Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Oh wait is this the CodePink thing from months ago? She was insinuating that CodePink was a CCP-funded influence op like TikTok is. Like I said, im surprised you support the CCP!

I get that conservatives can’t handle nuance because they can’t comprehend anything beyond 8th grade, but hope that helps. 

😂😂😂😂 grasping at straws. Get a job.

What is your political identity again? For my 7th grade reading level......

58 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Blake  =  Tibs  (?) most Dems

FIFY.  The 10M+ illegals already in the country and causing even large cities to declare a state of emergency are all the fault of the Repubs because they're not agreeing to let 1.8M/year in going forward:rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

Washington State Misappropriated $340 Million in COVID Relief Funds for Illegal Alien Giveaways

c81876ba-fcc4-47ed-a187-8901bc87f2a2-105

Washington state used hundreds of millions of federal COVID relief funds to provide giveaways to the state's illegal immigrant population, a new report has concluded. 

In April 2021, the state legislature approved $340 million in funding as part of the Immigrant Relief Fund that, according to its annual report, was designed to provide "targeted community engagement, communications development efforts, and trusted messengers to encourage eligible community members to apply."

However, what has only just emerged was that the money for that program came from the federally approved American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), which provided $350 billion for local governments “to support their response to and recovery from the COVID-19 public health emergency.”

The Economic Policy Innovation Center explained in its latest report: 

https://redstate.com/benkew/2024/02/04/washington-state-misappropriated-340-million-in-covid-relief-fund-for-illegal-alien-giveaways-n2169623

You can have mass immigration if you have government and economic systems similar to 1880s or 1920s America.  

We don’t.  This makes mass immigration and open borders nothing more than a global welfare scam.  

Of course the sad part is 1000s truly want a better life.  They’re the victims of this all now to.   

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Damn them for actually trying to get something done. Don’t you know the Republicans job is to just be obstructionist in every way.

It’s not like their job isn’t to work for the American people all of the American people

Can we stop giving money to Ukraine? Seriously when does it end?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

The bill basically ends asylum in the U.S. and beefs up funding to ICE to unprecedented levels, what more do you want? Minutemen missles trained on the border ready to go?

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

The bill basically ends asylum in the U.S. and beefs up funding to ICE to unprecedented levels, what more do you want? Minutemen missles trained on the border ready to go?

Even you can see the problems with this proposed bill. It's not at all about the border.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Even you can see the problems with this proposed bill. It's not at all about the border.

Of course I see problems with the bill. Only 50,000 visas is a joke 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Of course I see problems with the bill. Only 50,000 visas is a joke 

I stand corrected, you can not see the problems with the proposed bill. I will take this into account on any of your posts from now on.

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

from what country, and what kind of visa?

Sorry, meant green cards. 50k per year is a drop in the bucket compared to the backlog of applicants we already haves. Should be 75-100k per year.

Of that, only 18k per year is increasing for employment. That’s a joke - the backlog from India alone is 1.1 million!!

I am pleased that the afghan adjustment act is in there, though 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Sorry, meant green cards. 50k per year is a drop in the bucket compared to the backlog of applicants we already haves. Should be 75-100k per year.

Of that, only 18k per year is increasing for employment. That’s a joke - the backlog from India alone is 1.1 million!!

So you want 100K more work visas from India?  Temp or full?  

What does that have to do with the border?  

Edited by Tommy Callahan

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

So you want 100K more work visas from India?  

What does that have to do with the border?  

@wnyguy asked if I saw problems with the bill, I answered what they were. 

Asylum is a human right and a principle of America. 

5 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I stand corrected, you can not see the problems with the proposed bill. I will take this into account on any of your posts from now on.

I literally gave you problems I have with the Bill. It ends a fundamental human right and will harm our economy. 

• Eyeroll 1

at the first country, even by UN laws it's up to the third country.

So, you don't even want work Visas from India increased. you want to provide hundreds of thousands of asylum visas to Indians?  for what?  are they at war?  persecuted?

And again, has absolutely nothing to do with our southern border.

15 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Oh look another LARPer who thinks he’s special for reading publicly available documents. Wait until he discovers the Federal Register 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

at the first country, even by UN laws it's up to the third country.

So, you don't even want work Visas from India increased. you want to provide hundreds of thousands of asylum visas to Indians?  for what?  are they at war?  persecuted?

And again, has absolutely nothing to do with our southern border.

Dude I said I want more work visas. We need more educated immigrants. Stop being dense. 

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Voters will remember Republican obstructionists in November. 

• Eyeroll 1

You said work visas.  Then said asylum.  

Start making sense.  

What voters.  The millions of illegals you want to add to the rolls.  

Cause cities already flaring up about services moving from the voters, to the illegals.  

5 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Start making sense.  

Cause cities already flaring up about services moving from the voters, to the illegals.  

Moving the goalposts?

Commies?

No friggin way!

33 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Start making sense.  

I want more immigration, period. It’s good for the economy. 18k extra work visas a year and 32k extra residential visas is a joke. Plus the Bill kills asylum which is not acceptable to me. 

We need more immigrants. We have always been a nation of immigrants and that will not change. 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I want more immigration, period. It’s good for the economy. 18k extra work visas a year and 32k extra residential visas is a joke. Plus the Bill kills asylum which is not acceptable to me. 

We need more immigrants. We have always been a nation of immigrants and that will not change. 

So right off the bat, if talking asylum from India.

It should only be for the untouchables (Dalits) as they are treated as subhuman by the Indian government/Caste system.

Not so much for the Kshatriyas and Vaishyas that are anything but persecuted in India.  

Why would we provide asylum to people not fleeing strife or war?  that's what asylum is for.