Anybody See The Red Sox Uniform's They Are Wearing Patriots Day Weekend?

Irv

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Homage to the Boston Marathon.

Blue pants would look sharp, instead of the grey.

Homage to Dysentery

Edited by Irv

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

What's Patriots Day weekend?

Patriots Day (not named for the NFL team) is an official municipal holiday Monday in Suffolk County, MA (Boston) - it is not even a state holiday. When I first moved to the area I thought it was total B.S.

Two things traditionally happen on Patriots Day - 1) The Boston Marathon 2) Red Sox home day game

While the historical origins of the holiday are dubious, I quickly learned that this holiday makes abundant sense as Boston cannot function as a city and conduct normal daily business with a Marathon and a baseball game going on at the same time - streets are closed, traffic is a nightmare, public transit is ridiculous. Basically, if they make it a holiday businesses in the city have a reason to give employees the day off and the reduced daily influx of people makes the day manageable - otherwise it would be complete chaos.

Don't even ask me about "Evacuation Day" - another made-up B.S. holiday in Boston that just so happens to fall on St. Patrick's Day in a heavily Irish city.....

• Like (+1) 2

when i lived in boston, patriots day was great.  you'd get the day off, and drink like you were going off to war, just for the sake of watching runners destroy themselves. we would watch at the top of heart break hill, and wow were some people out of it.  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, teef said:

when i lived in boston, patriots day was great.  you'd get the day off, and drink like you were going off to war, just for the sake of watching runners destroy themselves. we would watch at the top of heart break hill, and wow were some people out of it.  

That sounds like a wonderful time. These are the types of holidays I get behind.

17 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

What's with the Boston hate?  It is just b/c New England has owned the Bills for the last 20 years? 

Boston is one of my favorite cities in America; have a few good friends from that area.

City full of obnoxious massholes who got far too many championships across all sports. Most of which are rivals to more local teams (Pats vs Bills, Bruins vs Sabres, Red Sox vs Yanks). Worst fans in all the leagues.

And that is just on the sports front.

• Agree 2

On 4/6/2021 at 5:25 PM, Nextmanup said:

What's with the Boston hate?  It is just b/c New England has owned the Bills for the last 20 years? 

Boston is one of my favorite cities in America; have a few good friends from that area.

I hate the Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins & Celtics.  I hope none of those teams make the playoffs or have a winning record until the Sun turns into a red giant.   I can't stand Boston fans, New England fans in general, clam chowder, and foliage.  I like to hear "r's" when they're part of a word.  If Boston decided to secede from the union, I would support the move.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.