Tyler Kroft signing with the Jets

CNY315

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Better than Hollister...

I'm having trouble parsing this.  Do you mean "better Kroft go to the Jets, than Hollister go to the Jets"?

Or do you mean Kroft is better than Hollister?

Because if that latter is what you mean, I believe you may be mistaken.

At least, let's put it this way. 

Tyler Kroft's absolute best season, the season that got him the big contract with B'lo, was in 2017: He was the starter for 14.5 games and put up 42 receptions for 404 yds, 67.7% catch (28.6 ypg as a starter).  He's had 3 seasons since then to show it wasn't a fluke.  🦗🦗

Jacob Hollister's absolute best season was in 2019 after Seattle traded for him in his 3rd year.  He put up 41 receptions for 349 yds, 69.5% catch (31.7 ypg, 34.9 ypg as a starter).  Then he came back last year behind Olsen, only saw about half the targets in 11 games, and still put up 25 receptions for 209 yds, which is ~ the same production per playing time.  So at least he showed he can play consistently. 

I'm not saying he's Henry or Waller or we should go have a parade, but he's at least a push to Kroft and I think he has a bit more "dawg" to him.

2 hours ago, CNY315 said:

$2M with additional $1M in incentives.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How so? 

Single career season over 150 yards.  Signed after an IR season of 4 catches. Signed, Immediately broke his foot.  Came back and sucked.   In 2020 he was healthy, useless, got on COVID list. Caught 10 passes.  

He was damaged goods AND a bum when signed. Now, predictably, because of the above, he’s already gone.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Single career season over 150 yards.  Signed after an IR season of 4 catches. Signed, Immediately broke his foot.  Came back and sucked.   In 2020 he was healthy, useless, got on COVID list. Caught 10 passes.  

He was damaged goods AND a bum when signed. Now, predictably, because of the above, he’s already gone.

It's true that he'd only had one season where he started, but the idea was he was stuck behind a quality guy and only started due to injury.

I guess if there was a reason to believe he would re-injure himself, it was a bad idea, but do you have reason to think the Bills medical staff took a risk there?

Aren't broken bones normally 1-offs?

I disagree on the "bum" and "useless" part, but he didn't become the quality guy that one good year led us to think he might.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's true that he'd only had one season where he started, but the idea was he was stuck behind a quality guy and only started due to injury.

I guess if there was a reason to believe he would re-injure himself, it was a bad idea, but do you have reason to think the Bills medical staff took a risk there?

Aren't broken bones normally 1-offs?

I disagree on the "bum" and "useless" part, but he didn't become the quality guy that one good year led us to think he might.

Signing  a fringe talent player off of Ian R season is always a risk.  He's very low milage, yet missed games from injury (that's not a solid pick-up scenario).  Feet are bad injuries.  Small bones, tendons.  He was always going to be a very marginal contributor, even completely healthy (which he wasn't).  

8 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Kroft wasn’t a bad guy or bad TE. Supposedly he has the smallest feet ever. I think he has a size 10 on that frame. It’s no wonder he falls over. 

He is a bad TE