Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

CNN actually has the border on the front page.  Shows a picture that kind of proves walls work to boot.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/26/americas/migrants-wait-northern-mexico/index.html

Who funds the NGO's providing the logistics and communications?  

http://Refugee Council USA is a coalition of organizations committed to welcoming and protecting refugees. InterAction is the largest alliance of U.S.-based international nongovernmental organizations.

ITs a web of groups that funds Refugee council USA. 

https://rcusa.org/members/

https://refugees.org/uscri-calls-on-congress-to-prioritize-human-rights-amidst-budgetary-negotiations/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=uscri-calls-on-congress-to-prioritize-human-rights-amidst-budgetary-negotiations

http://Current negotiations surrounding President Biden’s proposed budget have included suggested rollbacks of critical asylum protections, such as raising the credible fear standard, increasing immigration detention, and removing the long-standing, Congressionally-created parole authority. Negotiations over the Fiscal Year 2024 federal budget in September included similar anti-asylum proposals that would endanger families and children fleeing violence and persecution. Harmful proposals were again floated in late October and early November as budget talks recommenced in light of the 45-day continuing resolution’s pending expiration on November 17. The latest bipartisan collaboration on proposals to chip away at asylum protections are particularly concerning and contrary to fundamental American values.

The 2020-2021 stimy sure helped their 1.5 billion dollar budget.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1319

What a moron.

Biden mocked for claiming he doesn't have the money to protect the border: 'Enforce the law!'

'Well, we gotta do something,' Biden said, 'They ought to give me the money I need to protect the border'

By Alexander Hall 

President Biden was slammed by critics for his comments about doing "something" at America’s southern border, which is facing unprecedented levels of illegal immigrant crossings. Sources with Customs and Border Protection told Fox News Digital that migrant encounters hit a staggering 300,000 incidents in December 2023, reaching a level thought unimaginable just years ago. It is the highest total for a single month ever recorded and also the first time migrant encounters have exceeded 300,000.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-mocked-claiming-doesnt-money-protect-border-enforce-law

• Eyeroll 1

On 12/28/2023 at 9:50 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

CNN actually has the border on the front page.  Shows a picture that kind of proves walls work to boot.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/26/americas/migrants-wait-northern-mexico/index.html

Who funds the NGO's providing the logistics and communications?  

http://Refugee Council USA is a coalition of organizations committed to welcoming and protecting refugees. InterAction is the largest alliance of U.S.-based international nongovernmental organizations.

ITs a web of groups that funds Refugee council USA. 

https://rcusa.org/members/

https://refugees.org/uscri-calls-on-congress-to-prioritize-human-rights-amidst-budgetary-negotiations/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=uscri-calls-on-congress-to-prioritize-human-rights-amidst-budgetary-negotiations

http://Current negotiations surrounding President Biden’s proposed budget have included suggested rollbacks of critical asylum protections, such as raising the credible fear standard, increasing immigration detention, and removing the long-standing, Congressionally-created parole authority. Negotiations over the Fiscal Year 2024 federal budget in September included similar anti-asylum proposals that would endanger families and children fleeing violence and persecution. Harmful proposals were again floated in late October and early November as budget talks recommenced in light of the 45-day continuing resolution’s pending expiration on November 17. The latest bipartisan collaboration on proposals to chip away at asylum protections are particularly concerning and contrary to fundamental American values.

The 2020-2021 stimy sure helped their 1.5 billion dollar budget.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1319

They need to publicly out those who are supplying the money for these illegals, many who don't have 2 pennies to rub together, to make the long and expensive trek.  Coyotes don't work for free.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Since they lost control of the abortion issue - they will do NOTHING to help with the border but bich about it.

Johnson is right about one thing: more money alone will not fix the problem. We do need fixes in the immigration/asylum laws and procedures.

But I fear you are right about there being more interest on the Republican side at keeping the issue alive by refusing to hammer out a compromise that actually helps us deal with the fact of massive/organized illegal immigration.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Johnson is right about one thing: more money alone will not fix the problem. We do need fixes in the immigration/asylum laws and procedures.

But I fear you are right about there being more interest on the Republican side at keeping the issue alive by refusing to hammer out a compromise that actually helps us deal with the fact of massive/organized illegal immigration.

Right.  Dems want illegals because they want to give them citizenship and hoping they are grateful and vote Dem.  That and allegedly needing them to pick fruit...

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Since virtually everyone alive other than Tiberius sees the current situation as a problem, it should be very easy for the democrats and their big media allies to paint republicans as the baddies if they reject a compromise that actually addresses the problem. Right? Seems like a win-win for democrats. I will wait patiently for their plan that actually addresses the problem. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It’s just so interesting how this challenge at the border is covered so much more in Texas than it is in California

Almost like it’s not a challenge at the border in California

I wonder why it is

Do you think it might be partially due to California having 140 miles of border with Mexico vs the 1241 miles Texas has? Maybe? Or is it just the awesomeness of California governance and welcoming citizens?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

Do you think it might be partially due to California having 140 miles of border with Mexico vs the 1241 miles Texas has? Maybe? Or is it just the awesomeness of California governance and welcoming citizens?

I would think that if this was such a crisis like we have never seen, we would also have this in California we don’t

On 1/4/2024 at 1:00 PM, Doc said:

Right.  Dems want illegals because they want to give them citizenship and hoping they are grateful and vote Dem.  That and allegedly needing them to pick fruit...

