[Name Only Title] Chad beebe

dbfla10

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Seems most Vikings fans don't understand why he's been on their roster this long. 

I guess when I see their reactions, I'm not understanding what you're seeing that suggests he'd be a good punt returner and a contributor in the WR room:

20 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

If the Bills lose Roberts, and McKenzie, Beebe could come in as PR and help more as a WR than Roberts did. Hes a good route runner with good hands that could fill several rolls.

I'm not familiar enough with him, but I'd definitely want a sure handed (for a large majority of the time) player receiving the PR and KR. I'm one of those that hopes to keep Roberts if possible. At least hope they make him an offer.

Even though McK broke one for a TD last season, I just don't feel as confident in him as I do Roberts as far as fielding the P/KR, due to he hasn't done it as long as Roberts. Not saying he can't, just feel more comfortable in Roberts not putting the ball on the ground and/or muffing the catch.

And yes I'm aware he fumbled one last season and made a couple head scratching returns when he should have taken the touch back. But he also gave them awesome field position a whole lot more times than bad, but it's very, very rare he fumbles and even more rare he muffs a return.

Whatever they decide though it's likely either Roberts or McK will be the KR/PR.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

36 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

If the Bills lose Roberts, and McKenzie, Beebe could come in as PR and help more as a WR than Roberts did. Hes a good route runner with good hands that could fill several rolls.

If his name was Chad Thompson would you still be interested?

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Is this another Chad person that only gets attention because of the last name...

Edited by Don Otreply

Roberts is a nice player to have on the roster, more ideally, he would offer more in the actually offense, but how much do you want to rely on a guy as a WR when he’s always the one getting set up for the biggest hit in football?  I kinda like the fact he isn’t a key contributor at another position.  We can always run Hyde out there , etc, but it’s a big risk, every time.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Chad Beebe has 20 catches in his 3 year career.  

Not saying I agree to sign him but he did not play WR in first two years.

Beebe had 20 catches 201 yards and two touchdowns in 2020 including a TD.  He is in same situation as other undrafted EFAs which would require too much to keep him.  It is part of the issue with NFL-NFLPA contract IMO.

• Like (+1) 1