I’d be masking them if I were you (if I remember correctly where you live) 

My gf teaches in a middle school so most of the students can be vaccinated, but she teaches 6th grade science and those kids can’t yet. She’s slightly overweight too and got the J & J so I’m a little worried about her safety. There’s only 200 kids in the school but you know who they are.

What a mess!

My kids are teenagers.  If little Johnny has full blown COVID, and my kid sits next to him all day in class, you think one of those crappy cloth masks is going to prevent him from catching it in a poorly ventilated school room? 

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

My kids are teenagers.  If little Johnny has full blown COVID, and my kid sits next to him all day in class, you think one of those crappy cloth masks is going to prevent him from catching it in a poorly ventilated school room? 

The magic barrier that forms when he takes a sip of water is 100% protective against transmission.

10 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

But the could bring it home to you.

56 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Florida peaked.  

World didn't end.  Deaths nowhere near where they were in winter.  

On a board full of bad information, you win first prize. Florida has not yet peaked though with any luck it will, and deaths are higher than any time during the pandemic. 

image.thumb.png.445ee03e3b1f410b38c6132fe58f2b2e.png

46 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

On a board full of bad information, you win first prize. Florida has not yet peaked though with any luck it will, and deaths are higher than any time during the pandemic. 

What's mortality now vs January?  

The CFR now vs January 

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

What's mortality now vs January?  

The CFR now vs January 

Cute. But you said "Deaths nowhere near where they were in winter. "

And that's flat wrong. 

But you're a piece of *****. Don't expect you to have any character to admit it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

No one is "fully vaccinated" against Delta.   

What part of the last 2 weeks do people not understand they just can't let Pfizer stock crash.   

FDA approval timed to hide from the looming fading efficacy stories (it doesn't work); blame the unvaccinated and Ron DeSantis; rinse repeat.

Israel is telling you what is happening.  Full on panic over there with 80% plus of the adults vaccinated.  

And those adults weren't "fully vaccinated" until April who the hell are they kidding with this 8 to 12 months of immunity?  

You're lucky to get 6.   

Here was WaPo in early July running cover for the vaccine:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/19/vaccine-skeptics-zero-israel-again-some-reason/

It's behind a pay wall

Screenshot_20210825-212850_Chrome.jpg

But cool cool folks......don't demand answers or hold Sleepy Joe accountable or anything.

He told us we could take the masks off in late May.  

I know what would be happening to the Orange Man if that was him.   

Edited by Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

And that's flat wrong. 

But you're a piece of *****. Don't expect you to have any character to admit it. 

That’s not very nice. I’ve called people pig-faced southerners, dingleberries, doofus wads, etc. but that’s a bit out of line.

Turd blossom would be better.

29 minutes ago, Governor said:

Murphy was just on tv. He said that people need to stop taking a “green acres” approach to cures, not inject horse medicine, and get the vaccine.

We need to have a better approach than a #$%&ing soundbite.  Vaccines are strategic, monoclonal antibodies are tactical for those who already have covid.  

11 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

And that's flat wrong. 

You, sir, are quite the internet tough guy.  Your family must be super proud.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Deaths should be on par with winter if Delta was as severe - that was my point but low info sunprancer knows this.

Florida was averaging 160 dead a week for almost 2 months in January and February - in the 2 months prior they were averaging barely 8,000 to 10,000 cases a day. 

And at this time last year for the month of August they also averaged about 150 deaths a day for 3 weeks - cases the month prior were averaging 5,000.

Cases have peaked.  

Sunprancer doesn't think we understand data.  

Is this to deny Delta is a problem?  Of course not.  There is nothing left for us to do and Florida is showing you that the country will not collapse if we understand its time to move on.  

Oh or maybe it's health care system truly is superior to the rest of the country.  

Get vaxxed or not.  The choice is yours.  The virus needs to run its course *gasp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Screenshot_20210825-213813_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Big Blitz

13 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

We need to have a better approach than a #$%&ing soundbite.  Vaccines are strategic, monoclonal antibodies are tactical for those who already have covid.  

You, sir, are quite the internet tough guy.  Your family must be super proud.  

My gf teaches at the middle school here.

