Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

Again, republicans miss the point. Controlled opposition Cruz continues to root his arguments in leftist frames. 

No, I do not care about the lives of illegal immigrants. Neither should you. The United States is not a “nation of immigrants.” Never was.

Yes, it’s funny that people that voted for disastrous immigration policies can’t deal with 50 of the results for more than 24 hours. But they aren’t hypocrites, they’re evil: they voted for these policies because they create destructive and unlivable conditions for those in Texas, Arizona, Florida, etc. They understood very well what it meant for these communities, and now that Abbott, DeSantis, et al are shipping the problem to them, they shriek because the idea was to punish their enemies, not themselves. 

By transporting migrants, GOP governors are exposing Democrats’ hypocrisy

by Michael Goodwin

Next time, Joe Biden should be more precise when he calls for national unity. Because he and his fellow Democrats don’t like the kind of unity they’re getting from Republican governors. The decision by GOP leaders in Texas, Florida and Arizona to “share” their abundance of foreign migrants with northern cities and states that boast of their sanctuary status is apparently not a gift the Dems appreciate. In fact, the president and his party are so mad they’re setting fire to the welcome wagons. Shipping the migrants north is outrageous, a stunt, pure politics, they wail

https://nypost.com/2022/09/17/by-transporting-migrants-gop-governors-exposing-democrats-hypocrisy/

• Like (+1) 1

@aristocrat

“I see the dems inaction on the border as indefensible and abhorrent. They put Harris in charge who says the border is secure and just fine. Meanwhile record numbers dead coming across. But please get mad and keep calling republicans racist for simply trying to get some action done on securing the border.  Dems hold power across the government and have done nothing but scream racism any time any body brings up the problems. “

Now they were in the proper thread and we can keep the other one to DeSantis and his illegal actions:

- I haven’t called anyone racist

- Dems have passed several immigration changes in the house and Republicans won’t break the filibuster.

- Biden has issues some Executive actions and he should do more.

The border isn’t perfect but we shouldn’t allow someone to treat people as political pawns for their political aspirations.

Hopefully Dems and Republicans can work together and pass immigration reform.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

@aristocrat

“I see the dems inaction on the border as indefensible and abhorrent. They put Harris in charge who says the border is secure and just fine. Meanwhile record numbers dead coming across. But please get mad and keep calling republicans racist for simply trying to get some action done on securing the border.  Dems hold power across the government and have done nothing but scream racism any time any body brings up the problems. “

Now they were in the proper thread and we can keep the other one to DeSantis and his illegal actions:

- I haven’t called anyone racist

- Dems have passed several immigration changes in the house and Republicans won’t break the filibuster.

- Biden has issues some Executive actions and he should do more.

The border isn’t perfect but we shouldn’t allow someone to treat people as political pawns for their political aspirations.

Hopefully Dems and Republicans can work together and pass immigration reform.

the dems use the migrants as pawns more than the republicans do. They’re plan is to entice them over this flooding the border knowing that the republicans will complain about the inaction. Then just to simply call the republicans racist for mentioning it. Literally the playbook here. 

they could care less about how many of them die and are raped on the way over. Doesn’t even phase them. Just scoring political points virtue signaling 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

the dems use the migrants as pawns more than the republicans do. They’re plan is to entice them over this flooding the border knowing that the republicans will complain about the inaction. Then just to simply call the republicans racist for mentioning it. Literally the playbook here. 

they could care less about how many of them die and are raped on the way over. Doesn’t even phase them. Just scoring political points virtue signaling 

Interesting opinion. Thank you for sharing.

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Yup.  But oh noes, they're being sent to Martha's Vineyard or NYC and that's cruel. :rolleyes:

• Agree 1

On 9/16/2022 at 10:06 AM, Tiberius said:

No way will comprehensive immigration policy reform get through Congress. Heck the GOP wanted to throw the DOCA people out of the country, how do you reach an agreement with people like that? 

In 2020 I voted in my 12th presidential election.  I'm scratching my head trying to think of one where "immigration reform" was not an issue.  Coming up blank.  They don't want to solve it.  if they did they would have by now.  Bottom line, America loves cheap labor.  That's what this is all about IMHO.

15 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

In 2020 I voted in my 12th presidential election.  I'm scratching my head trying to think of one where "immigration reform" was not an issue.  Coming up blank.  They don't want to solve it.  if they did they would have by now.  Bottom line, America loves cheap labor.  That's what this is all about IMHO.

And Tibs had proven time and time by his statements he loves keeping those brown people poor. 

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Yes.  

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

The dems should work as hard on immigration reform as those rich white people did to get those migrants off their precious island

Theyve passed several in the house. The Republicans have filibustered them.

So I take it your working harder means you think they should end the filibuster.

14 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Theyve passed several in the house. The Republicans have filibustered them.

So I take it your working harder means you think they should end the filibuster.

What exactly has he done?  Continue to build the wall he campaigned against? 

It’s record numbers. 

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

What exactly has he done?  Continue to build the wall he campaigned against? 

It’s record numbers. 

I’ll keep this slow for you, but please feel free to ask questions about the process. I understand this could be hard for you, but stick with it and you too can learn how the US system of governance works.

In the US system of politics, we have Congress. Congres has the House and the Senate. In order for a bill to become law, the House and the Senate must pass it. Once the bill passes both chambers it goes to the President for signature.

In the Senate, they have a rule known as the filibuster. Under this rule, a vote to end the filibuster must be done by 60 senators. Absent that vote, the bill cannot come to the floor.

Here, the House has passed several bills and sent them to the Senate. However, Democrats only have 50 members of the Senate. Therefore, 10 Republicans would need to vote to end the filibuster so the bill can come before the Senate and voted upon by a simple majority.

Now, there has been talks by a lot of Democrats to end the filibuster so they could pass bills such as these. So under your scenario, you want them to work harder to fix it. The only way for the Dems to work harder would be to end the filibuster.

4 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I’ll keep this slow for you, but please feel free to ask questions about the process. I understand this could be hard for you, but stick with it and you too can learn how the US system of governance works.

In the US system of politics, we have Congress. Congres has the House and the Senate. In order for a bill to become law, the House and the Senate must pass it. Once the bill passes both chambers it goes to the President for signature.

In the Senate, they have a rule known as the filibuster. Under this rule, a vote to end the filibuster must be done by 60 senators. Absent that vote, the bill cannot come to the floor.

Here, the House has passed several bills and sent them to the Senate. However, Democrats only have 50 members of the Senate. Therefore, 10 Republicans would need to vote to end the filibuster so the bill can come before the Senate and voted upon by a simple majority.

Now, there has been talks by a lot of Democrats to end the filibuster so they could pass bills such as these. So under your scenario, you want them to work harder to fix it. The only way for the Dems to work harder would be to end the filibuster.

long form way of telling me he ain’t done *****. Got it