Highmark stadium cleared for full capacity

6 hours ago, dpberr said:

I don't think the county, or any organization for that matter, wants to be on the hook for providing an implied level of safety from a virus on the premises, especially one that hosts an event where people tend to drink a lot...and yell and scream. I think "reasonable protection" could take on enough definitions to be problematic.   

Unless you have every fan sign a very specific waiver before entering, if you say "hey, we're only allowing vaccinated fans in the stadium" and then, by chance, you have an outbreak that can be traced to that game where someone or some people get really ill, I feel you're in undiscovered territory from a liability standpoint as the owner of the facility.  I wouldn't want to be there.  

In the vaccine world, no one involved is on the hook for product liability, so I'm sure when cooler heads think about it, they don't want to be the one party that inadvertently puts itself on the hook.  

Dropping that requirement lets the county wash their hands of the entire issue.   You attend games at your own risk, as you always have.  

Ironically in WNY they are doing the opposite in many cases for parades and fireworks with many cancelled or modified (one parade will not allow participants walking) because they do not want to take risk and want to avoid packed crowds.

It all comes down to various governments and organizers making their own assessments.

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can we keep the yinzers away week 1? Seems like they always get their mitts on tons of tickets for away games 

No for Bills have made it their policy to sell tickets to ticket scalpers rather than Bills Backers groups like they used to.

• Sad 1

This whole thing is kind of confusing.

They sold out games at full capacity before this announcement so what would have happened if suddenly they couldn't be at 100% capacity?

How would they decide who drew the short straw on suddenly losing their tickets to the opener?

13 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

This whole thing is kind of confusing.

They sold out games at full capacity before this announcement so what would have happened if suddenly they couldn't be at 100% capacity?

How would they decide who drew the short straw on suddenly losing their tickets to the opener?

Don't quote me, but I heard it was going to come down to a massive Rock/Paper/Scissors Tournament.

Thank God we avoided that.

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

They sold out games at full capacity before this announcement

Sincere question:  do we know that for sure?  They said “sold out” but I don’t recall seeing any numbers; it’s possible they had held back a number of tickets?  Has anyone looked to see if more are now available?

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Sincere question:  do we know that for sure?  They said “sold out” but I don’t recall seeing any numbers; it’s possible they had held back a number of tickets?  Has anyone looked to see if more are now available?

Glanced at Ticketmaster - there are just a few tickets available from the Bills, and others for resale,starting in 250 range and up 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

That's true. When I was looking for tickets for the first couple games on ticketmaster and secondary sites there didn't seem to be any big gaps where nothing was available but that is just a small observation.

Guess the only way to know for sure is if after this announcement there were suddenly a bunch of tickets available for the opener again but I personally never bothered to check.