The BIG LIE

10 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

no mystery here.  She isn't very likable and "deplorables" put a dagger in her campaign.

Agreed.

That's why the "Big lie" about Russian Collusion is false

(not interference, the Russians have always tried to interfere in every election)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Sure they are for medium to small biz.  My biz too.  Look at what Apple and the alphabet companies pay proportionally.   or the "nonprofits" like hospital systems. oh, and mr. trump...the are many mr trump's out there.

With much respect….You’re being cunningly lied to. All corporations pay taxes. And if/when they don’t retain the money, which they cannot forever, they then distribute those funds to owners and shareholders who, you guessed it….pay taxes. It’s a complete leftist wet dream that taxes are somehow magically not being paid. The money doesn’t disappear. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

With much respect….You’re being cunningly lied to. All corporations pay taxes. And if/when they don’t retain the money, which they cannot forever, they then distribute those funds to owners and shareholders who, you guessed it….pay taxes. It’s a complete leftist wet dream that taxes are somehow magically not being paid. The money doesn’t disappear. 

Really?  How are we getting this or similarly foreign profit taxes money back?

"The returns also show that Trump paid more in foreign taxes than in US federal income taxes in 2017, the first year of his presidency.

In 2017, Trump paid just $750 in US federal income taxes because of large carry-forward losses that he claimed in prior years, negating virtually all of his American tax liability. Yet Trump paid nearly $1 million in taxes to foreign countries that year. 

The fact that Trump paid foreign taxes isn’t in itself surprising, but it shows how Trump’s companies and businesses interests span the globe, and how those businesses are subject to local tax laws and regulations."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/30/politics/donald-trump-tax-returns-released/index.html

Edited by redtail hawk

13 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Really?  How are we getting this or similarly foreign profit taxes money back?

"The returns also show that Trump paid more in foreign taxes than in US federal income taxes in 2017, the first year of his presidency.

In 2017, Trump paid just $750 in US federal income taxes because of large carry-forward losses that he claimed in prior years, negating virtually all of his American tax liability. Yet Trump paid nearly $1 million in taxes to foreign countries that year. 

The fact that Trump paid foreign taxes isn’t in itself surprising, but it shows how Trump’s companies and businesses interests span the globe, and how those businesses are subject to local tax laws and regulations."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/30/politics/donald-trump-tax-returns-released/index.html

Geeez. What it shows is that he paid the taxes he owed. Somehow the term losses escaped you and like all devoted leftists you focus only on the gains. I had a now retired business partner who never got this simple concept. There is literally no hiding anything! If you don’t pay the taxes the government has this unquenchable thirst for this year, you’ll pay them next year. Once again…the money doesn’t evaporate!!! 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Geeez. What it shows is that he paid the taxes he owed. Somehow the term losses escaped you and like all devoted leftists you focus only on the gains. I had a now retired business partner who never got this simple concept. There is literally no hiding anything! If you don’t pay the taxes the government has this unquenchable thirst for this year, you’ll pay them next year. Once again…the money doesn’t evaporate!!! 

Really?  I use all tax breaks that I can too.  And have written off losses.  I don't use tax shelters and foreign banks.  Are you saying there are no loopholes for the uber wealthy?

https://www.capitalism.com/tax-loopholes-the-rich-use-to-pay-zero-taxes-with-examples/

Edited by redtail hawk

Just now, redtail hawk said:

Really?  I use all tax breaks that I can too.  And have written off losses.  I don't use tax shelters and foreign banks.  Are you saying there are no loopholes for the uber wealthy?

Once again….geez! What you call tax breaks and loopholes are just part of the overall Tax Code! The base tax rate you’re fixated on is the MAXIMUM amount you pay, not the MINIMUM.  That’s true for everyone, not just the ultra wealthy. Believe me when I say that I pay an absolutely obscene percentage of my income in taxes. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Once again….geez! What you call tax breaks and loopholes are just part of the overall Tax Code! The base tax rate you’re fixated on is the MAXIMUM amount you pay, not the MINIMUM.  That’s true for everyone, not just the ultra wealthy. Believe me when I say that I pay an absolutely obscene percentage of my income in taxes. 

well California, yeah.  Why do you choose to live in the land of fruits and nuts?

