Combating imaginary racism with actual racism??

17 hours ago, BillStime said:

Spin Jim spin

Spin. When you are losing an argument you throw out some nonsensical bs.  

In case you forgot “my generation” was extremely involved in bringing all races together. Remember hippies?   Your generation?  Cry B word moan wrings it’s hands and complains. 

Continue to dwell I’ll continue to discuss solutions. 

CTR 

21 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And once your done training all white kids to hate themselves...then what?

Minorities will get the majority of the money from social programs? Already done! Minorities will get advantaged admissions into college? Already done! A black man will be elected President? And then do it again? Already done! Oh wait...a black woman will be elected Vice President...yep ALREADY DONE!!!

Just because you hate your life doesn’t mean everyone else has to.

Hahaha exactly. More nonsense from this chump. Who’s sweeping anything under the rug ? Anyone who attended school in the last 60 years knows about the history. The vast majority of the population moved on from it years ago. Heck, even the civil rights movement is approaching 60 years ago.... as you stated the country is actually the least racist of any time in its history. The conversatuonreally needs to be about crime, especially violent crime and who commits it. That’s the conversation the left desperately wants to avoid as it spotlights their absolute failure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This tweet by Justice8795432270006422 bot who has a grand total of 71 followers got over 3,000 likes on a topic Twitter is fake *trending* (Cracker Barrel: people have thoughts about Cracker Barrel and its lack of inclusivity) today because why not. 

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

Because that’s not what they teach.  

The left has branded things like anti-racism and Black Lives Matter as if “how on earth could anyone be against these things”, when the underlying teachings are bonkers different than the branded slogan.  

They know CRT is wildly unpopular and are now rebranding as other terms and phrases, but it’s all the same.   

Chris Rufo was on with Marc Lamont Hill and asked to define what he liked about being white.  He wouldn’t answer and instead pushed back on the ascribed positive characteristics given to white people.   Organizational skills, being on-time, etc.. 

In reading the responses on Marc Lamont Hill’s twitter account, half the people were mocking Rufo for saying those are White people characteristics.... until the other half responded with graphics and links of that being what’s taught in CRT/Anti-Racist teachings. 

Most don’t understand it.  I’d highly suggest reading up on it and not falling for the psy-op branding. 

I have read extensively on it.

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Unfortunately you are being manipulated...and you clearly don’t see it. This country is less racist than at any time in its history. Not sure where you live but here in Southern California it looks like the United Nations, almost everywhere you go. This sudden focus on varying races is nothing more than political messaging hoping to isolate the Right as anti-everyone so the Left can say ‘join up with us’ and we’ll protect you and avenge you...all in the effort to attain and keep power. It’s utterly shocking that you don’t see that. I don’t expect more of the race batters like Billstime, Tibs and others but I’ve come to expect more of you. 

I live in Indiana and racism is alive and well here unfortunately.  Better that 50 years ago I presume, but still here.  Wish I could say different.  I don’t think you can take the situation you see in California and from that extrapolate to say that is such across the country.  

11 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I live in Indiana and racism is alive and well here unfortunately.  Better that 50 years ago I presume, but still here.  Wish I could say different.  I don’t think you can take the situation you see in California and from that extrapolate to say that is such across the country.  

Go figure? So California is doing something right after all? Who knew? 😉

But getting back, if you admit that relations are better than they were in the past...even in the course of our adult lifetimes...then why the sudden intense focus? You know why. 

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Go figure? So California is doing something right after all? Who knew? 😉

But getting back, if you admit that relations are better than they were in the past...even in the course of our adult lifetimes...then why the sudden intense focus? You know why. 

Yes, we don’t have lynchings anymore so I guess we’ve made some progress.  It is not an either or, 100% vs. 0%,  thing.  Progress has been made, more work needs to be done.  Here’s one example of how I know we have a ways to go, at least in my community:

After the George Floyd murder (which it was since he was convicted for such), we had the protests and such (and as you know, I did not approve of violence).  And a local leader in my town in his weekly newsletter wrote that protestors (not just those who were violent) were maggots and parasites.  Maggots and parasites.  He called human beings among us maggots and parasites.  And that MLK would not have walked in protest of the recent incidents against blacks.  Now, you know who this local leader was?

A priest.

That’s right, a priest in one of the local Catholic Churches.  And do I really have to tell you how many people came out in support of this guy?  And that instead of him being drummed out of the priesthood he was just transferred to another parish after his perfunctory apology?

You can’t fix problems unless you are willing to recognize there is a problem.  

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes, we don’t have lynchings anymore so I guess we’ve made some progress.  It is not an either or, 100% vs. 0%,  thing.  Progress has been made, more work needs to be done.  Here’s one example of how I know we have a ways to go, at least in my community:

After the George Floyd murder (which it was since he was convicted for such), we had the protests and such (and as you know, I did not approve of violence).  And a local leader in my town in his weekly newsletter wrote that protestors (not just those who were violent) were maggots and parasites.  Maggots and parasites.  He called human beings among us maggots and parasites.  And that MLK would not have walked in protest of the recent incidents against blacks.  Now, you know who this local leader was?

A priest.

That’s right, a priest in one of the local Catholic Churches.  And do I really have to tell you how many people came out in support of this guy?  And that instead of him being drummed out of the priesthood he was just transferred to another parish after his perfunctory apology?

You can’t fix problems unless you are willing to recognize there is a problem.  

Anecdotal evidence isn’t the greatest way to convince people, but regardless.. most don’t say “there isn’t a problem”.   The question is how to combat that problem.  

You seem to support hyper focus on race.  

Most do not support that, including many minorities.  Just like most don’t support defunding police, including most minorities.   

Seems like a vocal minority are setting the agenda for the majority in this country simply because, for too long, the majority (all races included) just sat back and took it.  

You’re finally seeing pushback now that it’s being so intensely pushed on our kids.  

I’ll ask you, since the last person I asked wouldn’t answer... What are some specific teachings within Critical Race Theory that you agree with?

• Like (+1) 1