Highmark stadium cleared for full capacity

On 6/15/2021 at 5:56 PM, BillnutinHouston said:

My question, will they require proof of vax for those not wearing masks?

I would guess that they are counting on the decency and honesty of those who enter the stadium. Hopefully, these people are less selfish and self centered to consider the welfare of others. If only certain players would share the same respect for others. It's not about me, me, me all the time. Other people matter!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 4

7 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Can’t wait to celebrate our Bills, maskless with all my fellow season ticket holders. Full capacity to yell, scream, drink, be rowdy. Missed you guys last year!!

Let’s go!! Flaming tables, knocked over porta potties. It’s going to be grand!!

You make tailgating in Buffalo look like this…

That’s eball in the uniform. 😁

On 6/17/2021 at 7:48 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

Erie County still wants 100% vaccinations:

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/erie-county-if-you-want-to-see-a-bills-game-in-person-you-still-need/article_a0bfc082-cf81-11eb-967d-23fe7b803176.html

New York State may have given the Buffalo Bills the green light to fill up stadium seats at 100% capacity without restrictions, but Erie County hasn't.

County Executive Mark Poloncarz is not changing his position that the only Bills fans who can attend games in person are those who are fully vaccinated.

"Right now I do not have any change to report in our position on the Bills’ fan attendance issue," said Poloncarz's spokesman Peter Anderson. "With well over two months to go until the opening game, it seems reasonable that there should be enough vaccinated people by that time to have a 100% vaccinated attendance."

He again repeated the message of county leaders urging all residents to get vaccinated.

Whether this directive will change as it gets closer to the official start of the season remains to be seen. 

News Flash!

Poloncarz has changed his view based on data

(Or been re-educated by his legal team, whichever you believe)

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

News Flash!

Phew! I was almost gonna feel much safer attending a Bills game there for a minute. Close one!

• Haha (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because He was told he legally had no right

😂😂😂😂

I'm not sure that's actually true - depends on details of NYS law I sure wouldn't know

But supposing there is the local control written in there somewhere - right now, with a 7-day rolling average of 0.3% positive tests in WNY, 0.75 per 100,000 new cases in WNY - it would be pretty dang hard to make a case for a WNY-specific public health situation that would justify exercising it.

"Pick your Battles"

https://forward.ny.gov/percentage-positive-results-region-dashboard

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

News Flash!

You’re welcome unvaccinated Bills fans.

-all of us vaccinated WNYers.

😂

Very cool that there were ZERO new covid cases in Erie county yesterday. Amazing!

Obviously if we have a wave of new cases come flu season/winter, this attendance policy is most likely going to change. But it’s nice to see how effective the vaccines have been, and that things can start getting back to normal. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

You’re welcome unvaccinated Bills fans.

-all of us vaccinated WNYers.

😂

Very cool that there were ZERO new covid cases in Erie county yesterday. Amazing!

Obviously if we have a wave of new cases come flu season/winter, this attendance policy is most likely going to change. But it’s nice to see how effective the vaccines have been, and that things can start getting back to normal. 

that’a what scares me a little.  What constitutes a “wave of new cases”?  Going from  a 7-day rolling average of 6 to, say, 35???

16 hours ago, RiotAct said:

that’a what scares me a little.  What constitutes a “wave of new cases”?  Going from  a 7-day rolling average of 6 to, say, 35???

Well, logically to me, the thing to do would be to look at the requirements for re-opening and flip them

https://forward.ny.gov/metrics-guide-reopening-new-york

There was nothing in the original reopening guidelines about absolute number of cases or cases per 100,000.     I would think it's still hospitalization trends/availability that should be monitored.

Example: In Springfield MO right now it's un-ambiguous.  Hospitalization rates in the affected areas are surging, the Covid ICUs have reopened, and the hospitals are warning that they can't hire extra staff and may have to divert patients. 

I would think it would have to be a situation like that, not just a glitch in the 7 day rolling average that could occur from say, a big family reunion that all got traced and contained.

Two things running in WNY favor to avoid such problems: 1) higher vax rates - Green County above 37%  for1-dose and surrounding counties %  in the teens and 20's 2) NYS actually does contact tracing as opposed to MO where most Health Departments ran up the white flag months ago.

But who knows? 🤷‍♂️

I am not worried about full stadiums, since people who it concerns just likely won’t go or can wear a mask. I worry more about a half vaccinated team where’s some players could conceptually cause key teammates to miss games that could cost us a few wins and our shot at a Super Bowl. Imagine if Josh gets it and we have to have Mitch for 3 games. We could even lose to the Jets!! Something that could actually be avoided. 

I don't think the county, or any organization for that matter, wants to be on the hook for providing an implied level of safety from a virus on the premises, especially one that hosts an event where people tend to drink a lot...and yell and scream. I think "reasonable protection" could take on enough definitions to be problematic.   

Unless you have every fan sign a very specific waiver before entering, if you say "hey, we're only allowing vaccinated fans in the stadium" and then, by chance, you have an outbreak that can be traced to that game where someone or some people get really ill, I feel you're in undiscovered territory from a liability standpoint as the owner of the facility.  I wouldn't want to be there.  

In the vaccine world, no one involved is on the hook for product liability, so I'm sure when cooler heads think about it, they don't want to be the one party that inadvertently puts itself on the hook.  

Dropping that requirement lets the county wash their hands of the entire issue.   You attend games at your own risk, as you always have.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Reasonable based on comments about kc noise impact on the offense.

I also wonder if the crowd energy might over amp him up too and cause a little resurgence of hero ball. We will see I guess. 

I was 97% joking about that.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But you were 3% not joking, right?  I'm kind of in the same place.

Id be lying if I said I wasn’t at least a tiny bit nervous to see how Josh does when the stadiums are full and loud again.

12 hours ago, Locomark said:

I am not worried about full stadiums, since people who it concerns just likely won’t go or can wear a mask. I worry more about a half vaccinated team where’s some players could conceptually cause key teammates to miss games that could cost us a few wins and our shot at a Super Bowl. Imagine if Josh gets it and we have to have Mitch for 3 games. We could even lose to the Jets!! Something that could actually be avoided. 

Concerns me too, especially if players flout the protocols for non-vaxxed players and the teams look the other way.  But nothing I can do about it.