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here's an example of tax law that I benefit from and most people living at or near paycheck to paycheck don't:

Medical Savings accounts.  taken right off taxable income and not taxed when spent.  I love it but...

Many more examples where the tax laws favor the wealthy.  Not many that I benefit from.

I'm not saying it's illegal, I'm saying it's wrong.  Even if every penny earned is counted.

Geez...

Edited by redtail hawk

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Here's an example of tax law that I benefit from and most people living at or near paycheck to paycheck don't:

Medical Savings accounts.  taken right off taxable income and not taxed when spent.  I love it but...

Many more examples where the tax laws favor the wealthy.  Not many that I benefit from.

I'm not saying it's illegal, I'm saying it's wrong.  Even if every penny earned is counted.

Geez...

Then your problem is (or should be) with Joe, Chuck, Nancy, and Mitch…not Trump. Those four have all been in Washington long enough to change all of it, but they don’t. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Geez...

By the way, my understanding of a medical savings account was NOT that it was written to benefit the wealthy. It’s there so mostly middle class earners can set aside money for known and recurring medical costs rather than being taxed on them first and then writing them off later. If you’re healthy it has no benefit because you have no costs, regardless of your income status. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

By the way, my understanding of a medical savings account was NOT that it was written to benefit the wealthy. It’s there so mostly middle class earners can set aside money for known and recurring medical costs rather than being taxed on them first and then writing them off later. If you’re healthy it has no benefit because you have no costs, regardless of your income status. 

You can only write off medical expenses if they are over 7.5% of income.  MSA's don't require that.  And I guess it depends on how you define middle income.  I suspect (and I'm sure the data is out there) that mostly upper income folks fund them.  This was the case in my biz.

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

You can only write off medical expenses if they are over 7.5% of income.  MSA's don't require that.  And I guess it depends on how you define middle income.  I suspect (and I'm sure the data is out there) that mostly upper income folks fund them.  This was the case in my biz.

I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing. We did have a program where you could set aside money, pre-tax, for reoccurring annual medical expenses that you knew you’d have. It didn’t make any difference how much you made and nobody in my company was considered ultra wealthy. I personally had no such recurring expenses so it was of know benefit to me.

On the former, I always used to laugh that for my expenses to be 7.5% of my annual income I’d have to cut off either a leg or arm every year; and you couldn’t possibly keep that up for too many years. 😉

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing. We did have a program where you could set aside money, pre-tax, for reoccurring annual medical expenses that you knew you’d have. It didn’t make any difference how much you made and nobody in my company was considered ultra wealthy. I personally had no such recurring expenses so it was of know benefit to me.

On the former, I always used to laugh that for my expenses to be 7.5% of my annual income I’d have to cut off either a leg or arm every year; and you couldn’t possibly keep that up for too many years. 😉

My biz (and my employer after I sold it) had decent base insurance that everyone got.  MSA's were also available to put away pre tax $s for out of pocket.  As i recall, we needed a certain percentage to participate for the company to be eligible.  We did that with the partners and a few other higher earners.  The majority didn't participate probably because they didn't want a smaller paycheck.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

My biz (and my employer after I sold it) had decent base insurance that everyone got.  MSA's were also available to put away pre tax $s for out of pocket.  As i recall, we needed a certain percentage to participate for the company to be eligible.  We did that with the partners and a few other higher earners.  The majority didn't participate probably because they didn't want a smaller paycheck.

So what that means is that you had a healthy staff….which is good! It doesn’t say anything about perks for high earners. 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So what that means is that you had a healthy staff….which is good! It doesn’t say anything about perks for high earners. 

Actually, we had several with significant health issues.  They couldn't afford the extra taken out or at least didn't think they could.  It's much easier to fund an MSA if you are a high earner so it's mostly a perk to them.  I'm almost happy when I pull out my MSA debit card to pay for stuff, even glasses or OTC meds.  They aren't getting that benefit.  Again, I'm sure data is available for participation at varying income levels but common sense (and my experience) says they're used by high earners much more often and I''m too lazy to look.

