Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

meh. Homeschooling, Charters, private are all seeing more students as the public schools continue to circle the drain and fail today's youth.

Maybe if the schools thought things like math and science through graduation, we wouldn't have this huge number of kids that think they are ready for college but drop out/fail out the first year. driving up cost and the college debt bubble. and putting themselves behind the eight-ball going into life.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Precision said:

No surprise that Millennials, the worst generation, continues to stay liberal.  Worst employees I ever had to manage, were always the Millennials.   

I blame most of the parents of my generation for coddling their children and protecting them from any hardships or problems previous generations of teens learned to deal with leaving them incapable of adapting to the challenges of life as adults.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Precision said:

No surprise that Millennials, the worst generation, continues to stay liberal.  Worst employees I ever had to manage, were always the Millennials.  

Social media has ruined them

7 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I blame most of the parents of my generation for coddling their children and protecting them from any hardships or problems previous generations of teens learned to deal with leaving them incapable of adapting to the challenges of life as adults.

Yeah.  It's like now you have to talk about a problem for hours instead of powering through it, and that leads to more anxiety. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I don't have enough insight to place blame but that makes sense.  My experience was with the results and as employees they were collectively the lowest performers.  The Gen-Z kids right out of school were putting in much more effort and though they lacked the experience, were outperforming their higher paid Millennial co-workers.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Social media has ruined them

Yeah.  It's like now you have to talk about a problem for hours instead of powering through it, and that leads to more anxiety. 

Or you don't want to work on the problem yourself, you need to solve in collectively/collaboratively.

Or you made some progress, so you get to leave work after only working for 6 hours.

Or you didn't make any progress, but you've been at work for almost 8 hours, so you go home so work doesn't interfere with your work-life balance.

Or you want to work from home 3 days per week even though all of your tasks require you to be on-site and in the lab.

Or you don't like to go to meetings but are upset if you aren't invited to all of them even if they don't pertain to you or your job function.

Or you're sad because work isn't fun, and you want more pizza parties.

Or you now have more pizza parties but you're still sad because they are boring.

Or you complain to HR that everyone doesn't have the same salary because it seems like life isn't fair.

Or you complain about the 401K plan that contributes more to employees with higher salaries.

See Doc, now you got me all spun up, this is why I retired!

😀

3 minutes ago, Precision said:

Or you don't want to work on the problem yourself, you need to solve in collectively/collaboratively.

Or you made some progress, so you get to leave work after only working for 6 hours.

Or you didn't make any progress, but you've been at work for almost 8 hours, so you go home so work doesn't interfere with your work-life balance.

Or you want to work from home 3 days per week even though all of your tasks require you to be on-site and in the lab.

Or you don't like to go to meetings but are upset if you aren't invited to all of them even if they don't pertain to you or your job function.

Or you're sad because work isn't fun, and you want more pizza parties.

Or you now have more pizza parties but you're still sad because they are boring.

Or you complain to HR that everyone doesn't have the same salary because it seems like life isn't fair.

Or you complain about the 401K plan that contributes more to employees with higher salaries.

See Doc, now you got me all spun up, this is why I retired!

😀

Sorry.  But hey, at least you're retired.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Every single accusation is a projection. Every single one. 

Well, I don't know if every single one is, but there sure are a lot.

When I was a kid in a Catholic High School, they invited this guy to come talk to us about his mission rescuing NYC street kids:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/13/this-nyc-priests-dramatic-downfall-was-just-the-beginning-of-perv-priest-scandals/

My friends and I joked about how he seemed like a perv.

Oh.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, I don't know if every single one is, but there sure are a lot.

When I was a kid in a Catholic High School, they invited this guy to come talk to us about his mission rescuing NYC street kids:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/13/this-nyc-priests-dramatic-downfall-was-just-the-beginning-of-perv-priest-scandals/

My friends and I joked about how he seemed like a perv.

Oh.

Same. Went to private school for middle school, and we had a new science teacher. Middle aged guy. Super loud and friendly but we noticed that he was awful “friendly” with the girls, some of whom would stay after class to talk and joke with him. 

Three years later he was arrested for sexting and exchanging nude pictures with a 12-year-old who originally started talking to him because her parents were divorcing.