Brandon Beane at Clemson pro day

Etienne ran 4.40 back to back.

I thought Cornell Powell was Bobby Lashley.  Then he ran a 4.47.  Impressive.  I’m not a big fan of his tape though.  He flashed some with Dj Uiegalelei throwing the ball, but he didn’t like like anything other than a 6-7th rd pick 

• Like (+1) 1

If they make the wrong decision and take a running back early I hope they at least don't put the process on "Bills embedded" like when Beane hungrily jumped up for Cody Ford.    Passing on DK and AJ (oh and Elgton Jenkins @Logic) was bad enough.    This isn't 1988.......taking a RB early is a BAD play.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 4

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If they make the wrong decision and take a running back early I hope they at least don't put the process on "Bills embedded" like when Beane hungrily jumped up for Cody Ford.    Passing on DK and AJ (oh and Elgton Jenkins @Logic) was bad enough.    This isn't 1988.......taking a RB early is a BAD play.    

I might agree with this in most instances but this team is super bowl caliber. An elusive speed back is one of our needs and starting next season, Allen is gonna be taking up a ton of our cap space. Singletary and Moss were both 3rd round picks and while I'm not necessarily done with either one and am holding out hope that at least one of them can be our lead guy, neither one really showed anything special last year. If we can get Etienne at 30, I would gladly take it. A dynamic rookie RB on a rookie contract once Allen starts taking up a ton of cap space, I'll gladly do it

• Like (+1) 11

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

First round CB or bust! - Bill in NYC 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That vert is bad for Etienne and Rodgers.........Allen's placement on passes to RB's is not one of his better attributes........and Singletary(35" vert) has a bigger catch radius than Etienne.

image.png

19 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I have one question.

31 teams? Who the ***** didn't go to the Clemson pro day?!!

The Saints they will probably have to pull out of the draft because they won't have any cap space or maybe the season if they can't get under the cap !! 

Edited by T master
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I might agree with this in most instances but this team is super bowl caliber. An elusive speed back is one of our needs and starting next season, Allen is gonna be taking up a ton of our cap space. Singletary and Moss were both 3rd round picks and while I'm not necessarily done with either one and am holding out hope that at least one of them can be our lead guy, neither one really showed anything special last year. If we can get Etienne at 30, I would gladly take it. A dynamic rookie RB on a rookie contract once Allen starts taking up a ton of cap space, I'll gladly do it

They won't be SB caliber for long if they draft for need and ignore positional value.

I was thrilled when the Chiefs took CEH in round 1 last year........RB availability does not move the Vegas line for a reason.

As fun as it is to see a RB who can break a few long ones and average over 5 yards per carry..........your average pass attempt should be 7-8 yards if you have a good QB.

Handing the ball off is not your best play as much as it is just a necessity to do a certain % of the time.........and that fraction of a yard difference between an average one and an outstanding one just isn't that impactful over the course of a season.   

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1