Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Any reason why the Republicans are not taking the financial aid the Biden is offering for the border?

🐿️  🐿️  🐿️

ENFORCE THE LAWS WE HAVE NOW. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 House Democrats Vote To Denounce Biden Admin’s ‘Open-Borders Policies’
By Daniel Chaitin

Fourteen House Democrats voted to denounce the Biden administration‘s “open-borders policies” on Wednesday amid a surge in crossings and blue cities around the country getting overwhelmed with migrants.

The group of party defectors joined with all voting Republicans in passing a resolution introduced by Rep. Nathaniel Moran (R-TX). 

In addition to denouncing the policies, the resolution condemned the “national security and public safety crisis along the southwest border” and urged President Joe Biden to “end his administration’s open-borders policies.”

Among the 14 who broke ranks was Rep. Colin Allred (D-TX), a former Tennessee Titans linebacker and Obama administration official who is taking on Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) in the 2024 election. The others were

Reps. Yadira Caraveo (D-CO),

Angie Craig (D-MN),

Henry Cuellar (D-TX),

Donald Davis (D-NC),

Jared Golden (D-ME),

Vicente Gonzalez (D-TX),

Greg Landsman (D-OH),

Susie Lee (D-NV),

Jared Moskowitz (D-FL),

Wiley Nickel (D-NC),

Mary Peltola (D-AK),

Marie Gluesenkamp Perez (D-WA), and

Eric Sorensen (D-IL).

“Most of us understand that nations need borders, those borders should be secured, and we should enforce the immigration laws on the books. Most of us also understand that those seeking entry to our country deserve an orderly and predictable immigration process. Right now we have problems on both fronts,” Golden said in a statement.

“Illegal immigration threatens our national security and undermines American jobs,” he added. “It’s time for Congress and the Biden administration to come together and pass legislation to meaningfully address issues at the border. It should be a top priority in Washington, just like it is in most of America.”

The bipartisan vote took place as impeachment hearings against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas get underway this month and on the same day congressional leaders met with Biden at the White House to discuss a national security funding request for U.S. allis such as Ukraine and Israel, as well as border security while the Democrat-led Senate tried to hash out a deal.

“I told President Biden: it’s on you,” House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) said in a post to X. “Your policies created the border crisis. Your executive action can end it. House Republicans will continue to demand transformative policy change and hold this administration accountable until the border is secure.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/14-house-democrats-vote-to-denounce-biden-admins-open-borders-policies

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Things are so ass-backwards the administration will probably threaten to send Federal law enforcement to force Texas state law enforcement to keep the border open.  Imagine that happening in any other country.  Insanity rules.  House republicans looking to make a deal is appeasement. 

Give Biden a choice, either shut down the border or shut down the government.  His choice.  Make a stand, now.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Things are so ass-backwards the administration will probably threaten to send Federal law enforcement to force Texas state law enforcement to keep the border open.  Imagine that happening in any other country.  Insanity rules.  House republicans looking to make a deal is appeasement. 

Give Biden a choice, either shut down the border or shut down the government.  His choice.  Make a stand, now.

Yup.  And public polling is not on Joke's side.

• Like (+1) 1

Joe said what?

Got to check this out, and the video included:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/10/politics/kfile-biden-drugs-fence-2006/index.html

“Folks, I voted for a fence, I voted, unlike most Democrats – and some of you won’t like it – I voted for 700 miles of fence,” Biden told the group.

Biden continued. “And let me tell you something folks, people are driving across that border with tons, tons, hear me, tons of everything from byproducts for methamphetamine to cocaine to heroin and it’s all coming up through corrupt Mexico.”

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Joe said what?

Got to check this out, and the video included:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/10/politics/kfile-biden-drugs-fence-2006/index.html

“Folks, I voted for a fence, I voted, unlike most Democrats – and some of you won’t like it – I voted for 700 miles of fence,” Biden told the group.

Biden continued. “And let me tell you something folks, people are driving across that border with tons, tons, hear me, tons of everything from byproducts for methamphetamine to cocaine to heroin and it’s all coming up through corrupt Mexico.”

