EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

40 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

The NFL doesnt not care about this.

They care about money.

If It comes down to it, the other owners will push to make sure that the bills wherever they play, make the most money.

I would say Oakland is a more iconic franchise with a larger fanbase and a more stable economy. The NFL did not care about that. 

They moved from Oakland to Vegas, not a smaller city like Austin.  

Raiders were also dead last, or close to last, in attendance and viewership as talks to leave were heating up in the early/mid-2010's.   

I agree that the NFL doesn't care if we stay in Buffalo or not, but the Raiders were on way rockier terrain than we are - with an owner who was constantly exploring new cities, never even pretended to care about Oakland and doesn't also own another franchise in the same city. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

The NFL doesnt not care about this.

They care about money.

If It comes down to it, the other owners will push to make sure that the bills wherever they play, make the most money.

I would say Oakland is a more iconic franchise with a larger fanbase and a more stable economy. The NFL did not care about that. 

Geographically, the move from Oakland to Vegas was ideal. 

I don't see any favorable moves like that for the Bills. The Toronto idea failed. Maybe Columbus or Louisville?

Agree with most of the responses in that a move is highly unlikely for many reasons.

The biggest to me seems like it would be a huge "cut off your nose to spite your face" situation for the Pegulas.

I might be wrong but I feel like the vast majority of Bills fans who are still in the WNY area, or spend a lot of time there, would strongly boycott any business the Pegulas have their hands in. I wouldn't even attend concerts at the arena anymore if it could lead to one extra dollar going into their pockets.

Bills mafia are well known for their generosity but also shouldn't be underestimated when it comes to holding grudges. Just ask Bon Jovi. 😀

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Metal Man said:

Agree with most of the responses in that a move is highly unlikely for many reasons.

The biggest to me seems like it would be a huge "cut off your nose to spite your face" situation for the Pegulas.

I might be wrong but I feel like the vast majority of Bills fans who are still in the WNY area, or spend a lot of time there, would strongly boycott any business the Pegulas have their hands in. I wouldn't even attend concerts at the arena anymore if it could lead to one extra dollar going into their pockets.

Bills mafia are well known for their generosity but also shouldn't be underestimated when it comes to holding grudges. Just ask Bon Jovi. 😀

I live down South, but I would boycott-by-proxy the Carolina Panthers.

• Haha (+1) 2

Now is the time to get this funding with the governor being from the area.  

If someone is going to understand what the Bills mean to the entire area/tourism, it's going to be someone from the area.  Get this done before she leaves office.

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Geographically, the move from Oakland to Vegas was ideal. 

I don't see any favorable moves like that for the Bills. The Toronto idea failed. Maybe Columbus or Louisville?

The other issue is Las Vegas gave the Raiders $750 million towards the stadium. It would be a case of what can other cities/states offer? Because realistically all the markets where it makes sense to entirely privately fund the stadium are gone. There are no more Los Angeles's where it makes financial sense to privately fund the stadium. The Pegulas, if they aren't dumb, should know that.

38 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

The NFL doesnt care about this.

They care about money.

Totally disagree about Oakland.  

They had already moved to LA and came back when that failed.

Their fan base was not even close to ours. 

They did have a better economy, but needed a new stadium and Oakland was not giving them that after the regional money spent on SF football and baseball stadiums and Oakland’s new Baseball stadium.  

The Raiders were supposed to be fine getting the older stadium for themselves, but got offered better accommodations with an owner that desperately needed the money.

I don’t think there is any way they move mostly because the area is at a point that a new stadium is needed - the city, county, and state will find the money - just like they did for the Sabres years ago.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

The other issue is Las Vegas gave the Raiders $750 million towards the stadium. It would be a case of what can other cities/states offer? Because realistically all the markets where it makes sense to entirely privately fund the stadium are gone. There are no more Los Angeles's where it makes financial sense to privately fund the stadium. The Pegulas, if they aren't dumb, should know that.

I don't think they'd necessarily be looking for a place where they can move and privately fund the stadium. They'd be looking for a city that will offer to pay most of it, and they'll almost certainly have takers on that if it does come to it. I'd still be surprised if it gets to that point though despite Graham's assertions.

