EDIT: Total cost to taxpayers? Bills select sports firm to represent ownership in building new open air stadium in OP, targeted for 2025

IMO 65K-72K is probably the sweet spot.  60K seems pretty small.

The good news is, maybe it can be a fairly intimate venue for the 60K fans in attendance.  

It also means the tickets will be more exclusive, less supply = much more expensive

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Process said:

I can not, for the life of me, wrap my head around an open air, 60,000 capacity stadium in Orchard Park NY costing $1.4B. 

Makes absolutely zero sense. 

When you add in Design...  Think MIA stadium, if you are going to protect the 60,000 from the elements, while it is open air it is going to look alot like MIA and Dallas

Just now, May Day 10 said:

The good news is, maybe it can be a fairly intimate venue for the 60K fans in attendance.  

It also means the tickets will be more exclusive, less supply = much more expensive

Yep easiest way to raise prices, lower supply

Just now, May Day 10 said:

Would be nice to go to a game and just sit in a nice soft seat away from elements and loud nosies and just enjoy.

And less people!  Less drunks…less nonsense…less traffic!

😍😍😍

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

When you add in Design...  Think MIA stadium, if you are going to protect the 60,000 from the elements, while it is open air it is going to look alot like MIA and Dallas

State of the art, glass domed stadium with higher capacity in the middle of downtown Minneapolis cost $1.1B just a few years ago.

Again it makes absolutely no sense.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

State of the art, glass domed stadium with higher capacity in the middle of downtown Minneapolis cost $1.1B just a few years ago.

And a few years later that grew up to 1.9B.  

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Think Seattle 

Yep.  It will cover all fans, will have noise designed in and will have all new game day experience perks IMO.  Probably alot of tech as well.  

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

60,000 Seat Stadium per AP exclusive

Some Highlights:

"The new venue would not include a roof, but it would be designed so that a majority of the seats would be protected from the elements, the person said."

"The team initially considered a larger stadium with a price-tag of $1.6 billion before making a decision to shrink the project, the person said."

"As part of a PSE-funded study launched in 2018, the team conducted an extensive analysis focusing on three potential stadium sites in and around Buffalo before opting to propose building the facility on a team-controlled parking lot across the street from its current home."

"The two other locations considered were on the University at Buffalo campus north of the city, and a downtown site on the land where the abandoned Perry Projects sit empty. The projected cost of a downtown stadium came to $1.9 billion, not including necessary infrastructure upgrades, the person said."

I love this idea, plus the article did state that Hochoul is working hard in the negotiations and that she’s making sure the Bills stay here for a long time and that she’s a hardcore Bills fan. I think this deal gets approved. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

You’re talking NY prices, union contracts 💰, and the ridiculous inflation just in the last few months.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I love this idea, plus the article did state that Hochoul is working hard in the negotiations and that she’s making sure the Bills stay here for a long time and that she’s a hardcore Bills fan. I think this deal gets approved. 

It definitely helps that the most powerful person in NY is on the Bills side. It reminds me of when the Isles new owners got Cuomo on board with the new arena. He helped get the thru all the political BS to get shovels in the ground ASAP. This year the Isles start play at UBS arena in Belmont this fall. Lets hope Hochoul can do the same for the Bills.

Edited by Greg S
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills have had a tough time selling out late season and or bad weather games even when they were good. We just forget because of the black out rules. 

60k is probably a projection on historical capacity for the Ralph in inclement weather and what they anticipate ticket value being with lesser supply during the early parts of the season.

I dislike it as a fan but probably a good business decision. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Also thinking about the line protecting people from elements.   

COLD is an element - Could we see Heated Seats????

Doubtful. The seats they had in the clubs broke down pretty quick and they went to overhead warmers. Would be a huge hassle and cost to maintain. But maybe that is where the $1.4B for an open air stadium comes from.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

I also do think the League will try and see if they could get the Bills to go up to about 65,000 that is the AVG of the league.  So that would make about Sense.  And Bills leverage for a SB, if you want more seating 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1