Biden isn't the one holding up a border deal. The GOP is. Trump is

Fix the border! 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Fix the entire system. Think Canadian immigration practices as an example?

Trump's obstructionism on the border is inexcusable. There's an invasion taking place and he loves it! 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump's obstructionism on the border is inexcusable. There's an invasion taking place and he loves it! 

Biden is president.  Dems have the Senate.   Dems ran on sanctuary status.  Sit down. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

Migrants ?

I think not.

Dude missed out on some great target practice.  Hell with them fellas. Buzzards got eat same as worms.  

8 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

They will nail you cause it used a pic from 2019 while just ignoring how all these people from all over the world are at our southern border. 

The tweet literally says "with the buzz about migrants on flights, you may wonder how this is being done." The photo is deceptive since it is obvious how THAT particular individual got on a plane: he is a refugee, being resettled abroad from Chad. So I'm kinda not "wondering."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Does the plan include vetting. Every person that comes over the border?  

Be like Canada and deport anyone who's visa expires?  

It's all about "compassion"...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Does the plan include vetting. Every person that comes over the border?  

Be like Canada and deport anyone who's visa expires?  

Just like the flow of migrants didn't matter until they were inconvenienced in their sanctuary cities, the libs won't start caring about terror threats (they only care about the domestic one's the government manufacturers for now) until they start getting blown up.  Even then, fools they are, the wokest will somehow manage to victimize the perps.  Until then, deaf ears. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Just like the flow of migrants didn't matter until they were inconvenienced in their sanctuary cities, the libs won't start caring about terror threats (they only care about the domestic one's the government manufacturers for now) until they start getting blown up.  Even then, fools they are, the wokest will somehow manage to victimize the perps.  Until then, deaf ears. 

Yup.  Look at the Israel-Hamas war.

4 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

For who.  The migrants raped, murdered and assaulted on the trip?  

No.  They don't care about them.

• Agree 1

either Biden wants a civil war, is trying to endanger/destabilize the country, is refusing his duty to uphold the Constitution, is trampling on state sovereignty, or trying to manufacture a new dependent voting bloc - or probably a combination of all.

....but - but - but - ..... "migrants" are good for the economy !

Right now they are squatting in airports. Congrats Joe. You've created a humanitarian crisis and are causing harm to communities. It's no wonder (illegal) immigration is top of mind for primary voters.

https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/press/Border_Statement_1.24.2024.pdf

• Agree 1

On 1/23/2024 at 2:18 PM, Tommy Callahan said:

Are states resisting him due to his open incompetence 

For who.  The migrants raped, murdered and assaulted on the trip?  

This should be the last straw. Biden should do what was done during the 1950s and send in the 101st airborne to ensure compliance. Enough toddlers throwing tantrums about bedtime. Comply or face the consequences. 

• Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Migrants staying at Boston's Logan Airport.

About 100 migrants were reportedly staying at Logan again last week

"About 100 migrants were reportedly staying in a corner of Logan Airport recently as Massachusetts continues to struggle with an emergency shelter system that is bursting at the seams."

"The Healey administration has estimated that the situation will cost more than $900 million annually in fiscal years 2024 and 2025."

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

This should be the last straw. Biden should do what was done during the 1950s and send in the 101st airborne to ensure compliance. Enough toddlers throwing tantrums about bedtime. Comply or face the consequences. 

He should do it.  Might as well sink his approval rating on illegal immigration to zero...

• Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

He should do it.  Might as well sink his approval rating on illegal immigration to zero...

Actually I think slapping Texas back into compliance will be a very popular move. 

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

what would trump do if a governor defied a SCOTUS ruling?

Biden should simply continue with his student loan forgiveness plan then! 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Actually I think slapping Texas back into compliance will be a very popular move. 

Biden should simply continue with his student loan forgiveness plan then! 

And write an EO making abortion the law of the land and jam pack the court - who cares about the constitution, right?

People who support this POS don’t give a fk about the constitution:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7lbaieecge5tg89wht6