It's just one example.  but look how long it took to get to this point on this one.  Many wealthy people pay a lower percentage of their income in taxes than do middle income folks.  we'll have to agree to disagree unless you have data to refute that statement...

Edited by redtail hawk

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Actually, we had several with significant health issues.  They couldn't afford the extra taken out or at least didn't think they could.  It's much easier to fund an MSA if you are a high earner so it's mostly a perk to them.  I'm almost happy when I pull out my MSA debit card to pay for stuff, even glasses or OTC meds.  They aren't getting that benefit.  Again, I'm sure data is available for participation at varying income levels but common sense (and my experience) says they're used by high earners much more often and I''m too lazy to look.

I think you’re looking at the symptom not the cause (poor analogy). This program doesn’t change how much the doctor charges you for glasses. It’s just a pay me now or pay me later program. Anyway, and I may be wrong here, I don’t think this was ever written as a perk for high earners. In fact, I generally thought of it as the exact opposite. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I think you’re looking at the symptom not the cause (poor analogy). This program doesn’t change how much the doctor charges you for glasses. It’s just a pay me now or pay me later program. Anyway, and I may be wrong here, I don’t think this was ever written as a perk for high earners. In fact, I generally thought of it as the exact opposite. 

Perhaps, that's not how it is working out.  and No, it's pay me with pre tax or pay me with post tax$.  Why do I feel you're purposefully being opaque?🤔  I'll stop after posting the 1st thing I found on a search:  

"This shows that the tax system is not progressive when it comes to the wealthy. The richest 1% pay an effective federal income tax rate of 24.7%. That is a little more than the 19.3% rate paid by someone making an average of $75,000. And 1 out of 5 millionaires pays a lower rate than someone making $50,000 to $100,000."

Fact Sheet: Taxing Wealthy Americans

Edited by redtail hawk

20 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Perhaps, that's not how it is working out.  and No, it's pay me with pre tax or pay me with post tax$.  Why do I feel you're purposefully being opaque?🤔  I'll stop after posting the 1st thing I found on a search:  

"This shows that the tax system is not progressive when it comes to the wealthy. The richest 1% pay an effective federal income tax rate of 24.7%. That is a little more than the 19.3% rate paid by someone making an average of $75,000. And 1 out of 5 millionaires pays a lower rate than someone making $50,000 to $100,000."

So flat tax?

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

So EIGHTY PERCENT pay a higher tax rate. What am I missing here?????

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Trump's lawyers keep getting in trouble with judges. Here are the 17 sanctioned so far.

Seventeen different lawyers have been sanctioned over failed lawsuits brought on the former president's behalf. Their attempts include litigation seeking to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election and pushing a conspiracy theory blaming the Russia investigation on a smattering of Democratic party operatives.

Many of Trump's lawyers, even if they are not sanctioned, end up needing lawyers of their own to ward off the worst consequences.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-lawyers-sanctioned-by-courts-election-lawsuits-2022-12

Trumps dream team just keeps winning

Mike Lindell’s firm told to pay $5 million in ‘Prove Mike Wrong’ election-fraud challenge

"MyPillow founder and prominent election denier Mike Lindell made a bold offer ahead of a “cyber symposium” he held in August 2021 in South Dakota: He claimed he had data showing Chinese interference and said he would pay $5 million to anyone who could prove the material was not from the previous year’s U.S. election.

He called the challenge “Prove Mike Wrong.”

On Wednesday, a private arbitration panel ruled that someone had.

The panel said Robert Zeidman, a computer forensics expert and 63-year-old Trump voter from Nevada, was entitled to the $5 million payout.

Zeidman had examined Lindell’s data and concluded that it not only did not prove voter fraud, it had no connection to the 2020 election. He was the only expert who submitted a claim, arbitration records show."

Funny how every time one of the Big Lie claims enters the legal realm, it fails. Almost as if the people spouting it are liars and idiots. 

But I suppose when one of your most important sources is someone who claims that they were decapitated and can speak to the wind as a ghost (p. 163), you just have to believe them.

