Mac Jones vs Zach Wilson

Mac Jones vs Zach Wilson  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Which AFC East Rookie QB are you most worried about? (State reasoning)

• Mac Jones
    • Zach Wilson
    • Neither. Both will bust.

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

It's an improvement for sure but it's still bad relative to most teams in the NFL. I'm not really convinced that they have the talent at the skill positions to prop up what I believe are two bad starting QBs at this point in time.

Nothing offensively will ever help Cam Newton at this point, he is done in my opinion, but their TEs are now the best in division. Their RB maybe even 3rd down back is the best in their division, and their Oline is will be pretty good. Wide outs are an upgrade, anything is better from last year and the won seven games considering. BB could win with serviceable wide outs, don't need top tier wide outs win.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Stidham has played. And he has been terrible every time he has touched the field. So terrible, in fact, that they eventually chose to just stick with Cam Newton, who was the worst starting QB in the league last year and threw more interceptions than TD's.

that's not completely true...stidham in very very limited appearances (garbage time) had completed 50% percent of his passes with 2 TDs and 3 INTs. He doesn't see the field because the coaching staff does not believe he has what it takes to be a leader.(take charge kind of person) Really nobody knows what he is. That's not saying he is a hidden gem or could be a hidden gem. Just he didnt do enough in the off season/training camp for the coaching staff to think he wanted the job. 

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

that's not completely true...stidham in very very limited appearances (garbage time) had completed 50% percent of his passes with 2 TDs and 3 INTs. He doesn't see the field because the coaching staff does not believe he has what it takes to be a leader.(take charge kind of person) Really nobody knows what he is. That's not saying he is a hidden gem or could be a hidden gem. Just he didnt do enough in the off season/training camp for the coaching staff to think he wanted the job. 

That is just your own guess. What is it based on? It is far more likely that he just isn't good at playing. Maybe he can develop. That's always a possibility. But he has looked like hot garbage so far, as indicated by those horrible stats you included in your reply.

5 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Jets fan argued that Hackenburg might be a great QB because they never saw him play a down... ya know, until he was out of the league. Stidham has an advantage in that he's played a few downs to remove doubt. 

40 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Jets fan argued that Hackenburg might be a great QB because they never saw him play a down... ya know, until he was out of the league. Stidham has an advantage in that he's played a few downs to remove doubt. 

You are completely incorrect about Hackenburg we saw him in the AAF and he was impressive they benched him almost immediately. We know exactly how bad he was, even at a minor league level. Your point is completely valid but I wanted to mention how bad he was.

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Nothing offensively will ever help Cam Newton at this point, he is done in my opinion, but their TEs are now the best in division. Their RB maybe even 3rd down back is the best in their division, and their Oline is will be pretty good. Wide outs are an upgrade, anything is better from last year and the won seven games considering. BB could win with serviceable wide outs, don't need top tier wide outs win.   

Newton had a huge uphill battle last year with old injuries still effecting him, no offseason, a complicated offense, got COVID, etc.  To pencil in his last year's numbers for this year would be a serious leap to a conclusion.  I'm guessing starts every game for them this year, barring injury (which could easily happen).

As far as the rest of that team goes, we have them in QB1 and WR1 by a lot.  The rest of their entire team from owner, coach, facilities, players, etc. is equal or better than ours.  In spite of their terrible offense last year, they're D let up fewer points than us and only broke down at the end of the season when it was pretty clear they weren't going anywhere.  

Last year was exactly that, last year.  I expect to beat them, but I don't expect to beat them twice again.  

21 hours ago, MJS said:

That is just your own guess. What is it based on? It is far more likely that he just isn't good at playing. Maybe he can develop. That's always a possibility. But he has looked like hot garbage so far, as indicated by those horrible stats you included in your reply.

I am from Boston. It was reported the coaching staff does not like the fact he doesn't have that take charge attitude. Over the summer when he should of came into camp with the intend to beat out whoever was there, he was back home attending a wedding. Then he got hurt in camp and again never really acted like he wanted it bad enough. 

17 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

yea that organization man...just something about them i feel whoever goes there will always suck no matter what. Watch Darnold become most improved player next year. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 hour ago, P Riv said:

Newton had a huge uphill battle last year with old injuries still effecting him, no offseason, a complicated offense, got COVID, etc.  To pencil in his last year's numbers for this year would be a serious leap to a conclusion.  I'm guessing starts every game for them this year, barring injury (which could easily happen).

As far as the rest of that team goes, we have them in QB1 and WR1 by a lot.  The rest of their entire team from owner, coach, facilities, players, etc. is equal or better than ours.  In spite of their terrible offense last year, they're D let up fewer points than us and only broke down at the end of the season when it was pretty clear they weren't going anywhere.  

Last year was exactly that, last year.  I expect to beat them, but I don't expect to beat them twice again.  

Newton is just god awful. i dont wanna spend a whole year watching his hurky/jerky throwing motion, oh god no! But you are right, i think that will be the case. More than likely BB is going to "red shirt" Jones for a year and play Newton. Unless Jones really shows signs of being ready now plus injuries like you said. 

Yea i can say that is a fair assessment for both team. Yea, NE defense from last year will not be the same in anyway this season. That was the COVID-team so to speak. BB didnt intent to play some of the players he had to player. at times he was using Safeties as LBs because they were so thin. This year i expect them to be totally different, very solid and deep on the defensive side of the ball. They should make the playoffs/wild card should be able to compete for the division....keyword: should be...but we will see.  

Edited by Ghost_002!

I think that he did what was asked of him for the most part.  They were very conservative in the passing department and totally dependant on the run game.  With a better team around him on both sides of the ball, another year in the system, etc., I just don't expect the same thing from him or them as a team.  I suspect they will be trouble.  Notes on his passing, for perspective: https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2021/03/12/cam-newton-2020-season-advanced-stats

5 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Watch Darnold become most improved player next year. 

If that happens Gase shouldn't be allowed near a Quarterback ever again, Tannehill thrived once he left, and if Darnold does too Gase is the common denominator.

• Agree 2

Zach Wilson, basically because he plays for the Jets. The Jets can and will destroy anything or anyone they touch.

The Patriots at least have Josh McDaniels (despicable human but good coach) that can make an offensive gamelan around what he has available. 

Maybe Saleh changes the Jets but I wouldn't put my paycheck on it.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:44 PM, Ghost_002! said:

To add..most Franchises do not follow up with the second coming to their Franchise QB.

Saint didn't 

Pittsburgh doesn't have one

Colts had to tank to get luck which he became injured 

Denver didn't w Elway..and waited awhile to get Manning 

The fins didn't after Marino..there are a host of other teams. 

BB does deserve some criticism for drafting but you guys are not doing your homework 

Cause he drafts decent defensive players..he sucks on the offensive end of the ball but again most Franchises do not draft their second coming..

Who knows if Love can play after Rodgers leaves...

I mean, we drafted Josh when Nate Peterman was in the building. So who is to say…