Pre-Season Schedule (What everyone has been waiting for)

I know everyone has been waiting with baited breath for this to be announced.  But what I did find interesting about it and felt was worth a post, the last week of preseason games is the weekend of August 28th/29th.  But the first week of regular season games doesn't start to Sept 12th, (excluding the Thursday night game) 

So two weeks between these two events.  That's a new thing and interesting that they are doing that.  I just assumed adding an extra week of regular games and cutting a wee of pre-season, they'd still occur back to back.  But not this year anyway.  I  see final roster cut down date is TUESDAY August 31st.  So a couple days after last preseason game, but then still ten days before regular season begins.  I wonder if this will mean more roster moves occurring??

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-to-face-detroit-chicago-and-green-bay-in-nfl-preseason/article_5061e24a-ca05-11eb-817e-2b44e040b423.html

9 minutes ago, eball said:

I hadn’t paid enough attention to know about the two week thing but it’s a rare instance of a league decision that benefits both the players AND the teams.

It's going to be a long two weeks between the last preseason game and the opener.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I wonder if Trubisky will get a restraining order on Morrissey? 🤔

Or if Mitch is that inaccurate, he nails Morrissey right in the forehead... 

Or is he that inaccurate?!?!

53 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

It's going to be a long two weeks between the last preseason game and the opener.

I would advise you to begin drinking heavily.

10 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I wonder if Trubisky will get a restraining order on Morrissey? 🤔

Can you even get a restraining order against a guy who would go out tonight but doesn't have a stitch to wear?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Is the 2 week thing new? I thought it was always 2 weeks after the last preseason game.

I agree. The Labor Day weekend was always off.

32 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Is the 2 week thing new? I thought it was always 2 weeks after the last preseason game.

25 minutes ago, DrW said:

I agree. The Labor Day weekend was always off.

The last pre-season game was typically played by everyone on the Thursday going into Labor day weekend, so for the team playing the following Thursday night opener, only 7 days in between, for everyone else about 10 days.  Final cut downs were on the Saturday of Labor day weekend so by the time a team might sign a cut player, may only have the Wednesday through Saturday to practice.  Teams typically game the players off Saturday and Sunday of Labor day weekend too.

Now 2 full weeks from last pre-season game till opening weekend and about 12 days from final  cut down day with the exception of the two teams playing the Thursday night opener.

LOL you could consider it two weeks from last pre-season game as very few if any starters would play in the 4th pre-season game.  The question now will that happen in the 3rd game or will most players play in the 3 games at about the same amount as they did prior?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

I hadn’t paid enough attention to know about the two week thing but it’s a rare instance of a league decision that benefits both the players AND the teams.

I am sure that was an oversight that will be rectified going forward.  :)