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Mike Lindell’s firm told to pay $5 million in ‘Prove Mike Wrong’ election-fraud challenge

"MyPillow founder and prominent election denier Mike Lindell made a bold offer ahead of a “cyber symposium” he held in August 2021 in South Dakota: He claimed he had data showing Chinese interference and said he would pay $5 million to anyone who could prove the material was not from the previous year’s U.S. election.

He called the challenge “Prove Mike Wrong.”

On Wednesday, a private arbitration panel ruled that someone had.

The panel said Robert Zeidman, a computer forensics expert and 63-year-old Trump voter from Nevada, was entitled to the $5 million payout.

Zeidman had examined Lindell’s data and concluded that it not only did not prove voter fraud, it had no connection to the 2020 election. He was the only expert who submitted a claim, arbitration records show."

Funny how every time one of the Big Lie claims enters the legal realm, it fails. Almost as if the people spouting it are liars and idiots. 

But I suppose when one of your most important sources is someone who claims that they were decapitated and can speak to the wind as a ghost (p. 163), you just have to believe them.

This is hilarious. Actual computer forensics expert decides to take Mr Pillow up on his challenge. Goes to his conference where Lindell said "Prove that what I show you is not real 2020 election data." Reviews the "data." Turns out its not data at all; just random numbers and letters, a lot of it in pdf format. Claims the $5 million prize. Lindell denies the claim. Expert files for arbitration, which was a clause included in the contest. Then Lindell's lawyers come back with this:

Lindell testified at arbitration that he did not share what he had described as his key data to support the foreign intrusion claim during the conference. He held off, he said, after a man seeking a selfie poked him in the side as the symposium was nearing an end — an act that Lindell called an assault and said he took as a signal the government might tamper with his central information if he made it public.

Lindell told the panel that, after the incident, his “red team” advisers warned him against making that information public. “They said it could be a poison pill put in the data and we really shouldn’t release the China stuff,” he said.

Got that? Lindell called his conference to share his blockbuster data. We find out it isn't even something that can be called "data." Lindell responds: but I didn't let you see the real damning stuff! It was too dangerous to release that!!

Geez, I'm beginning to think that Trump won't be restored as President after all.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 10:15 PM, BillStime said:

Two years before the 2020 election, the conspiracy that Donald Trump won the election was part of a plot cooked up by a Texas Republican businessman

The making of a myth

He may have lied about the election but what's the difference in those that are in place now using the socialist doctrine to remake the country ? 

Have all depend on the gov't for health care, take away their guns, flood the country with as many immigrants was possible so the financial structure of the country fails so all will be dependent on the gov't, create more sickness by allowing chemicals known to cause disease in our food sources, create hyper inflation .

Making of a myth is that the president gives a S**T about the country and it's future talk about a POS ... Plus the more illegals he let's in the more votes he'll get that's why he's AWOL while title 42 goes away & 83000 last week+ more than AT&T stadium holds at capacity came across the border .

But you don't care about that !! 

9 minutes ago, T master said:

Have all depend on the gov't for health care

I have an idea…. Let’s require people to have health insurance so government doesn’t have to pay the hospital bills for the uninsured. 

26 minutes ago, T master said:

He may have lied about the election but what's the difference in those that are in place now using the socialist doctrine to remake the country ? 

Have all depend on the gov't for health care, take away their guns, flood the country with as many immigrants was possible so the financial structure of the country fails so all will be dependent on the gov't, create more sickness by allowing chemicals known to cause disease in our food sources, create hyper inflation .

Making of a myth is that the president gives a S**T about the country and it's future talk about a POS ... Plus the more illegals he let's in the more votes he'll get that's why he's AWOL while title 42 goes away & 83000 last week+ more than AT&T stadium holds at capacity came across the border .

But you don't care about that !! 

Who’s remaking America?

Which states are passing laws limiting the rights of people?

But you don’t care about that !!

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

I have an idea…. Let’s require people to have health insurance so government doesn’t have to pay the hospital bills for the uninsured. 

I have an idea.  Allow people to purchase Medicare based on income.  It becomes the low cost state option.  Cause private low cost insurance is garbage.  Eff.  High priced private insurance is garbage 

• Like (+1) 1