How Cheap Are You?

Chef Jim

On 5/14/2021 at 12:12 PM, PastaJoe said:

Given that I am retiring in 3 weeks I have decided to splurge. Instead of using a tea bag at work 4 times, in order to use up my remaining supply I’m only using them 2 times.

It would be nice if the 'Tea Fairy' would drop off a box to enable single dip teabags for the final countdown.

image.thumb.jpeg.e6b5a076cc24f503a7f05aa81f034bd4.jpeg

On 5/14/2021 at 12:24 PM, Jauronimo said:

Grilled some king crab legs this weekend and literally scraped the shells clean. Can't let a single morsel of meat go to waste. Crab legs don't grow on trees ya know.

I've heard they grow on crabs

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/8/2021 at 6:35 PM, Simon said:

You know how you throw out pennies because they're useless clutter?

A few days ago I tossed a couple nickels out the truck window and wondered if that was going to become a norm going forward.

the melt value of a pre-2015 nickel is 6 cents

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I always use self checkout at a grocery store even if there's a wait because I'm afraid a cashier will ask me to donate to a charity.  

I always say, "I did last time, but thanks."  I really didn't last time.

On 5/19/2021 at 3:30 AM, Doc Brown said:

I always use self checkout at a grocery store even if there's a wait because I'm afraid a cashier will ask me to donate to a charity.  

My response is usually: Do you know your store takes the money and then gives the money to the charity taking a tax write off and getting some publicity?  Really what you are asking is do I wish to donate to store.

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

My response is usually: Do you know your store takes the money and then gives the money to the charity taking a tax write off and getting some publicity?  Really what you are asking is do I wish to donate to store.

My response is, I really wish I wasn't behind that guy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I save soy sauce and hot mustard packets from take out Chinese.

I don't think that qualifies as cheap... more like not wasteful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I don't believe I am cheap since I do lots of fun things with my family but I want a good deal. I know every restaurants in my area who has "daily specials" and I get emails from a ton of restaurants. I explain to my kids we can't do everything but we can pick and choose to to anything we want if we are smart about it.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 2:37 PM, Seasons1992 said:

Try the Cabernet for $7.99. I was amazed at the quality.

Tried it last nite. It was 8.99 at the liquor store I went to. Was pleasantly surprised that it was drinkable, had bought a few beers along with me as a plan B in case it wasn't. Thanks for the tip.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.