The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

@All_Pro_Bills - how could I possibly have forgotten these gems?

Trump Asked Attorney General To Declare 2020 Election Corrupt

"Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen"

• Is this a "different kind of corruption?"
  • Is this "Democratic operatives inside the agencies and departments sabotaging an elected government's ability to govern is corruption?"

Or UKRAINE - Trump’s phone conversation with Volodymyr Zelensky:

• The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike… I guess you have one of your wealthy people… The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you’re surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it’s very important that you do it if that’s possible.
  • The President: Well, she’s going to go through some things. I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it. I’m sure you will figure it out. I heard the prosecutor was treated very badly and he was a very fair prosecutor so good luck with everything. Your economy is going to get better and better I predict. You have a lot of assets. It’s a great country. I have many Ukrainian friends, their incredible people.

Trump repeatedly pressing the Ukraine President to investigate Biden’s son is NOT corruption?  Trump weaponizing his office and the DOJ to go after others is not corruption?

Once a hack - always a hack!

9 hours ago, Doc said:

There are too many crazy people who support Biden to list...

We’ve got actual Biden-supporting members of Congress recommending emptying the prisons and doing away with the border and Kemp posts some Internet idiot as an example of what’s wrong with Donald Trump….classic! 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We’ve got actual Biden-supporting members of Congress recommending emptying the prisons and doing away with the border and Kemp posts some Internet idiot as an example of what’s wrong with Donald Trump….classic! 

Yeah, Tlaib is worse than someone like Sharon Gilbert.  At least Gilbert's words/actions won't hurt anyone.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, Tlaib is worse than someone like Sharon Gilbert.  At least Gilbert's words/actions won't hurt anyone.

I’m not sure how it works but couldn’t she be impeached for openly recommending doing away with the judicial system in this country? After all isn’t that what she’s espousing? Didn’t she also swear to uphold and defend the Constitution?

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure how it works but couldn’t she be impeached for openly recommending doing away with the judicial system in this country? After all isn’t that what she’s espousing? Didn’t she also swear to uphold and defend the Constitution?

Not sure, but it will have to wait until 2023...

34 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That doesn’t apply to radical left wing marxists. 

Committee Follies.

The Democrat-led congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riots handed Republican critics a political cudgel, admitting it made a false accusation against witness Bernard Kerik while subpoenaing him.

But the backpedal Tuesday — prompted by an investigative report in Just the News — portends a larger battle over how much the former NYPD commissioner can cooperate with the congressional investigation as his lawyer raises concerns that some of Kerik's work on election integrity issues prior to the Capitol riot may be covered by President Trump's attorney-client privilege.

The Democrat-led congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riots handed Republican critics a political cudgel, admitting it made a false accusation against witness Bernard Kerik while subpoenaing him.

But the backpedal Tuesday — prompted by an investigative report in Just the News — portends a larger battle over how much the former NYPD commissioner can cooperate with the congressional investigation as his lawyer raises concerns that some of Kerik's work on election integrity issues prior to the Capitol riot may be covered by President Trump's attorney-client privilege.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/all-things-trump/jan-6-panels-false-accusation-against-witness-hands-cudgel-gop

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/20/2021 at 5:31 PM, Backintheday544 said:

You’re right. They should have. But the piss poor plan is reminiscent of the idiotic Trump regime.

The regime was slipshod with everything else, why expect them to become masterful tacticians with this?  

Irv… I often wonder if you’re even American. From offering slavery as your idea to solve immigration to now not understanding Biden and the Dems control the White House for 4 years. 

Perhaps there is a civil government class

online you can find.

Also don’t know why you keep posting a pick of a guy that lost an election to a person with dementia. Trump losing to the Biden is like the Dolphins losing to the Jaguars.

image.jpeg.08ceba079ee24204ca898cf23f14bf6a.jpeg

On 11/23/2021 at 9:29 AM, All_Pro_Bills said:

The issue is we have a different definition of corruption.  Biden & family making sweetheart deals with China in exchange for cash payments and extorting money from Ukraine while setting up his son at a 66K per month no-show job is corruption.  Biden using the FBI as muscle to protect his family interests is corruption.  Democratic operatives inside the agencies and departments sabotaging an elected government's ability to govern is corruption.  Trump saying mean and crude things about people, while loathsome, is not corruption and legitimate discussions with elected or business officials about matters of private business arrangements in other countries is not in and of itself corruption.   

So while I am concerned about public officials taking bribes and payoffs from foreign countries for who knows what in exchange and career bureaucrats maliciously obstructing the elected government of our country you're worried about hurting people's feelings.  Sorry if Trump made you and all your friends cry but while you're eyes are full of tears you must not be able to see clearly that our current President's family has been stuffing their pockets with cash and goodies.  