4 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Exactly. Toronto had the biggest potential and we see how that turned out. Idk...maybe it's still a low-key option.

Honestly, San Antonio/Austin is the only other realistic option for an area who wants a team and could pay for it. That's why the rumor started. Hard to envision that move, though. It doesn't really make sense for the NFL. They'd be better off adding a couple expansion teams.

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't think they'd necessarily be looking for a place where they can move and privately fund the stadium. They'd be looking for a city that will offer to pay most of it, and they'll almost certainly have takers on that if it does come to it. I'd still be surprised if it gets to that point though despite Graham's assertions.

Oh yea definitely, I just don't think there's another city that could offer what Las Vegas did.

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Exactly. Toronto had the biggest potential and we see how that turned out. Idk...maybe it's still a low-key option.

Honestly, San Antonio/Austin is the only other realistic option for an area who wants a team and could pay for it. That's why the rumor started. Hard to envision that move, though. It doesn't really make sense for the NFL. They'd be better off adding a couple expansion teams.

Portland

Orlando

Oklahom City

Salt Lake City

15 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Totally disagree about Oakland.  

They had already moved to LA and came back when that failed.

Their fan base was not even close to ours. 

They did have a better economy, but needed a new stadium and Oakland was not giving them that after the regional money spent on SF football and baseball stadiums and Oakland’s new Baseball stadium.  

The Raiders were supposed to be fine getting the older stadium for themselves, but got offered better accommodations with an owner that desperately needed the money.

I don’t think there is any way they move mostly because the area is at a point that a new stadium is needed - the city, county, and state will find the money - just like they did for the Sabres years ago.

Kind of like Buffalo/ NYS.

NY just funded the Mets and Yankees stadiums

Bills need a new stadium.

WNY/NYS is in rough shape financially.

The similarities are there. 

Edited by CountDorkula

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Portland

Orlando

Oklahom City

Salt Lake City

Kind of like Buffalo/ NYS.

NY just funded the Mets and Yankees stadiums

Bills need a new stadium.

WNY/NYS is in rough shape financially.

The similarities are there. 

You can add the Islanders new arena as well.

4 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Portland

Orlando

Oklahom City

Salt Lake City

Portland, sure.

I see those others as non-starters. Orlando, maybe. But 3 other NFL teams are already there in even closer proximity than Dallas+Houston are to SA/Austin.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Portland, sure.

I see those others as non-starters. Orlando, maybe. But 3 other NFL teams are already there in even closer proximity than Dallas+Houston are to SA/Austin.

Wherever the corporate money comes from is the spot.

Attendance which would be the concerns of close proximity is so meaningless for the NFL.

Look at LA, Miami, Jacksonville, Atlanta.

All awful attendance, but huge corporate dollars.

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

yep - Lackawanna I believe.

I looked it up and not only was she born in Buffalo but she still lives there with her husband and kids. From Wikipedia...

Hochul is married to William J. Hochul Jr., a former United States attorney for the Western District of New York.[73] They reside in Buffalo, New York, and have two children

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/latest-updates-buffalo-bills-stadium-151815282.html Tim graham just reported that it’s 1.4 billion and that the pegulas do not expect the taxpayers to front the entire cost. Also it looks like OP is going to be the main area for the new stadium which was to be expected

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

They moved from Oakland to Vegas, not a smaller city like Austin.  

Raiders were also dead last, or close to last, in attendance and viewership as talks to leave were heating up in the early/mid-2010's.   

I agree that the NFL doesn't care if we stay in Buffalo or not, but the Raiders were on way rockier terrain than we are - with an owner who was constantly exploring new cities, never even pretended to care about Oakland and doesn't also own another franchise in the same city. 

Exactly.... Knew it was 100%  B.S when Austin was mentioned. I mean it's possible that some teams could be moved at some point or other, but Bills are not any time soon, likely at all imo.

But yeah, When first seeing that with Austin mentioned, I shook my head  and said to myself, "wonder how many will bite on this nonsense" lol

• Like (+1) 1