DeSantis For President in 2024?

12 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Biden will finish his term short of a significant health problem.  She'd otherwise get slaughtered in a re-election bid IMO.  She can't win the nomination in 2024 either IMO.  She's served her purpose which was to check a box in 2020.  She's Peter-Principled out. 

I just can’t see how they don’t run her after selecting her as VP. 

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I just can’t see how they don’t run her after selecting her as VP. 

Yup.  And if they try to replace her, what excuse do they use?  She can't win because she's a woman?  She's black?  She's incompetent?

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.  And if they try to replace her, what excuse do they use?  She can't win because she's a woman?  She's black?  She's incompetent?

My guess is they will have to very quietly strong arm her to bow out on her own accord.  Who knows they might have already made the deal that she can get VP if she accepts that’s end of the line. 

Funny thing about ambitious people though… 

will be fun listening to the virtuous left  try to Lib’splain that one. 

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

My guess is they will have to very quietly strong arm her to bow out on her own accord.  Who knows they might have already made the deal that she can get VP if she accepts that’s end of the line. 

Even if they strong arm her out, it will still be bad optics if they replace her with a white woman, much less man, even if he/she chooses a VP of color.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

No one needs to strong arm her at all. I’m sure she intends to run and voter’s will choose someone else. Not all that complicated.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

No one needs to strong arm her at all. I’m sure she intends to run and voter’s will choose someone else. Not all that complicated.

Agree, although the party puts its' thumb heavily on the scale.  Without the party Bernie may have been the nominee this time around.  Bernie had high negatives like Trump and maybe Bernie wouldn't have cooperated with the stay in your basement we'll cheat you over the finish line as readily as Joe. 

Edited by keepthefaith

10 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Agree, although the party puts its' thumb heavily on the scale.  Without the party Bernie may have been the nominee this time around.  Bernie had high negatives like Trump and maybe Bernie wouldn't have cooperated with the stay in your basement we'll cheat you over the finish line as readily as Joe. 

At some point you gotta win states so the party can only do so much. Bernie always had a problem with old people and African American voters. They were very aware of that and did improve with AA, but it was never going to be enough once that Clyburn endorsement rolled in.

I don’t really see Kamala winning anything other than her home state unless she became a totally different candidate than she is today.

I definitely think Whitmer is ready for VP.

Biden was very lucky. All he had to do was be himself. He knew that his usually silly gaffes, ones that used to derail his previous campaigns, were never going to rise above what the blabbering orange idiot was doing each day. There’s no doubt in my mind that that’s the reason he ran.

They ran a very vanilla, textbook campaign to perfection. I was very impressed with Biden and his team for the exception of North Carolina. I thought they should’ve spent more money there. I would like to some day find out what the thinking was there.

Basically, what helped Trump win the first time, killed him the second time.

Edited by Governor

Yep.  Calls into question "cases!" nationwide.  We're long past calling things into question.   

Per the FDOH cases were 15,319.  

3 day average of 18K.  

But 28K sounds so much scarier.   

Sham.  Whole thing is a sham.  

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Governor said:

At some point you gotta win states so the party can only do so much. Bernie always had a problem with old people and African American voters. They were very aware of that and did improve with AA, but it was never going to be enough once that Clyburn endorsement rolled in.

I don’t really see Kamala winning anything other than her home state unless she became a totally different candidate than she is today.

I definitely think Whitmer is ready for VP.

Biden was very lucky. All he had to do was be himself. He knew that his usually silly gaffes, ones that used to derail his previous campaigns, were never going to rise above what the blabbering orange idiot was doing each day. There’s no doubt in my mind that that’s the reason he ran.

They ran a very vanilla, textbook campaign to perfection. I was very impressed with Biden and his team for the exception of North Carolina. I thought they should’ve spent more money there. I would like to some day find out what the thinking was there.

Basically, what helped Trump win the first time, killed him the second time.

Wuhan virus got Trump elected?  :blink:

1 hour ago, Governor said:

"Fauci me harder!”

Florida requests 300 ventilators from federal government as COVID cases keep rising

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/08/09/florida-sets-another-covid-case-record-as-hospitals-face-sheer-exhaustion/

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

"......according to a Department of Health and Human Services planning document obtained by ABC News."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

What ventilators? Lol.

“I have not heard about that, so I have to check to see if that’s true or not,” he said. “I would honestly doubt that that’s true, but I’ll look. We have a lot of stuff that we stockpiled over the last year and a half through the department of emergency management. I have not had any requests across my desk. I haven’t been notified of that.”

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You know for all the whining about my links, at least I put them there.

The last 2 or 3 that you and Billzy  and others, have (supposed) direct quotes, but no link.

It would make your posts more believable.

Scroll up then.

41 minutes ago, Governor said:

What ventilators? Lol.

“I have not heard about that, so I have to check to see if that’s true or not,” he said. “I would honestly doubt that that’s true, but I’ll look. We have a lot of stuff that we stockpiled over the last year and a half through the department of emergency management. I have not had any requests across my desk. I haven’t been notified of that.”

Now this is funny. Billy Boy (aka Twit for Brains) posted a Twit’s Tweet saying he begged for ventilators. 😂