Sad day in the music world today...

Just Jack

RIP.

Back in the day cassettes were how I shared music with friends. It was a given that when you bought an album you'd record it on cassette for your friends.

But I don't miss pulling that cassette out of the player in the car and seeing a long trail of tape because it got munched. And then using a pen to spin the tape back into the cassette and hoping it didn't sound like sh!t - or get munched again.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Back in the day cassettes were how I shared music with friends. It was a given that when you bought an album you'd record it on cassette for your friends.

Half of my cassette collection (which I still have) were copies of others cassettes and CD's. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Cantankeous said:

Remember 97 Rock DJs telling what songs would be played in the next segment so I’d get the recorder set to make tapes. But the bastards would talk over the start of the song and again near the ending!😡

Going further back in time, WKBW 1520 am had singers singing the station's call letters to the tune of the song being played.  Granted, it was only top 'pop 40 drivel' on am, but still annoying.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Senator said:

The President thinks people who listen to cassettes are smarter because cassettes hold more words...

This is old and doesn't mention cassettes... 

First cassette I ever bought was Aerosmith Rocks... next was Frank Zappa Zoot Allures,,, and then Rush All the Worlds a Stage. After that I forget lol

On 3/10/2021 at 9:45 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

The geary thing on the back wheel of a bicycle.   Has lots of teeth:

GY.jpg

Shimano makes lots of them!

I love shimano cassettes and I love vinyl!

I still have some cassettes -NIN, Marley, Jerky Boys, a few others 

16 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I think almost all of my cassettes were copies off albums. I'm old enough that I had a 8 track player under the dash in first car 

Do you remember 4 tracks? 

image.png.471a2ff924a05d79fd6727096babf17f.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.