And on the reverse of that Republicans are scared shitless of immigrants who come in gain citizenship and vote against them because it’s been proven try my time again that’s what happens

My question for this has been recently. Biden is offering billions of dollars and a to fix or at least try to fix the border issue which is a real issue and the Republicans are spitting on it. Why are they doing that?

They want more?

Or

Because they don’t really care about the border and are just using it for a political issue

29 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

would think that if this was such a crisis like we have never seen, we would also have this in California we don’t

So when Fetterman says “there’s a crisis at the border and I don’t know how anyone could pretend that there isn’t” (his exact words) do you think he’s talking out his ear? It seems like he’s talking about people like you. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would think that if this was such a crisis like we have never seen, we would also have this in California we don’t

And on the reverse of that Republicans are scared shitless of immigrants who come in gain citizenship and vote against them because it’s been proven try my time again that’s what happens

My question for this has been recently. Biden is offering billions of dollars and a to fix or at least try to fix the border issue which is a real issue and the Republicans are spitting on it. Why are they doing that?

They want more?

Or

Because they don’t really care about the border and are just using it for a political issue

They don't invade through California because there's no one coming from the West.  They're mostly coming from South and Central America and Mexico and the cartels are setup for it.  Why would they go 500 miles to the West?

And no the primary reason we don't want illegals invading the country is because we don't know anything about them and they're a burden when we can't even feed, house and clothe the people we already have here.  If your whole reason for supporting them invading is "well, my side will get more votes," that's a ***** reason. 

And don't make me laugh about Joke offering any money to fix the problem.  He's doing the opposite.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

They don't invade through California because there's no one coming from the West.  They're mostly coming from South and Central America and Mexico and the cartels are setup for it.  Why would they go 500 miles to the West?

And no the primary reason we don't want illegals invading the country is because we don't know anything about them and they're a burden when we can't even feed, house and clothe the people we already have here.  If your whole reason for supporting them invading is "well, my side will get more votes," that's a ***** reason. 

And don't make me laugh about Joke offering any money to fix the problem.  He's doing the opposite.

We don’t have a Mexico border

Come on man

41 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

So when Fetterman says “there’s a crisis at the border and I don’t know how anyone could pretend that there isn’t” (his exact words) do you think he’s talking out his ear? It seems like he’s talking about people like you. 

We don’t have a crisis at the border anymore than we have a crisis at the border with any other president

That is the point I’m trying to make it. We didn’t all of a sudden wake up and have this crisis at the border two years ago.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Come on man

We don’t have a crisis at the border anymore than we have a crisis at the border with any other president

That is the point I’m trying to make it. We didn’t all of a sudden wake up and have this crisis at the border two years ago.

You are willfully blind and happy to be so because of politics. There are many like you. Glad Fetterman is not one and hopefully he can make enough noise to wake some people up. 

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

You are willfully blind and happy to be so because of politics. There are many like you. Glad Fetterman is not one and hopefully he can make enough noise to wake some people up. 

I’m not a far leftist, so I am not upset by Fetterman‘s words like some others are

58 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Come on man

What are you talking about?  Do you own a map?

And yeah, there's a crisis at the border.  You just don't care because potentially more voters will vote your way. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Oh boy
Are you saying that California doesn’t have a border with Mexico?

They do. It’s all of 140 miles long. Perhaps a picture will help you understand the situation though it’s doubtful. If you look at this map and consider what part of Mexico borders California and then further consider that part of Mexico is completely surrounded by water, do you get an idea of why there’s less of a problem than in the states of Arizona and Texas? They are located to the right of California in the picture. Below those states you will see the country of Mexico. Below Mexico are many other Latin countries sending us immigrants. They would probably like Baja and Chula Vista but it’s a little too far to walk don’t you think? 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽🤦🏽‍♀️

IMG_1948.gif

Edited by JDHillFan
Additional map explanation for those that don’t understand geography
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

They do. It’s all of 140 miles long. Perhaps a picture will help you understand the situation though it’s doubtful. If you look at this map and consider what part of Mexico borders California and then further consider that part of Mexico is completely surrounded by water, do you get an idea of why there’s less of a problem than in the states of Arizona and Texas? They are located to the right of California in the picture. Below those states you will see the country of Mexico. Below Mexico are many other Latin countries sending us immigrants. They would probably like Baja and Chula Vista but it’s a little too far to walk don’t you think? 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽🤦🏽‍♀️

IMG_1948.gif

So we do share a border with Mexico

Thank you for the map

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Oh boy
Are you saying that California doesn’t have a border with Mexico?

No because of course it does.  You said "We don't have a Mexico border."

53 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Thank you for the map

OK, now that we have that settled, and...?

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Thank you for the map

You are very welcome. You seem to be very unfamiliar with our southern border.  Glad I could help. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Come on man

It’s always funny of how wrong you are in everything you say but are still the most confident inside your thoughts. It’s hilarious 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

It’s always funny of how wrong you are in everything you say but are still the most confident inside your thoughts. It’s hilarious 

It's "not a crisis" because Dems want more voters.  Who will only continue destroying the country.

On 1/6/2024 at 9:52 PM, John from Riverside said:

would think that if this was such a crisis like we have never seen, we would also have this in California we don’t

Why is Biden asking for help from Mexico with this phony crisis when all he has to do is treat Arizona and Texas as though they are California?