And frankly I'm tired of you binary arguments suggesting that what Trump did or didn't do absolves Biden of any wrongdoing.  The guys as crooked as a 3 dollar bill whether or not Trump existed or not.  Period.

Still can’t hear you All Pro Hack.

And speaking of Biden corruption…

OH WAIT - my bad:

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Still can’t hear you All Pro Hack.

And speaking of Biden corruption…

OH WAIT - my bad:

The difference is Trump transgressions get investigated and exposed and embellished 24/7 by the media with constant air play but Biden's don't.  All chatter gets downplayed and censored and blocked and stuffed down the rabbit hole.  The laptop scandal.  Buried.  The Chinese billion dollar hedge fund "investment" to a guy that knows nothing about managing funds.  Buried.  The Ukraine no-show $66K a month job and extortion of their government.  Buried.  The daughter's diary thing with Veritas.  Buried and an FBI raid w/leaks to NYT.  I can go on. 

What else do you want me to tell you?  The guy's a lifetime political hack and crook constantly on the take.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The difference is Trump transgressions get investigated and exposed and embellished 24/7 by the media with constant air play but Biden's don't.  All chatter gets downplayed and censored and blocked and stuffed down the rabbit hole.  The laptop scandal.  Buried.  The Chinese billion dollar hedge fund "investment" to a guy that knows nothing about managing funds.  Buried.  The Ukraine no-show $66K a month job and extortion of their government.  Buried.  The daughter's diary thing with Veritas.  Buried and an FBI raid w/leaks to NYT.  I can go on. 

What else do you want me to tell you?  The guy's a lifetime political hack and crook constantly on the take.  

But where is the cash - cash bro - where is all the Chinese cash being handed over to Biden?

Laptop? A diary? You are still whining about it?  Are you f’n serious?  If there were any credibility to those being real - why would we have any faith those items weren’t compromised? Idiots

I can give two F’s about Hunters board gig - wtf does his experience have to do with anything? I love how you nut

jobs leverage that empty outrage while failing to acknowledge Ivanka got her CHINESE trademarks rather quickly into Daddy’s new gig 

How the F did Don Jr and Eric get their jobs?  Where is their experience?

How was Javanka remotely qualified to be anywhere near a WH job? Heck - Jared couldn’t even get his security clearance passed until Daddy in Law put his foot down. The kid literally used our tax dollars to build up his PE firm. 

If you are going to bich about Biden and completely ignore Trump and their literal well documented family corruption - then you are nothing but a hack.

And once again - a list of conspiracies above with no sources or proof - because YOU GOT NONE.

Pathetic hack 

6 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This. It’s OK to investigate/lie about Rs but leave Ds alone. 

On 11/30/2021 at 12:02 PM, BillStime said:

And it's looking like the courts are backing up the select committee. The foolish argument that Trump still has executive privilidge is going nowhere fast. Witnesses are tesitfying, evidence is being collected and who did what is being learned. While the rubes that were stirred up by Trump are heading to jail, the ring is closing in on the garbage that orchestrated this national disgrace 

• Haha (+1) 1

Not quite what the usual suspects are saying.

That sounds like less of a “critical shift” on Meadows’ part and more of a compromise approach by both sides.

Meadows won’t go the full Bannon by refusing to even appear — likely a tactical and legal mistake, as opposed to appearing and invoking the privilege claimed by Trump to the pertinent questions. But Meadows apparently has forced the committee to take what it can get for the moment, get Meadows’ refusals into the record, and proceed from that point forward.

Meadows’ attorney gave a statement to CNN that largely tracks with that impression:

“As we have from the beginning, we continue to work with the Select Committee and its staff to see if we can reach an accommodation that does not require Mr. Meadows to waive Executive Privilege or to forfeit the long-standing position that senior White House aides cannot be compelled to testify before Congress,” Terwilliger said. “We appreciate the Select Committee’s openness to receiving voluntary responses on non-privileged topics.”

In other words, Meadows might have plenty to say, but the committee might not find it terribly interesting or compelling when he talks selectively. Meadows plans to cooperate enough to forestall legal action, it seems, and that’s about it.

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/11/30/whoa-meadows-cuts-deal-to-cooperate-with-january-6-committee-n432213

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Not quite what the usual suspects are saying.

That sounds like less of a “critical shift” on Meadows’ part and more of a compromise approach by both sides.

Meadows won’t go the full Bannon by refusing to even appear — likely a tactical and legal mistake, as opposed to appearing and invoking the privilege claimed by Trump to the pertinent questions. But Meadows apparently has forced the committee to take what it can get for the moment, get Meadows’ refusals into the record, and proceed from that point forward.