What a mess! There’s already kids quarantined and it just started today!

23 minutes ago, Governor said:

I don’t know what he’s doing. He’s trying to cater to 30 percent of the electorate and you can’t win that way. He’s not Trump. He’s fat-head DeSantis.

https://www.local10.com/news/politics/2021/08/25/most-florida-voters-dont-want-desantis-to-run-for-president-poll-finds/

Omg that poll is a disaster for the Democrats no wonder they buried the lede hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

Let's start with this:

"Quinnipiac found that 51% of registered voters in the state disapprove of DeSantis’ handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, which is fewer than the 57% who disapproved in a July 2020 poll."

He's improved on Covid since last year!  

There's more!

"Of those polled, 47% approve of DeSantis’ performance overall, with 45% disapproving."

On DeSantis' overall job performance, voters are divided with 47 percent approving and 45 percent disapproving (despite us throwing literally everything at him) of the way he's handling his job as governor. In July 2020, they gave him a negative 41 - 52 percent job approval rating."

Hahaha very solid despite throwing everything at him.  More to come we know. 

Also very solid this is not a split lolol:

"Voters are split on whether Ron DeSantis deserves to be reelected, as 48 percent say he does and 45 percent say he does not...."

And this!

"Asked the same about President Joe Biden’s overall performance, 40% of Florida voters polled approved and 53% disapproved."  

"53% disapprove of Biden's overall job performance in that poll."

RIP Ds in Florida.  

And Xiden on Covid:

"On his handling of COVID-19, 47% approve and 49% disapprove."

They don't like Xiden's handling of anything.

And lastly .......

".....Of Republicans polled, 67% were in favor of a DeSantis run,"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that's because they want to keep him as governor 

But wait there is more!!

"A majority of voters (57 percent) say they are either very satisfied (30 percent) or somewhat satisfied (27 percent) with the way things are going in Florida today."

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3818

Wow.

Did you mistakenly post this poll????

Thank you!

#DontFauciMyFlorida

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

In 3 years, no one will remember.  Hell, 1 year.

Something isn’t adding up. I’m starting to think he’s looking 7 years down the road because Trump won’t get out of the way, and he’s trying to build a campaign war chest until then.

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Omg that poll is a disaster for the Democrats no wonder they buried the lede hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

Let's start with this:

"Quinnipiac found that 51% of registered voters in the state disapprove of DeSantis’ handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, which is fewer than the 57% who disapproved in a July 2020 poll."

He's improved on Covid since last year!  

There's more!

"Of those polled, 47% approve of DeSantis’ performance overall, with 45% disapproving."

On DeSantis' overall job performance, voters are divided with 47 percent approving and 45 percent disapproving (despite us throwing literally everything at him) of the way he's handling his job as governor. In July 2020, they gave him a negative 41 - 52 percent job approval rating."

Hahaha very solid despite throwing everything at him.  More to come we know. 

Also very solid this is not a split lolol:

"Voters are split on whether Ron DeSantis deserves to be reelected, as 48 percent say he does and 45 percent say he does not...."

And this!

"Asked the same about President Joe Biden’s overall performance, 40% of Florida voters polled approved and 53% disapproved."  

"53% disapprove of Biden's overall job performance in that poll."

RIP Ds in Florida.  

And Xiden on Covid:

"On his handling of COVID-19, 47% approve and 49% disapprove."

They don't like Xiden's handling of anything.

And lastly .......

".....Of Republicans polled, 67% were in favor of a DeSantis run,"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that's because they want to keep him as governor 

But wait there is more!!

"A majority of voters (57 percent) say they are either very satisfied (30 percent) or somewhat satisfied (27 percent) with the way things are going in Florida today."

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3818

Wow.

Did you mistakenly post this poll????

Thank you!

#DontFauciMyFlorida

Hope Ron reads this. Quite the schlong polishing 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Yeah. Not at peak yet and we don’t know how quickly it will fall. Going by the UK, that could be another 3 months!

We could be talking about another 30 thousand dead in Florida and that’s if this is the final wave.

If another variant comes, DeSantis will be screaming for FEMA to take over things.

Edited by Governor