Jordan Poyer Interview - OTAs June 2, 2021

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

NFLPA. That is the only reason why they cant. There is nothing legally from stopping them. Only the potential labor strike.

I remember very clearly last season the NFLPA supporting a slow, measured return to football, which I personally thought was a good idea. That they would push back against mandatory vaccinations as you suggest seems incoherent.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't agree at all that John Wawrow is a "hack".    I would say that the video interview format hasn't been kind to him; he seems to struggle to frame and ask concise open-ended questions

JW is not a click bait reporter. He works for AP and is poster on TSW.   I believe you are reading into it what you want to or are trying to start argument here.

As a former journalist I think it is absolutely the job of reporters to ask tough questions. It is not the job of reporters to ask players the questions they want to answer. The vaccine issue is a tou

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I remember very clearly last season the NFLPA supporting a slow, measured return to football, which I personally thought was a good idea. That they would push back against mandatory vaccinations as you suggest seems incoherent.

Not really, when you realize the NFLPA's main stance and MO is to not agree to ANYTHING without getting something in return. Even if what they are originally being asked to agree to is in the best interest, and benefit to, the players. To the NFLPA, the NFL asking them to agree to require players to be vaccinated is seen as "the NFL league office simply trying to protect their business and brand by forcing players to inject chemicals into their bodies without their choice". And given the history, part of me doesnt blame them for thinking the NFL would rather "protect the shield" than prioritize player safety. It just so happens that this is a weird situation where the two arent mutually exclusive. So I'm sure the NFLPA would agree to mandating vaccinations... for a higher cut of revenue share, or for less OTAs, or for whatever else they want nowadays.

Additionally, the NFLPA supporting a slow return to football last year was because it meant players didnt have to go to OTAs and Camp. Not because it was the right thing to do.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not really, when you realize the NFLPA's main stance and MO is to not agree to ANYTHING without getting something in return. Even if what they are originally being asked to agree to is in the best interest, and benefit to, the players. To the NFLPA, the NFL asking them to agree to require players to be vaccinated is seen as "the NFL league office simply trying to protect their business and brand by forcing players to inject chemicals into their bodies without their choice". And given the history, part of me doesnt blame them for thinking the NFL would rather "protect the shield" than prioritize player safety. It just so happens that this is a weird situation where the two arent mutually exclusive. So I'm sure the NFLPA would agree to mandating vaccinations... for a higher cut of revenue share, or for less OTAs, or for whatever else they want nowadays.

Exactly. They have leverage in this process but I doubt that continued media coverage about NFL players' resistance to COVID vaccines is good business.

• Like (+1) 1
33 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Says the guy who missed games with mono...

This is the unfortunate attitude I expect from players...

"I don’t see me treating Covid until I actually get Covid".. Brilliant...

How is he going about getting more facts?

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Did he say that or did you infer it from her tweet?

He said it. Last sentence on that clip "85%, that's what we're shooting at."

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1