Meadows’ attorney gave a statement to CNN that largely tracks with that impression:

“As we have from the beginning, we continue to work with the Select Committee and its staff to see if we can reach an accommodation that does not require Mr. Meadows to waive Executive Privilege or to forfeit the long-standing position that senior White House aides cannot be compelled to testify before Congress,” Terwilliger said. “We appreciate the Select Committee’s openness to receiving voluntary responses on non-privileged topics.”

In other words, Meadows might have plenty to say, but the committee might not find it terribly interesting or compelling when he talks selectively. Meadows plans to cooperate enough to forestall legal action, it seems, and that’s about it.

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/11/30/whoa-meadows-cuts-deal-to-cooperate-with-january-6-committee-n432213

Talk is cheap.  Let me know when they find something.  Of course they'll slow-roll this until next November, but no one will care when the country is still in the crapper.

The Daily Beast, a far-left publication, put out a piece this morning about Steve Bannon and the strategy behind not showing up before the Jan 6 Committee.  The article starts off in the right direction.

Steve Bannon—the right-wing media personality turned adviser to Donald Trump turned right-wing media personality again—became the first person in nearly 40 years to be indicted on a charge of criminal contempt of Congress last month after he refused to cooperate with the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection. Now, Bannon appears to be using his criminal case to go after the committee that went after him.

Bannon is attempting to force investigators to potentially expose who they’ve talked to and what they’ve said, peek into secret communications on the committee, and create a playbook for other resistant witnesses, according to several legal experts.

“There’s no cost to opposing Congress if you can give Congress a black eye for even daring to ask you questions,” said Kel McClanahan, an attorney who specializes in national security matters.

As Bannon faces criminal charges, he’s entitled to the evidence against him. And in a typical galaxy-brain, Bannon countergambit, Trump’s former senior adviser is trying to make some of that evidence public.

According to a Sunday night court filing by federal prosecutors, that includes secret witness interviews by law enforcement and internal communications between House committee staff members. The Justice Department claims this material that, were it exposed to the public, would cause “specific harms” like “witness tampering” or making it impossible to find impartial jurors at a future trial.

In a court filing on Tuesday, Bannon’s lawyers said the government’s argument was “festooned with hyperbole… perhaps designed to score points with the media.” That same day, a “press coalition” of 15 news organizations—including Buzzfeed, CNN, and The Washington Post—sided with Bannon and asked the judge overseeing the case to make documents available and reject what it called “this broad gag order.”

why are Congress and the DOJ withholding information from those they prosecute who have every right to this information?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/12/corrupt-politicians-overseeing-jan-6-committee-scared-truth-bannons-subpoenas-scare-death/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Daily Beast, a far-left publication, put out a piece this morning about Steve Bannon and the strategy behind not showing up before the Jan 6 Committee.  The article starts off in the right direction.

Steve Bannon—the right-wing media personality turned adviser to Donald Trump turned right-wing media personality again—became the first person in nearly 40 years to be indicted on a charge of criminal contempt of Congress last month after he refused to cooperate with the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection. Now, Bannon appears to be using his criminal case to go after the committee that went after him.

Bannon is attempting to force investigators to potentially expose who they’ve talked to and what they’ve said, peek into secret communications on the committee, and create a playbook for other resistant witnesses, according to several legal experts.

“There’s no cost to opposing Congress if you can give Congress a black eye for even daring to ask you questions,” said Kel McClanahan, an attorney who specializes in national security matters.

As Bannon faces criminal charges, he’s entitled to the evidence against him. And in a typical galaxy-brain, Bannon countergambit, Trump’s former senior adviser is trying to make some of that evidence public.

According to a Sunday night court filing by federal prosecutors, that includes secret witness interviews by law enforcement and internal communications between House committee staff members. The Justice Department claims this material that, were it exposed to the public, would cause “specific harms” like “witness tampering” or making it impossible to find impartial jurors at a future trial.

In a court filing on Tuesday, Bannon’s lawyers said the government’s argument was “festooned with hyperbole… perhaps designed to score points with the media.” That same day, a “press coalition” of 15 news organizations—including Buzzfeed, CNN, and The Washington Post—sided with Bannon and asked the judge overseeing the case to make documents available and reject what it called “this broad gag order.”

why are Congress and the DOJ withholding information from those they prosecute who have every right to this information?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/12/corrupt-politicians-overseeing-jan-6-committee-scared-truth-bannons-subpoenas-scare-death/

Why are Congress and the DOJ withholding information from those they prosecute who have every right to this information?

Because as always, the lying scrum bags are bluffing their way through most of it and when challenged attempt to "invoke the cone of silence" if they get called out. 

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Why are Congress and the DOJ withholding information from those they prosecute who have every right to this information?

Because as always, the lying scrum bags are bluffing their way through most of it and when challenged attempt to "invoke the cone of silence" if they get called out. 

Wait, he's in trouble for not showing up to testify. What other info would he need? 

• Eyeroll 1